31st January 2011, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

How can a student join Sir J.J. school of arts after passing 12th from science stream?

My daughter has completed her 11th Science She is interested in Applied Arts .She is keen upon doing it at Sir.J.J. School of Arts. She has passed the Elementary and Intermediate Drawing Exams with grade 'A' and 'B' respectively. Please guide as to further procedures. Thank you

13th March 2012, 08:09 PM
venkatadrir

Thumbs up Re: How can a student join Sir J.J. school of arts after passing 12th from science stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter has completed her 11th Science She is interested in Applied Arts .She is keen upon doing it at Sir.J.J. School of Arts. She has passed the Elementary and Intermediate Drawing Exams with grade 'A' and 'B' respectively. Please guide as to further procedures. Thank you

sir j.j.school means Sir Jamsetjee Jeejebhoy School of Art.below i have given brief about the courses eligibilities and joining procedure.

Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)

Painting, Sculpture, Metal Work, Textile Design, Interior Decoration, Ceramics.

Master of Fine Arts (MFA)

Painting

Eligibility

The candidate needs to have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (State Board of Higher Secondary Education)/ an Examination of another University or Board recognised as equivalent thereto, with not less than 50 per cent marks in aggregate (45 per cent marks in the case of backward class candidate from Maharashtra State only). The candidate needs to have passed Intermediate Drawing Grade Examination of Directorate of Art, Maharashtra State (This does not apply to foreign candidates, who instead need to appear for Entrance test for first year). The candidate should pass an Entrance Aptitude Test conducted by the College.

There would be a common entrance test for the six degree courses mentioned above. The structure of the entrance test will remain as follows: XIIth Standard aggregate total 50 per cent of the actual percentage Intermediate Drawing Grade – ‘A’ Grade 10 marks ‘B’ Grade 5 marks ‘C’ Grade – Nil. Entrance Test – out of 40.

The result of the entrance test will be declared and put only on the notice board of this institute.

Candidates appearing for the entrance test should declare their preference on the application form by putting tick mark in the box shown against the degree course. Without this preference the application will be treated as invalid. Candidates at their option may put tick mark against as many courses they wish. Admissions, however, will be considered on purely merit basis.

Prescribed application form duly filled in must be submitted to the office of the Dean, within seven days from the date of declaration of HSC result of this State.

The result of the entrance test will be declared separately for each degree course and according to the merit secured by the candidates at the entrance test.

This admission will be purely provisional and it will be confirmed by University of Mumbai in due course. This provisional admission should be taken by the candidate within the specific period declared on the notice board to pay the fees and submit the required certificate in original with attested photocopies. After this specific period no candidate can claim for the specific degree course.

Eligibility Certificate

A student from another Board/State will be required to produce a Certificate of Eligibility from the Registrar, University of Mumbai for the purpose of admission to the BFA/MFA degree course. Candidates are advised to obtain Certificate of Eligibility. Information regarding equivalent of examination and particulars and form of application of the certificate of Eligibility may be obtained from: The Registrar, University of Mumbai.

MFA Painting

Candidate for being eligible for admission to the Master of Fine Arts (Painting) degree course must have passed the examination of this University or an examination of another university recognised by Mumbai University as equivalent thereto.

The admission to the course will be made purely on the merits of the candidate at the qualifying examination and on the performance of the candidate in an interview to be held by the Dean. Every candidate for the MFA Degree shall have to register as a post graduate student of the university. The duration of the course for the Degree of Master of Fine Arts (Painting) by papers shall be two academic years.

A student from another Board/State will b required to produce a certificate of Eligibility from the Registrar of Mumbai University for the purpose of admission to the MFA Degree Course. Candidates are advised to obtain the certificate of eligibility.

A student who has studied in this institute in the previous year but fails to take admission on or before commencement of the first term of every academic year will lose his/her claim for the seat and vacancies will be finalised by giving admission on the basis of the application received in time.

For Diploma Courses

The candidates seeking admission to the diploma course must have passed: SSC Examination held at the end of Xth standard conducted by the Maharshtra State Board of Secondary Education or an examination recognised as equivalent thereto with English as one of the subjects. Candidates seeking admission for A.T.D. (new course) must have passed HSC Examination of any branch and intermediate Drawing Graduate Examination. Diploma/Degree in Drawing and Painting or Sculpture and Modelling or applied Art, students will be admitted for Diploma in Art Education Course.

Applications for the Diploma/Degree in Drawing courses along with the copies of relevant certificates referred to in the form of application for admission should reach the Dean, Sir J.J. School of Art, Mumbai 400 001 as stated in clause above.
27th April 2012, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can a student join Sir J.J. school of arts after passing 12th from science stream?

what merits are required for admission for architecture in jj school of arts?
2nd May 2012, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can a student join Sir J.J. school of arts after passing 12th from science stream?

I have given the exam of second year A.T.D. in april 2012. i want to take admission directly to second year in painting (G.D. art). what is the requirement, merits for this? If entrance exam will be taken by you then i want to know structure of entrance exam.
6th June 2012, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

How can I join JJ School of art ?
I'm completed 1st foundation in CAVA, Mysore
14th June 2012, 03:43 AM
Unregistered

Can I take arts stream to take admission in J.J.School of arts
17th January 2013, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

i am failed in 12,can i join deploma in photography
19th March 2013, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO BECOME A STUDENT OF THIS COLLEG BUT I HAD GOT C GRADE IN INTERMEDIATE EXAM .IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET ADMISSION IN J.J. ART COLLEGE .
1st July 2013, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

I AM A NIFT Graduate in Accessory design, can I join JJ school of fine arts, MFA in Painting?
28th February 2014, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

I have not done intermediate exam then i will get addmition in jj school of arts archeitecture field
16th March 2014, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

I have appeared this year for HSC exam in mumbai.I am very good in drawing.I got 'A' grade in elementary and intermediate exam.What courses can i pursue futher? I am really worried and confused about my career.please help
20th May 2014, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

sir can you tel me about theory (B.F.A) paper of sir j.j. institute of MU
7th June 2014, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Which way to easy Admition in sir j j school of art for fine art
19th July 2014, 04:54 AM
Unregistered

what is the age limit for a foreign national student for applying to bachelor courses in sir jj school ?
23rd September 2014, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

i am 12 pass student 46% and english sub 38 mark can you apply
sir j j institute of applied art mumbai
10th October 2014, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

i am right now in 12th...and i want to take admission in j.j school of arts. what is the procedure and what are the topics for the entrance exams?
8th January 2015, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

I passed my 12th commerce frm gujarat state board in the year 2000..now living in mumbai n wanna complete my graduation in fine arts..is it possible n if yes how..? Would like to know available options.
29th May 2015, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

How can a student join Sir. J.J. school of arts after passing 12th from commerce strea
27th June 2015, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

I've done my Bachelor's of fine arts from B.H.U., Varanasi. Can I get eligibility certificate?
15th November 2015, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

I m civil engineering student I have completed my 12th in science,diploma in civil engineering n also intermediate drawing exam with A grade so what is my future in drawing n can I aplly any drawing coarse in j.j school of art?
31st January 2016, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

I am studing in 8th standard l have interested in drawing how can I Will get admission in future in your college
16th May 2016, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

CAN I TAKE ADMISSION IN JJ SCHOOL OF ARTS AFTER 12 COMMERCE EXAM
16th May 2016, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I TAKE ADMISSION IN JJ SCHOOL OF ARTS AFTER 12 COMMERCE EXAM
21st June 2016, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

Is there any offline way to do admission in BachelorofFineArts if Yes then please reply bcz this is my second time to give Entrance Exam and I want to take admission in fine arts painting.
12th September 2016, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Can one reappear for intermediate drawing exam twice to get better grade.
19th May 2017, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

How can i join sir jj school of arts i have given 12th science exam this year i have interested in fine arts can you help me what should i do
14th June 2017, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 10th exam. Can I get admission in JJ School of Arts? I have passed Elementary & Intermediate with A grade.Please guide me for the same.
23rd April 2018, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

I want to know that if a student who is average in painting but has creativity ,then should she go for fine arts?
31st May 2018, 03:06 AM
Unregistered

How can a student join sir JJ school of art after 12th science.?he is creative but has not given any drawing exam,has appeared for MH AA CET 2018
2nd June 2018, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

I got 101 marks in entrance for admission in j j college of fine arts now i dont know what to do for admission and is i am in merit list?
8th April 2019, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of chhattisgarh state ..So what are the formalities for admission in JJ school of arts for bfa
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?