15th January 2011, 04:34 PM
saransivan

How to clear the subjects of Thermal Science and Engineering, Mechanics of Solids, Fluid Mechanics, Design of Machine Elements?

Hi,

I am pursuing AMIE SEC B(MECH) branch. I am facing very much struggle to pass the following subjects
1.Thermal science and engineering
2.Mechanics of solids
3.fluid mechanics
4.Design of machine elements
can any one suggest how to clear the above said subjects.
with regards,
S.Saravanan

10th May 2011, 10:09 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to clear the subjects of Thermal Science and Engineering, Mechanics of Solids, Fluid Mechanics, Design of Machine Elements?

You find it tough because your not interested to learn these subjects.I hope your just trying to pass the subjects and keep it aside.For me all these Mechanical subjects are quite interesting to learn.You need not go behind the pass marks just try to learn the subject and am sure you will definitely clear these subjects in the next attempt itself.

Please don't take it these subjects as a burden.I know how it feels when your in the 3rd year or 4th year but still having a lot of backlogs.Fluid Mechanics is the easiest subject according to me and its easy to score since it deals mostly about fundamentals like properties of Fluids,Pressure,Hydrostatic forces,Buoyancy and Floatation,flow through pipes,impact of jets..etc.The reason is simple i feel it easy because its quite interesting to me.

Follow through standard books like R.K Bansal,R K Rajput,Khurmi.These books are for the learning part if you want to grasp in some subject then they will be very useful.For scoring marks you can go through previous year question papers along with supplementary question papers.

Now its up to you choose whether you have to learn the subject or will you find it easy with the pass marks.You may find it annoying but if you try to learn the subject instead of by-hearting then you will definitely score well in the examination and the most important thing please avoid reading at the last minute and even avoid night outs just before the day of examination.Try to prepare your self in a planned manner so that you score well in the examination.
11th May 2011, 12:02 AM
venkatgct

Smile Re: How to clear the subjects of Thermal Science and Engineering, Mechanics of Solids, Fluid Mechanics, Design of Machine Elements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saransivan View Post
Hi,

I am pursuing AMIE SEC B(MECH) branch. I am facing very much struggle to pass the following subjects
1.Thermal science and engineering
2.Mechanics of solids
3.fluid mechanics
4.Design of machine elements
can any one suggest how to clear the above said subjects.
with regards,
S.Saravanan
dear friend,

As i hav passed the above mentioned subjects, the following tips might be sueful for u too!

1.IN thermal, understand all the derivations completely and work out all the standard problems clearly with no hint of doubt!! self evaluation of urself wil help u very much!

2.Mechanics is relatively a easy subject, which contains the basics form ur engg mechanics and higher secondary stuff, revising those wil help u.

3. the key to fluid mechanics is to know all the formulae and also how they came into that derivation. the knowledge of the concept from scratch is essential.

4. design of machine elements is lengthy and tedious. the repeated application oriented learning behaviour will help u analyse better!

regards....
4th August 2011, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to clear the subjects of Thermal Science and Engineering, Mechanics of Solids, Fluid Mechanics, Design of Machine Elements?

I HAVE FIFTH SEMESTER ALL SUBJECTS LAST TEN YEAR QUESTION PAPERS IN MECHANICA
4th August 2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Dear friends,
I have completed all the subjects including lab/project except thermal in section B, however hard i try i am finding it difficult to pass thermal.
i wrote this for 5 times :-( and i have to score min 50 marks to pass this.
now i am left with only 1 chance to write exam.
any one of you please help me if i miss this chance the whole efforts i have put all these years will go in vain

please help me. send some inputs
my mail id: [email protected]
9th August 2011, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

ppl can i hav a standard website for getting the previous yr question papers and handouts of MECHANICAL GATE SYLABUS???
pls do help me imm anm emerging aspirant i want to propel my preparation frm this 2nd yr itself!!!

M.shivakumar
([email protected])
12th September 2011, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

plz i want solid mechanics model papers
1st October 2011, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Im suffer to pass engineering mechanics can you say some tips to gain good marks
27th October 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

i need author for thermal science and engg.
5th January 2012, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

is any clear sec b in the first attempt.i am a average student,by how minimum i can clear my sec b.?????????Kindly reply
20th August 2013, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

how to pass in diploma in mechanical engineering?
20th September 2014, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

I AM UNABLE TO CLEAR MANUFACTURING SCIENCE PAPER, EVEN I DID BETTER IN ALL EXAMS.
14th May 2015, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

To pass in thermal subject.
1.study the formulas well .
2.draw the diagrams neatly
3.study the imp questions that are repeated mostly in previous year question paper
4.Attend all the questions dont leave any single question
5.present neatly and try to fill the pages.
If you try above step you will definitely get good marks
14th May 2015, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

To pass in thermal subject.
1.study the formulas well .
2.draw the diagrams neatly
3.study the imp questions that are repeated mostly in previous year question paper
4.Attend all the questions dont leave any single question
5.present neatly and try to fill the pages.
If you try above step you will definitely get good marks
23rd March 2016, 03:21 AM
Unregistered

Why many time not clear of subject mechanics of solid, fluid, thermal since, manufacturing technology in Amie exam
1st June 2017, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Need to spend every day at least an 30 minutes for studies. Every weekend revision must & workout the question paper also
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?