19th July 2017, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

How to choose best college for Biotechnology course? Will I have to pass entrance exams for it?

Hello, I have passed 12th with PCB group and planing to study Biotechnology course. Please tell me how to choose best college for it? Will I have to pass entrance exams for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Previous year sample papers of entrance exam for M.Sc Biotechnology course? List of universities to apply for M.Sc Biotechnology?
  2. All available entrance exams for M.Sc. in Biotechnology and how to prepare for those exams?
  3. List of entrance exams available to study M.Sc(Biotechnology) in Bhagwan Mahavir College of Biotechnology?
  4. Which course is best to study after B.Sc Biotechnology? How to study the same?
  5. Eligibility to get admission in Presidency college, Kolkata for Integrated M.Sc(Biotechnology)? In which entrance exam I have to appear? Scope after completing?
  6. List of entrance exams for M.Sc in Biotechnology with scholarship?
  7. Which one to choose between M.Tech Biotechnology and M.Sc Biotechnology? What is the difference between two in terms of course contents? -- [New]
  8. Which Entrance Exams I have to appear for to make entry into Research side being a candidate of doing M.Sc Integrated Biotechnology? Information regarding NET Exam? Syllabus for NET Exam?
  9. Requirements to become an Astronaut after class 10th?
  10. Which are the entrance exams after BSc Biotechnology for MSc Biotechnology? When are they conducted
  11. Which has more salary in India between BSc Biotech and B.Tech Biotech
  12. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for M.Sc Biotechnology?
  13. PhD in Biotechnology Entrance Exams in India and Abroad after M.Sc. in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. List of entrance exams available to study MS(Biotechnology) in China
  15. Entrance exams to study Higher Studies for B.Tech(Biotechnology) student in UK? How to prepare for Quantitative and Mathematics sections?
  16. What is the best college in Bangalore for biotechnology?
  17. How can I apply for Genetic Engineering after completing class 12th?
  18. List of Ph.D entrance exams for M.Sc in Plant biotechnology holder?
14th July 2018, 09:15 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to choose best college for Biotechnology course? Will I have to pass entrance exams for it?

IITs are among the top colleges for pursuing any course. I had listed some of the best colleges for pursuing Biotechnology course.
  • IIT Delhi
  • IIT Kharagpur
  • IIT Roorkee
  • IIT Guwahati
  • Delhi Technological University
  • Anna University, Chennai
  • National Institute of Technology, Warangal
  • Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi
  • Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
  • Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
  • National Institute of Technology, Calicut
  • Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
  • National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
  • NIT, Durgapur
  • PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
  • Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal

For getting admission into IITs, you will have to crack JEE Main exam first and then JEE Advanced Exam to get admission.

While for NITs, you just have to crack JEE Main exam only.

While other institutes like Thapar Institute, Birla Institute, they conduct their own private entrance exam for admissions.

Other institutes admit candidates on the basis of state entrance exams.
17th July 2018, 02:53 PM
Narendra2121

Default Re: How to choose best college for Biotechnology course? Will I have to pass entrance exams for it?

AIBTCET is national level entrance exam for biotechnology and you can join in regional colleges also by appearing to the respective exams conducted by those colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?