12th October 2010, 06:51 PM

How to change my stream after first year of Engineering (B.E.)?

i am a be mech.eng.1st year student. but how can i change to other couse after 1st year.

12th October 2010, 11:06 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to change my stream after first year of Engineering (B.E.)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i am a be mech.eng.1st year student. but how can i change to other couse after 1st year.
to change the stream after first year of btech, internal silding is done in every college. for internal sliding, you will have to score good marks in first year to get good stream. this is because many students apply for that. for getting the dates of this sliding, you must contact your college authorities but mainly it is done in the month of august or september.
12th October 2010, 11:44 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Yes its possible to change your branch after your first year. I am not sure whether all the college in India follow this system but damn sure about the institutes of national level.

There is a rule that in order to change your branch to another in 2nd year you must have a CGPA score of atleast 9 or 10. It means you must be extraordinary only then you will be allowed to change

Some colleges even have a rule that if you top you branch then you can apply for the branch change.

Some even say that if seats are available in the 2nd year then you interested students can apply

So it varies in most of the institutes
12th October 2010, 11:54 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
yes it is possible that yo can change your stream in b.tech 2nd year it quit simple and easy if your in the toppers of your branch.there is one form that will be out by your college with in the campus.in which you have to fill to which stream you want get transfer.if your performance of 1st year is good then definatly you can get your dream branch
all the best
13th October 2010, 12:28 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea it is possible to change your stream after 1st year of engineering. but for this you should have a very good marks in first year. the procedure to change vary from college to college.

but most of the college have this facility. i think you should directly contact with your college authority to know the exact procedure of your institution.

some college allow this facility only seat is available in the 2nd in which stream you want to change.

some college only permit change of stream only who top in the first year.

sometime you should take permission from your university with some one's reference to change your stream after first year.

it totally depends upon your college. so contact with your college.
13th October 2010, 06:59 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Most colleges have conditions before they allow students to change their stream. The first is there should be vacant seats in that department. The second is the students should have good academic record. But it basically depends on the college authorities. You can approach them and request for the same.
13th October 2010, 09:12 AM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to change my stream after first year of Engineering (B.E.)?

dear friend

first of all it is an internal work of the college allowed by university.

there are very few seats and also certain conditions.

you have to score well in the 1st year sem exams.

contact to your principal immediate after the publication of 1st year results.

all the best.
13th October 2010, 12:12 PM
Nucleusdev

If u want to change your stream then you need to geting good marks in first year after that meet your head of department and geting that which stream you want.
13th October 2010, 01:35 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
to change the stream there is a very simple rule. U need to do nothing. All the branches of engineering in there very first year have same subjects. Jst clear ur first year without any backlog, then there is an option for internal sliding, with its help u can change ur branch or even ur college.
Thank u
13th October 2010, 02:21 PM
SANJAY KEWALIYA

Smile Re: How to change my stream after first year of Engineering (B.E.)?

well there are a number of options avail here but AICTE provides the facility to change your stream by scoring good marks in the very first semester....generally in the secound counselling you can avail the facility of stream change but now you have completed your 1st year and now you are thinking to change your stream then you can score a good percentile to change your stream but there is one condition also that if you are intrested in a particular stream but the seat is not vacant there then you can't change it.....
13th October 2010, 05:15 PM
mseetharamster

You should be the topper of your class and then they will give you the chance..........
13th October 2010, 05:34 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definately you can change your stream after first year of Engineering (B.E.).

but to change your stream you have get good marks in 1st year. atlist 90% above marks you have to get.

all the best...
27th October 2010, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

SIR MY NAME IS AKHIL AND IAM FROM HYDERABAD AND AT PRESENTLY IAM DOING MY B.TECH1ST YR UNDER JNTU HYDERABD SO IWANT TO CHANGE MY BRANCH IN 2ND YR TO AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING SO CAN I GET AN OPPUTUNITY TO STUDY MY DREAM SUBJECT
16th November 2010, 12:46 AM
chandana Reddy

hi..
there is an option for internal sliding...you need to get very good marks in the first year...then you can go ask the authorities for the change of branch,..

good luck
4th May 2011, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

canI change my stream from Mechanical to IT?
29th May 2011, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

how to change my stream after first year of Engineering (B.E.) even after there is a backlg
24th June 2011, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

surely you can change
26th August 2011, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

iam kj somaiya etrx fy student how can i change my branch to mechanical ,what are different criteria for it
30th September 2011, 10:53 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Yes its possible to change your branch after your first year. I am not sure whether all the college in India follow this system but damn sure about the institutes of national level.

There is a rule that in order to change your branch to another in 2nd year you must have a CGPA score of atleast 9 or 10. It means you must be extraordinary only then you will be allowed to change

Some colleges even have a rule that if you top you branch then you can apply for the branch change.

Some even say that if seats are available in the 2nd year then you interested students can apply

So it varies in most of the institutes
1st March 2012, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Can i change my branch mech to e&tc even i get 57 perc in fe I am under pune univerrsity college
15th March 2012, 10:18 PM
kaveribiswas

its possible to change your branch after your first year. I am not sure whether all the college in India follow this system but damn sure about the institutes of national level.

Good luck...................
11th July 2012, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

is it possible b.com first year after BA second year in regular college. How? please send information
18th July 2012, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to change branch after 1st year in nit's
25th July 2012, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

If I have 1 back log in the first sem or 2nd sem and if I want to change is there a possibility??
I was given a seat in the quota and was not given the stream what i asked at the time of admission I came to know and also was told that they will change and give me in the 2nd year? I had paid huge money? Is there any possibility??
3rd August 2012, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

I am first year engineering student . I have two sub back so i taken a gap from colg now i want to change my branch. Is poss ?
24th August 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

how to Change the branch in BE of EE to EC??????????What is the procedure?
15th October 2013, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Hi im studing msc biotechnolgy can i change college after completing first semester and go to loyola
15th October 2013, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Hi im studing msc biotechnolgy can i change college after completing first semester and go to loyola
14th November 2017, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have done my 1st year from ECE and i have fill the exam form of 3rd sem of ECE but now i want to change my stream to civil. So what should i do to change my stream??
7th July 2019, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

How can I change chemical group to any group in JNTU after 1st year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?