19th November 2012, 08:06 PM
satyajyoti.geol

How can I prepare for TOEFL? What are the basic necessities? I am a student of MSc in geology

sir I am a student of m.sc.in geology.what is the basic necessities for toffel exam and how can I prepaire for toffel?please mail me some tricks.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join MSc in geology?
  2. Which PG is better? M.Tech in applied geology, Msc petrotech. or Msc geology? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to do MSc Geology through distance course? I have passed BSc in Geology
  4. Detailed information about the distance universities offering M.Sc Geology for B.Sc Geology passed candidate?
  5. How can I crack IIT JAM entrance exam for MSc? I am a BSc 3rd year student
  6. How can I prepare to crack TOEFL being a B.E.(ECE) 3rd year student? -- [New]
  7. List of universities conducting M.Sc Geology in Distance Learning being a candidate having completed B.Sc in Geology in the year of 2003?
  8. What are the basic necessities to study MS from abroad? Which exam should I prefer for that?
  9. which are the universities providing MSc geology in distance?
  10. What are the job opportunities for me in geology in Pune after completing MSc Geology?
  11. What is the date of availability of forms for MSc geology?
  12. Career options for MSc Geology student? Where can I apply for job after MSc?
  13. Eligibility criteria for doing MSc Geology? Notification date and syllabus of MSc Geology exam?
  14. Can I apply for IIT-JAM(Geology/Geophysics) if having Physics in 3rd & 4th semesters of B.Sc(Geology)? Books for preparation of this exam? Which one has better scope between Geology and Geophysics?
  15. How to prepare for TOEFL?
  16. What is the qualification to do MSc in geology?
  17. How should I prepare for MSc Tech Geology in ISM Dhanbad
  18. Universities in India offering MSc Geology or Applied Geology, MSc Geophysics or Applied Geophysics, MSc Hydro Geology in Distance Education?
28th June 2013, 08:38 PM
suceela

Default Re: How can I prepare for TOEFL? What are the basic necessities? I am a student of MSc in geology

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyajyoti.geol View Post
sir I am a student of m.sc.in geology.what is the basic necessities for toffel exam and how can I prepaire for toffel?please mail me some tricks.

The TOEFL test measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. And it evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks. it can be conducted either through online or offline. it depends upon your convience.

more than 8000colleges accept TOEFL marks.
"There is no age limit for TOEFL test takers"
if you are going for higher studies, then start preparing for TOEFL from your 2nd year.
its better if you go to some center for TOEFL preparation. they will give some idea about your TOEFL format and how to prepare for it.
The exam is divided in to three categories :

1) Listening
2) Reading
3) Writing

*Learn as many vocabulary words, idioms, grammar as you can.
*read the daily newspapers regularly(your english standard will improve)
this will help you for reading and writing parts.

no hard preparation is necessary, please practice listening and get acquainted with american accent. But the accent in the listening is not heavy. Watch a lot of American Movies,and Serials. Once you enter the exam hall, dont get nervous. Try some relaxing techniques.. dont get panic.
be cool and take your exam.
all the best..!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?