19th April 2011, 03:25 PM
t_tarunkumar

How could I do Law through correspondence while working as a Legal and Admin Manager?

i am post graduate in Computers, done my executive mba in HR. currently working as Legal & Admin Mgr. - wish to do LAW, but by correspondence. could somebody help me with those univertiies / colleges.

Related Questions:
  1. Can i do Law course through correspondence being a Hoursewife? -- [New]
  2. Suggestions to pursue Part time course being a candidate having completed MBA and Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Law & Admin Law with 3 years of work experience? From which Institutes I can pursue these courses?
  3. List of universities providing correspondence course in law after passing 2nd year? Will I be eligible for legal career as in defence or in civil? I'm a student of NDA(Khadagwasla)
  4. What are the subjects offered in LLB after 12th standard?
  5. Colleges offering B.Tech(mining) through correspondence? I have completed my D.Min.E and have passed 1st class mine manager competency certificate and working as manager in SCCL
  6. How a Law Student can do Legal Research?
  7. Can I join correspondence course in law after passing two years of graduation? Will it be useful for finding jobs in civil or defense?
  8. How may I take admission in 3 years law degree through correspondence? What's the eligibility criteria? I'm a student of National defence academy(Khadagwasla)
  9. How much salary can I expect after completion of BBA LLB
  10. Universities in India providing LLM through correspondence? Is NALSAR university providing correspondence course for LLM?Is there any university providing LLM with MBA with specialization in Law, HR through Correspondence? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which college would be good for studying law through correspondence?
  12. Which are the best type of LLB courses?
  13. What all BCI recognized correspondence Law courses are there?
  14. Minimum age limit for doing 3 years LLB course?
  15. What are the career options available in India after completing B.A BL?
  16. Benefits of doing BBA and best Universities for the same?
  17. Which are the optional subjects for LLM?
  18. What are the subjects of LLB in Pakistan?
11th August 2011, 06:47 PM
excuse me

Default Re: How could I do Law through correspondence while working as a Legal and Admin Manager?

In most Universities, the Centre for Open Education provides for lifelong, flexible and accessible learning of various subjects including Law. For several working professionals who would like to enhance their career prospects, a distance education in Law is an excellent prospect. Armed with a degree in Law, the person is well equipped with concrete skills to run a business or fight crime or work for the welfare of society, depending upon his area of interest.

A Degree in Law in available in several domains such as:
Civic Law
Criminal Law
Administration
Cyber Laws and Intellectual Property Rights
Trade Law
Business Law
Medical law and Ethics
Human Rights Law
Environmental Law etc.
Women and Law
Consumer Protection Law
Local Self-Government Law
Labour Law etc.

Distance Learning Law Schools – an overview

The onset of rapid economic development and fast paced growth has induced the need of higher Education so much that today a qualification even through Distance Education is recognized worldwide, provided the student selects the correct University. How does one go about selecting the correct University? For starters, the University should be recognized by a credible Institution such as UGC (University Grants’ Commission) or the AICTE. A student must, in fact, ensure that the University that he / she aim to apply in is accredited.

Some of the best Centers for Distance Education in Law are as follows:

Indira Gandhi National Open University (Delih),
Annamalai University (Tamil Nadu),
National Law School of India University (Bangalore),
The Dr. Ambedkar Law University (TN),
Kakatiya University (Warangal),
Kurukshetra University (Haryana),
Madurai Kamraj University (Madurai),
Mahatma Gandhi University (Kottayam),
SNDT Women’s University (Mumbai) etc
offer different types of courses in Law through Distance Education.

Role of the Distance Education Center

The Education Centre of Distance Learning Law Schools is responsible for dissemination of the entire course material including audio tapes, notes via e-mail, lecture (if any) schedules, assignments etc. Some Universities distribute a Handbook especially to external students. Some Universities have a flexible attendance pattern so as not to inundate participants with extra load.

Career prospects

An extra qualification in Law is always a huge asset for career growth. E.g. a professional having a P.G. degree in Human Rights plus a Degree in Human Rights Law has immense scope in Many international organisations(UNESCO, UNIFEM, UNESCO etc) or NGOs ( YMCA, CRY, Red Cross etc) more than welcome a candidate like this. One can also volunteer and work in labour courts and counsel the Government on Legislative matters and issues for Women Rights, Youth issue, Street children and so on.

Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?