24th September 2016, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my stream in B.Tech second year?

Sir, I had completed my first year of B.Tech without any backlog and I had taken admission through PM scholarship provided to Jammu and Kashmir students. So, now is it possible that I can change my stream?

24th September 2016, 09:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my stream in B.Tech second year?

No, it is not possible to change stream in B.Tech second year after completion of your first year of B.Tech course. You need to pursue complete four years B.Tech course in the same stream in which you have secured admission. If you are not interested to pursue B.Tech course in the stream which you are studying at present then, you can discontinue from the course and take fresh admission in first year of B.Tech course in the stream which you are interested for pursuing B.Tech course.
25th September 2016, 01:23 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely change your engineering stream after completion of your first year of B.Tech course. This is because the domain teaching starts from second year and by the end of first year, candidates are well aware of the fundamentals of primary branches of engineering. However, certain colleges have set a eligibility criteria to be able to switch engineering branch. Most of the colleges put CGPA as the eligibility bar wherein candidates have a certain CGPA mark can apply for the switch of branch of engineering.
9th November 2017, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am studying first year in mechanical engineering and taken admission according to government seat. Can I change my branch in second year in electronics and communication.
10th November 2017, 10:30 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you can change your stream in 2nd year of b.tech.
You have to fill an application form along with this you need to submit the photocopy of your 1st year result.

You must not have any backlogs and you must have minimum 75% marks in b.tech 1st year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?