19th September 2014, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Military Academy after 12th Arts?

I am a student of 12th standard(ARTS).I have the following subjects GENERAL ENGLISH,ALTERNATIVE ENGLISH,SOCIOLOGY,POLITICAL SCIENCE,ECONOMICS and LOGIC & PHILOSOPHY.My question is "After passing 12 (ARTS) with 70%, am i eligible to join INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY?

20th September 2014, 10:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Military Academy after 12th Arts?

No, you are not eligible to join the Indian Military Academy because you the minimum educational qualification required to join in the Indian Military Academy is completion of the graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university. To join in the Indian Military Academy, you must appear for the Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam. To be eligible to appear for the CDS exam, you must have to satisfy the following eligibility criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification :-
You must have completed the graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

2.Age Limit :-
You must be in between 19-24 years of age to be eligible to appear for the CDS exam.

3.Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

4.Physical Standards :-
You must be physically fit according to the physical requirements mentioned in the notification released by the UPSC for the CDS exam.

-->Selection Procedure :-
The selection procedure of candidates consists of two stages :-
1.Written Test
2.Personal Interview

The candidates who qualify in both the rounds of the CDS exam will be selected into the Indian Military Academy.

So, you need to complete your graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university, to be eligible to appear for the CDS exam, and you must qualify in both the rounds of the CDS exam, then, you can join in the Indian Military Academy.
20th September 2014, 10:44 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of 12th standard(ARTS).I have the following subjects GENERAL ENGLISH,ALTERNATIVE ENGLISH,SOCIOLOGY,POLITICAL SCIENCE,ECONOMICS and LOGIC & PHILOSOPHY.My question is "After passing 12 (ARTS) with 70%, am i eligible to join INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY?

To join in Military after +2,you can apply for the NDA exam which stands for National Defence Academy which is being conducted by UPSC and is held every year as NDA I and NDA II.

The eligibility criteria needed for the exam,is that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India and the age limit needed is 16 1/2-19 years.Martial status needed for the exam is that the candidate should be a Unmarried male candidate.Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education.The candidate need to be Physically fit.

If you satisfy all these criteria for the exam then you can apply for the NDA exam and you can apply for the exam in 2 modes:

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
21st September 2014, 09:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You have completed 12th standard with arts stream so you are eligible for Indian Military Academy through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service Exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Written Examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 mins.

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks
27th August 2020, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of art sir ... N I finished my post bsc so can I apply mns
31st August 2020, 05:36 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Unhappy Re: Am I eligible to join Military Academy after 12th Arts?

Yes, off course why not, you are most welcomed carriers in Indian Army with your arts field, you have to just clear the NDA entrance exam , which appears twice in a year. ... But you will have to pass NDA for that and then clear the SSB interview

After completing 12th standard in Arts you can get into Indian Army wing only through NDA. To join NDA, you need to appear in NDA entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year generally in the month of April/August. To join National Defence Academy your Age should be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years
24th September 2020, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of arts ( history , political science , geography , English and after 12 i m doing gnm so can I apply for mns
27th December 2020, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Can i join military academy after complete my anm..?
27th December 2020, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for military academy after complete my anm course?
30th April 2021, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Military Nursing after passing 12 with Arts???
5th July 2021, 10:11 PM
Singhskomal

Minimum educational requirements is class 10th pass with minimum of 45% marks in aggregate candidates meet educational, physics and medical standards.
NCC A,B,C certificate. In case of NCC certificate holder relevant certificate.
Sports certificate to be produced.
Represent India at international level
National level
State level
District level.
4th December 2021, 10:06 AM
karpagamkarpagam898@gmail

I am 12th complete 2021i want to join nda
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?