25th July 2012, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

How to complete doctorate degree in condensed matter physics? I have completed MSc in Physics from IIT Bombay

I just completed my MSc. in physics from IIT Bombay. Now I want to complete the doctorate degree in condensed matter physics, where I can get a chance and how to appear for it, please advise me.

4th July 2014, 04:45 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to complete doctorate degree in condensed matter physics? I have completed MSc in Physics from IIT Bombay

In the IITs, Ph. D. program was started in 1996. Researchers make a beeline to the department are Condensed Matter Physics (Theory and Experiment) for research areas. The advertisement about teh admission comes in April/May and September/October every year. The selection test will be conducted in July/December. For the Ph.D. interview, travel allowance for sleeper class railway journey is provided. For the eligibility part, B.Tech degree holder from IITs with minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale and valid GATE Score is important. M.Sc. / M. Tech with 60 per cent marks and valid GATE/NET CSIR/UGC score in the relevant field is also important.
For SC/ST, minimum 55 per cent marks is mandatory. M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent degree with minimum 60 per cent marks is a must.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?