8th February 2018, 01:01 PM
Rais Malik

Which one to choose between M.Tech Biotechnology and M.Sc Biotechnology? What is the difference between two in terms of course contents?

I have completed my B.Sc Biotechnology with CBZ this year. I wanted to ask now about further studies. I have two option either to choose M.Tech in Biotechnology or M.Sc in Biotechnology. So, first tell the difference between two and let me know which should I choose for broader aspects.

Related Questions:
  1. Duration of M.Tech Biotechnology course after M.Sc. Biotechnology?
  2. What is the difference between MSc Biotechnology and MSc Integrated Biotechnology?
  3. Difference between M.Sc(Biotechnology) and M.Sc(Clinical research)?
  4. What are the opportunities in M.Tech Biotechnology? I have completed my MSc Biotechnology
  5. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the difference between MSc Chemistry and MSc Biotechnology?
  7. What jobs I can get after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? Which is a good choice to earn more money between M.Tech in Biotechnology and MBA in Biotechnology?
  8. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?
  9. MSc in biotechnology or MBA in biotechnology, what's better for career?
  10. Ph.D from any university after post graduation in M.Sc biotechnology? What subject should be best in Ph.D after M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  11. Can MSc Biochemistry student apply for M.Tech Biotechnology?
  12. Information about MSc Biotechnology? I have completed BSc Biotechnology
  13. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  14. What is the best biotechnology course?
  15. Which field is better Biotechnology and Business mangement or bioinformatics?
  16. Which is one is better to take between B.Tech Biotechnology and B.Sc Biotechnology?
  17. Which post graduation course should we prefer after B.Sc Biotechnology?
  18. Mtech in Genetic engineering after Btech in biotechnology engineering?
6th April 2018, 06:07 PM
sha2nk90

Default Re: Which one to choose between M.Tech Biotechnology and M.Sc Biotechnology? What is the difference between two in terms of course contents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais Malik View Post
I have completed my B.Sc Biotechnology with CBZ this year. I wanted to ask now about further studies. I have two option either to choose M.Tech in Biotechnology or M.Sc in Biotechnology. So, first tell the difference between two and let me know which should I choose for broader aspects.
There is no difference when we talk about the degree that one will get after completing any of the above mentoned courses.you will be eligible for GATE,NET or PHD program by any of these thwo degree.
Lets discuss these two courses one by one.

1.M.sc Biotechnology is basically for science students who are more oriented with practicals and knowledge rather than the new technologies.The pattern of teaching in this course is different from the M.tech Biotechnology But the subjects will be same.The fee for this course is lesser when compared to M.tech.

2.M.tech Biotechnology will be a 4 semester course in which last semester is for project work.In this course you will be introduced with the various technologies that are being used in biotechnology and how can you further add value to the same.This course is for students who are willing to do jobs after the course.As it is a commercial course so the fee for this course is higher than that of M.Sc Biotehcnology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?