20th April 2015, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

How can I quit from Engineering? Will I have to pay the whole fees to get original documents back?

Hi sir/madum iam studying in vtu karnataka college of engineering but iam not interested in engineering so how to quit ?the thing is that i came to know that i have to pay whole three years college fee because of my original documents are with them

21st April 2015, 12:57 AM
poojasingh151

Default Re: How can I quit from Engineering? Will I have to pay the whole fees to get original documents back?

Yes, you will have to pay the entire fee of the four years of bachelor's degree in technology because of the following reasons:

~~You took one of the engineering seats of the college when you will quit engineering, the seat will be vacant for rest years as no admission will be done to that seat in the given academic year.

So college will have to suffer loss due to you.

Hence you need to pay the entire fee to get your original documents back.
21st April 2015, 10:47 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I quit from Engineering? Will I have to pay the whole fees to get original documents back?

No I do not think so but now a days the colleges are becoming so rude that they do what they want put the pressure on the students for it .

But I do not think that the colleges have to ask for three year fee for it . But still if they force you to pay instead of returning the documents then try to go with any social forum or inform it to the university and further to UGC to take strict action against it .

I hope they will definitely return if you will ask them that you will do this if they will not return your documents .
21st April 2015, 11:33 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

We are very sorry to say that, it is true.

The Madurai bench of the Madras high court has ruled that "it is not illegal for a self-financing college to collect fees for the remaining years, in case a student leaves the course mid way." Justice K Ravichandra Baabu gave the ruling while dismissing a petition filed by a student seeking a refund for the amount she paid to a college on leaving the course.

Now, since the Madras High court had already given this statement so it completely depends on the college, what decision it takes.

Now, since you have to pa the complete fee, so we would desperately advise you to complete your engineering. Now that you are halfway through your course, it would be definitely advisable that you complete it - even if it is by last minute "mugging up." Your engineering degree will open doors to innumerable higher studies or entrance exams.
17th June 2015, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

because of health issues I am going to quit engineering if we have valid reason also should we pay the full amount to get the original documents
24th November 2015, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

i am an engineering management student, should i too pay the rest of the three years fee if i need to quit engineering?
18th August 2016, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

And if someone fails and loses all the chances to reappear will i have to still pay for the certificates
16th October 2016, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

At present I am studying BDS in a private college but I want to quit the course shall I have to pay the full course fee
2nd February 2017, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

I joined Coimbatore marine college to pursue my MBA.i came to know that the college is a partner with the university and the college is providing us distance education instead of regular course.i paid 75000 for 1st semester plus 15000 mess fees. I discontinued the college and asked back my certificates for which they refused to give. I did not ask for the refund but still they are demanding second semester fees rs.60000 if I have to get back my certificates.
4th February 2017, 10:58 AM
anupamd1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir/madum iam studying in vtu karnataka college of engineering but iam not interested in engineering so how to quit ?the thing is that i came to know that i have to pay whole three years college fee because of my original documents are with them
For a private college you have to pay the whole fees plus the penalty to receive your certificate.
5th May 2017, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I am studying engineering 2nd year ,now I want to transfer from that college,is it I have to pay the hole 3 and 4 years fee for my certificates and for tc
2nd July 2017, 06:35 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir ,I am third year dc student of engineering ,now i do not wanted to do engineering and college are demanding remaining two years fees for tc
31st July 2017, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir i am from Karnataka discontinued engineering in 2013 but the college administration are not returning my diploma certificate they are asking 3 years fee how to solve this issue
18th August 2017, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

I am a b.tech student studying in a self financing collage controlled by kerala government. Just two weaks before i admitted in this collage. But now i want to quit.is it possible ?will i have to pay the whole fees to get back my original certificates ?
21st October 2017, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Hello. I'm studying B.tech in a private engineering college. I'm in 1 semester. I want to discontinue it. I'm through convenor. Will I have to pay the fees of 4 years to get my Original certificates?
24th November 2017, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

I'm a btech sem-1 student. The institution in which I'm studying is worse there are no experienced teachers and number of students is very low. So I need to drop out. It's a merit seat at pvt college in kerala. Shall I pay the full term fee?? If so why should I? It's because of the institution, I have decided to drop. So why should I bother their loss?
26th December 2017, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

I am B. E first year student. I want to discontinue the course. Can I pay other 3years fee for the college to get my educational certificates please solve this
21st January 2018, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I'm 2 semester engineering student got seat through KCET I want to join MBBS course through KCET itself in the upcoming NEET 2018. So, should I refund the fees for the next three years of engineering course???
28th March 2018, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

I'm a 1st year engineering student in an autonomous college & i want to discontinue my studies. Will the college management gives the certificates after informing to UGC or university without taking the remaining 3 years fee
6th May 2018, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Sir I dropped out of college due to personal reasons in 2-1 semester in btech and college is demanding to pay all four years fees to give my original certificates submitted during the admission I cannot afford to pay the whole course fee please can you please help me how can I get my certificates back
6th May 2018, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi all you can get your TC at any time you want, without paying the remaining fees for the remaining years. For this you can refer the AICTE manual 2017-2018. in that it is clearly mentioned that college cannot withhold your leaving certificate for any reason. go on this link https://www.aicte-india.org/sites/default/files/APH%202018-19%20Modified.pdf and read page no 72.
27th October 2018, 05:34 AM
Unregistered

Sir i join my college 2018-19 year calender in 3rd sem without registration I leave my college my roll no allot and Pay my some fee
So I want join my college
It's possible or not
If possible then tell me how I can do this
13th November 2018, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to quit vtu engineering college without paying the three year fees ?
24th February 2019, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

I want to quit Mtech due to some personal reasons but my college management is demanding me to pay whole fees.
14th May 2019, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

I have got admission in Engineering college through TFWS but now in Second year I want to medical, it is possible or not
10th July 2019, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

My son is selected for National Defence Academy He was in first year of engineering .What is the procedure to quit college
3rd August 2019, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Can we leave engineering after second year will they give all our documents to us or we need to pay the entire fees
30th August 2019, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

I am joining Btech first year in 2013 on management Kota .I discontinueed after three months how to get my originals how much fees pay
20th February 2020, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir/madum iam studying in engineering college in Maharashtra but iam not interested in engineering so how to quit ?I got that seat through reservation quota ,the thing is that i came to know that i have to pay whole three years college fee because of my original documents are with them ,is that true??? Currently I am in first year sem2.
20th June 2020, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a bteck student in karnataka vtu college I m in 4th semester but I wants to drop out from the college since I have a 8 backlogs so how can I get my original certificate back
5th August 2021, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

I was thinking that i want to leave the my engineering collage cs branch can i leave the collage in first year .. and i want to do self study will the collage return my original documents or not
19th August 2021, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

No you don't have to pay if u use ur brain...you will have to lie or act for some days let me say clearly....

You can ask them certificates for verification of passport or applying for a job or verification for study loan or etc ...
In that case they will handover ur certificates for a little time...

Once you get you certificates you can just get vanished with your certificates ✌🏻😁

I did it because if they can illegally keep our certificates with them than we can too illegally take back our certificates from them 😎

Soo just chill and partyyy dudeee🥳🥳
13th December 2022, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Can we leave engineering in vtu affiliated colleges in Karnataka after the 1 St sem now.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?