12th July 2013, 06:41 PM
Rajkumar1221

How should I crack IAS exam? I am a engineering graduate

Hi ,
Dear Friends This is Rajkumar . I'm a Engg graduate Passion to crack my IAS Exam Can anyone help me what are the initial step to Start with the IAS Exam preparations and Centers,Pls help me out

16th July 2014, 07:57 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How should I crack IAS exam? I am a engineering graduate

In case IAS, UPSC conducts the examinations comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. You need to be a graduate in regular stream for being eligible for appearing in the Indian Administrative Service exams conducted by UPSC. You are eligible to fill the form provided the university is recognized. On selection, you will gone for training which includes rigorous physical training. In Junior Scale, a new recruit joins at this pay scale and has a basic pay of INR 15,600-39,100. Also you will have Grade Pay of INR 5400. After serving two years as a probationary officer, a new IAS recruit gets posted as a sub collector or a SDO.
Candidates who are defence personnel get relaxation upto 3 years in the case of disability. Upto 5 years relaxation comes to ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who has minimum five years Military Service You will need a certificate form Ministry of Defence seeking permission to apply for civil employment. On selection, they will be released within 3 months. There are good coaching institutes for preparation like
Paradigm IAS Academy
Abhyankar’s IAS academy
Chanakya IAS Academy
Study Circle
Career Launcher
The reference books for IAS preparation are as follow:
1) Shorter Constitution Of India (Set of 2 Volumes) 14th Editon – D.D.Basu
2) India 2014 – Publication Division, Govt.of India

3) Economic Survey 2012-2013
4) India Since Independence – Bipan Chandra
17th July 2014, 01:42 AM
Prathmic09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajkumar1221 View Post
Hi ,
Dear Friends This is Rajkumar . I'm a Engg graduate Passion to crack my IAS Exam Can anyone help me what are the initial step to Start with the IAS Exam preparations and Centers,Pls help me out
Tips to crack IAS Exam:-

-You need to regularly study for IAS exam.
-You need to study based on the examination pattern.
-You can go through the previous year question papers.
-You can various books available in the market.
-You can try the mock test and find out your mistakes.

Here I suggest some few Books and coaching classes for IAS hope this definitely helpful for you.
Coaching Institute :- Sathya IAS Academy,Sriram’s IAS ,Success IAS Academy etc..

Books For IAS Exam:-
  • IAS Prelims/CSAT Civil Services: 18 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers (1995-2012) by Disha Experts
  • IAS Civil Service Examination (UPSC) By Author: Kumud Ranjan Singh
  • UPSC IAS Civil Services Exam 2011 Syllabus by Gkp
27th October 2014, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to prepare and study for UPSE from childhood? Can't it be possible to start study after engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?