2nd September 2011, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare to crack IAS exam?

Dear sir,
i am mukteswar .now i have continuing my b.tech 2nd year (e&i branch).how can i prepare to creack ias exam.and make my dream become true.plz sir give your advice.

4th September 2011, 12:41 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How can I prepare to crack IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,
i am mukteswar .now i have continuing my b.tech 2nd year (e&i branch).how can i prepare to creack ias exam.and make my dream become true.plz sir give your advice.

TIPS TO PREPARE FOR IAS

I really appreciate your aim and hard work that you want to put for the preparation for IAS.. keep it up... if you can keep this for another 2 more years i.e to put your time and hard work for IAS civil service exam preparation then for sure you will succeed...

-> First of all to prepare for the exam you must know the pattern of the exam and the questions followed in the exam...

-> I have attached some of the previous year model papers of IAS exam in this post for your reference.. just go through the papers and try to find out the questions and pattern followed in the exam and prepare accordingly...

-> I have also attached the tentative syllabus and pattern of the IAS exam in this post, just go through it once and prepare for it accordingly...

-> As you are now in 2nd year just prepare a proper schedule for IAS preparation daily and follow it without fail...

-> There are many books available in the market which helps you to prepare for the exam...

-> I have also attached the list of recommended books for IAS exam in this post for your reference.. check it out if needed...

-> Just keep this in mind "Hard Work is the one which you must have in mind for the next 2 years" then for sure you will clear the exam...

All the Best..
Attached Files
File Type: zip IAS.zip(11.47 MB, 117 views)
File Type: pdf IAS syllabus.pdf(11.7 KB, 152 views)
File Type: pdf Exam pattern - IAS.pdf(9.9 KB, 151 views)
File Type: pdf Recommended books for IAS.pdf(46.4 KB, 163 views)
File Type: pdf Tips to prepare for civil service exam.pdf(7.1 KB, 150 views)
4th September 2011, 08:15 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to crack IAS exam?

hi dear
there are some criteria to apply for IAS exam are as follows......
The candidates should be a graduate from any discipline, from a recognize university.
the age limit is 20 - 3o yrs, there is a relaxation for sc/st & obc candidates.
for more details you can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

to crack this exam you have to prepare seriously there are many books available you can purchase like.

good luck.....
4th September 2011, 01:51 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Aiming high is very good.And this is the right time to take preparation.First you cover the entire syllabus and then solve previous papers.So many books are available for practice,but read your text first and understand the basic knowledge.Questions are coming from your basic studies.

For general awareness and English you must read English newspaper daily,add this habit in your daily routine.

Thats all for preparation strategy.Other information like eligibility criteria,syllabus,nos of attempt and related things then visit www.upsc.gov.in.

If you have any doubt feel free to ask me.I will always help you.
4th September 2011, 04:52 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IAS exam is a civil service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year..
For civil services examination one is required to choose two optional subjects from the listed 25 subjects .. So, you will have to choose any two subject as per your interest.

The examination pattern is as under :-

The examination is conducted in two stage:
1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination or Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT):-
This a common exam based on General Studies, comprehension skill, verbal and
quantitative aptitude and communication skills.

2.Main Examination and Personal interview:-
Those who qualify Preliminary round appear for Main examination.
Those who qualify Main examination are called for Interview.
The marks of Main examination and Interview are sum up to prepare the final merit list.
The Main examination comprise of following papers.
Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
General Essay type paper (200 marks)
General Studies(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
Optional subject-I(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)

Interview: 300 marks.

The list of optional subject is as follow:
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History
Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science and International Relations
Psychology
Public Administration

So, to crack the exam you must have a vast general knowledge.. Try to stay in touch with all the latest information about the Indian Politics..
Read daily newspaper..
it will help you a lot..Beside this you have to be prepare yourself in any two subjects for the main exam..
So, go for it...
All the best...
4th September 2011, 05:18 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Dear friend,

it is good to know that you are proving your worth by preparing for ias exam..
For cracking ias exam you require following things..

-try to be focused and read guide book available in market and get a good coaching. You should concentrate upon the subjects like history, geography, economic, general knowledge .

-the precise & focused presentation of these notes would be more effective than any other material provided by coaching especially in the scenario of negative marking .

-proper use of internet which is consider as an important source of information. It helps a lot. You can get latest information and in-depth analysis on the net. You should used current affairs websites available on the net especially those that are dedicated towards civil service exam..

-it is neccesary to develop yor general awareness so,always keep in touch with newspaper ,magazines and journals..improve your communcation skills and personality it would helpful in your personal interview..

-try to practice the previous years questions,reading materials and reccomended books so that you will be accquanted with the pattern of questions..

-speed and accuracy is the main thing needed which is one of the main bank exam preparation tips. In the exam you have to try to complete maximum questions as the time duration will be less for bank exams. There are chances for negative marks for wrong answers so it is a must to avoid answering anything without reading the question in multiple choice questions..

Hope this helps you.

Good luck..
14th September 2011, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir im tariq khanday frow kashmir.i did my graduation in science.my desire is to crack ias so sir give me some tips about how to preapre for it.
28th November 2011, 04:57 PM
litunu

First of all to prepare for the exam you must know the pattern of the exam and the questions followed in the exam...

-> I have attached some of the previous year model papers of IAS exam in this post for your reference.. just go through the papers and try to find out the questions and pattern followed in the exam and prepare accordingly...

-> I have also attached the tentative syllabus and pattern of the IAS exam in this post, just go through it once and prepare for it accordingly...

-> As you are now in 2nd year just prepare a proper schedule for IAS preparation daily and follow it without fail...

-> There are many books available in the market which helps you to prepare for the exam...

-> I have also attached the list of recommended books for IAS exam in this post for your reference.. check it out if needed...

-> Just keep this in mind "Hard Work is the one which you must have in mind for the next 2 years"
7th December 2011, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

i am appearing for my 12th examination. how to prepare for it and crack it ?
28th December 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have done M.ed and M.sc in food tech. So plz tell me which subjects i will take.
20th October 2012, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

sir , i am graduated in BE n thinking to become civil servant...so i want to know the best coaching institutes in hyderabad and banglore to take up this IAS....kindle guide me...n tell me the tips to crack IAS prelims....
20th October 2012, 09:55 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

IAS exam preparation needs full dedication and focussed apprach. Below is the needed information for IAS exams -

Eligibility criteria -

You must be a citizen of India.

Age limit - 21- 30 years

Minimum graduation from a recognised university.

Examination Procedure -

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Mains

You can start preparing for IAS / IPS / IFS.

It would be better if you join a good coaching center.

UPSC has announced the date of Preliminary Exam - which is 19th MAY 2013.

There are lot of books in the market for IAS preparation.

These are the names of few good books -

Objective General Studies For UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination
by A. R. Khan

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal

General Science For Civil Services Preliminary Examinations
by S A Majid

CSAT: Civil Services Aptitude Test
by Madhukar Bhagat

Indian's Struggle of Independence by Bipan Chandra

You should join a good coaching center also. It will be very helpful as they will help you to organise your preparations.
13th January 2013, 11:20 AM
pinewood
Senior Member+

hi,,,

prepare to crack IAS exam

1.There are many books available in the market which helps you to prepare for the exam.

2.Just keep this in mind "Hard Work is the one which you must have in mind for the next 2 years"

3.I have also attached the tentative syllabus and pattern of the IAS exam in this post, just go through it once and prepare for it accordingly

4.I have attached some of the previous year model papers of IAS exam in this post for your reference

5.UPSC has announced the date of Preliminary Exam - which is 19th MAY 2013

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31st May 2013, 10:01 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

>> Tips to be followed for the preparation of IAS Examination :~

• Do regular study.

• Study according to the pattern of the examination.

• Always communicate with other candidates.

• Always prepare personal notes.

• Practice Model/sample test papers.

• Read current affairs regularly.

• Try to do critical analysis while reading any topic.

• Go through the previous year question papers.

• Review your performance periodically.

• Assess your competitive level in comparison to other candidates.

• Don't think about success and failure at tihs stage.

>> Best of luck . . .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?