19th July 2012, 12:07 AM
hari.pfa

How to do Archaeology after completing Civil engineering

I AM COMPLETED MY CIVIL ENGINERING , MY DREAM IS TO DO ARCHAELOGY IS IT POSSIBLE PLEASE HELP ME
WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA ?
WHERE TO CONTACT ?
HOW MUCH YEAR COURSE?
PLEASE HELP ME

Regards,
HARIHARAN.K.K
+919884075733

19th July 2012, 09:35 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do Archaeology after completing Civil engineering

Archaeology is one of the most challenging carrer option in the world. Those who are interested in finding out more about the heritage and culture of India should opt for one of the courses in Archaeology.

Archaeologists have to be patient as they may require to work for months or in some cases years at the exacavation sites. Projects undertaken by the Archaeologists are very time consuming and easy take years to complete.

Archaeologists contributes in the field of study, conservation and protections of old monuments, artifacts and inscriptions. In a large country like India with rich past and culture, there are several interesting projects for the Archaeologists. After completing any of the course in Archaeology you can work in conservation of monuments like Khajuraho temples, Hampi, Konark Sun Temple and many other exacavation sites belonging to several ancient civilization.

Courses in Archaeology

Diploma Courses in Archaeology

M.A. (Archaeology)

M.A. (Ancient Indian History and Archaeology)

Post-Graduate Diploma in Archaeology

ELIGIBILITY

If you want to pursue Bachelor's degree in Archaeology then you must pass 10+2 with history as one of the subjects.

For post graduate diploma course, candidate requires to complete Bachelors' course in any discipline. However candidates with bachelor's degree in sociology, history, anthropology are given preference.

JOBS

Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) is the best option for the archaeologists in India. ASI recruit more archaeologists then any other organization in India. To get a job in ASI you must appear in the examination conducted by either Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) or State Public Service Commission’s (SPSC). The pay starts from Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000 and goes up to Rs, 30,000.

You also have the option to appear in the NET exam for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF). Alternatively you can also apply for lecturer job by appearing in the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) which is separate for each state.
20th April 2014, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Hi i had completed my BTech Mechanical and MA history with specialization in archaeology and i want to give my ugc net exam on Archaeology as i am interested in Archaeology so whether i am eligible to take the exam in Archaeology rather than History.

Regards
Sai
11th August 2014, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

iam btech Civil Engineering. Iam interested in archeology. What should do for taking a degree? Can i take distant study as Iam not staying in India?
27th June 2016, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

I had completed my diploma in civil engineering, can I take admission to department of archaeology without (10 2) criteria?
27th November 2019, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Final yr civil engineering student is there any pg courses in archaeological survey. Couses which require both civil engineering and archaeological skills
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?