27th December 2013, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.sc in Physics after MBBS or MD without Maths in +2?

I Have taken PCB in 12th and will be doing MBBS and will later think about MD but I also love physics and will definitely want to get a degree in physics possibly an MSc in physics in later life after completing my medical degree.So please help me, can I later get a degree in physics or I will be rejected because of lack of maths in 11th or 12th?

4th January 2014, 12:47 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.sc in Physics after MBBS or MD without Maths in +2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I Have taken PCB in 12th and will be doing MBBS and will later think about MD but I also love physics and will definitely want to get a degree in physics possibly an MSc in physics in later life after completing my medical degree.So please help me, can I later get a degree in physics or I will be rejected because of lack of maths in 11th or 12th?
Hey friend,

No,you cannot do B.sc Physics after your MBBS or MD.

The B.sc Physics is a UG course and this course is of 3 year duration and you will have 6 semesters in it.

To do this course the candidate need to have satisfied the Education qualification of completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with a fair percentage with Physics as subject.

The other thing to be aware of is the age limit and it is that you need to have 17 years of age to be eligible.

As you are applying for this course now,you would have crossed the age limit needed for the course to be applied.The candidate should satisfy the age limit and the education qualification to be eligible.

Only for the Post Graduate courses there is no age limit which is needed to be satisfied to join in any course.but as you are asking for a UG course you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria's and you are not satisfying them,which makes you ineligible for joining in B.sc Physics course.
5th January 2014, 02:10 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Yes you can go for the B.Sc course after completing the MBBS.
But i was not able to understand why you are going with the bsc course as you have already done MBBS after the 10th class.

The minimum eligibility criteria for the B.Sc course is 12 class as you are saying that you want to do B.Sc in physics so you need to have minimum qualification of 12th class with at least 1 subject of physics as you already tell that you don't have the maps in 12th class but i was thinking that you have studied physics and chemistry and biology subject in 12th class.

As you have done MBBS after the 12th so you are from the medical background and all medical diagrams students can go for the B.Sc course and if you want to take admission in B.Sc in physics then show early you can go with the B.Sc in physics as you are from the medical background.

I hope so this information will help you to decide to go with the B.Sc course.

But still i am not able to understand why you are going with the B.Sc course when you have already your MBBS degree.

You can go for the any master degree course like MD after completing the MBBS degree.
You can not get any benefit from the B.Sc course after doing MBBS.
So we will see comment to you to go with the any master degree course after completing the MBBS course.

Many of colleges demands for Maths subject but there are some where you can take admission on the basis of Physics subject in 12th class.
29th June 2014, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do B.sc in Physics after MBBS or MD without Maths in 2?

can i do bsc physics after my mbbs? i love physics and i find it very hard to be in a medical college.i hated biology in 12th but for some reasons i had to take mbbs. but my dream is to do research in physics. will my age be a problem for doing bsc? is there any way to do bsc physics when i am working as a doctor? since i am not from a wealthy family i can not afford to study my whole life without earnings..
22nd November 2015, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir and madam it's possible to apply for MBBS from physics chemistry mathematics in 12th class I scored 76 percentage
22nd November 2015, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir and madam it's possible to apply by physics chemistry mathematics in 12th class I scored 76 percentage
2nd April 2016, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

I am student of PCB and I complete my bsc with physics without mathematics but I am interested in both subject mathematics and physics so can I take admission in MSC for nuclear physics
27th June 2019, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

My subjects are physics, chemistry & biology. Can I get admission in bsc physics??
I wanna do PhD in physics
28th June 2019, 03:28 PM
Himaniii
Senior Member+

Yes.

Eligibility for an MBBS course is based on minimum age i.e. the candidate should turn 18 years before the year of joining the college ends ( this may vary with different entrance exams ) and should have cleared 12th Standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

There is no upper limit of age neither for educational qualification.

In my college ( JIPMER, Puducherry), there is a guy in one of the junior batch who was principal of a school.

Some of my batchmates cracked the entrance exam when they were in BSc. Nursing, BDS, B. Pharma and then joined here.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?