31st May 2017, 02:40 PM
Amber Fatema Khan

Admission in BHMS or BUMS is possible after 12th science? Other good fields in medical line?

I got 67% in 12th with science stream. I want to get admission in medical field. Can I get admission in BHMS or BUMS. Also tell me the another good fields after 12th in medical. Please, help me. I am do confused.

31st May 2017, 07:11 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in BHMS or BUMS is possible after 12th science? Other good fields in medical line?

Apart from BHMS and BUMS, you can apply for BDS and MBBS courses.

You can pursue these courses after 12th PCB stream.

For getting admission into reputed institutes of BDS and MBBS, you will have to qualify medical entrance exams.

Some of the popular medical entrance exams include:
  • AIIMS
  • COMEDK UGET
  • Karnataka CET
  • KEAM
  • AIPMT
  • JIPMER
  • MU OET
  • CMC Vellore
31st May 2017, 10:39 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in BHMS or BUMS is possible after 12th science? Other good fields in medical line?

Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery is an undergraduate Homoeopathic Medical course. BUMS stands for Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery.

ELIGIBILITY:

** Applicants must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.

** The minimum age of applicants should be 17 years.

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in BHMS or BUMS after 12th science.

OTHER BEST COURSES

** MBBS.

** BAMS (Ayurvedic)

** BDS.

** Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry

** Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science

** Bachelor of Physiotherapy.
31st May 2017, 11:02 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes , a person can pursue BHMS or B.U.MS if he or she has passed 10th standard from a recognised board with medical stream with minimum 50% marks. You have to qualify the entrance exam conducted by particular University where you want to seek admission.

Other medical courses which you can pursue:

MBBS

BDS

BAMS

Bsc Agriculture

BSc Horticulture

Bachelor of Science
31st May 2017, 11:11 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely a candidate who has passed 12th standard with physics, chemistry and Biology with minimum 55% marks from a recognised board is eligible to pursue any medical course such as BHMS or BUMS.
A candidate who has passed 10 + 2 with medical stream can also pursue one of the given below courses:

- MBBS

- Bachelor of Dental Surgery

-BAMS

- Bachelor of Nursing

- Bachelor of Science

- Bachelor of Agriculture

- Bachelor in fisheries
31st May 2017, 11:14 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you may get admission in both BHMS as well as in BUMS courses with 67% marks in 12th Class. In general, the minimum percentage required in 12th Class in order to pursue above said courses is just 60% marks. As you have secured more than 60% marks, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to get admission in any of the above mentioned courses.

Besides meeting this percentage criteria, you are required to get good score in Medical Entrance Examination in order to be eligible for getting admission in top medical colleges.

Some of the other best and top courses available for you are,

>> B.Pharma (Bachelor of Pharmacy)

>> B.D.S (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)

>> MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine or Bachelor of Surgery)
31st May 2017, 11:57 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Some of the other sectors in medical line are as under:-

MBBS- duration 5.5 years

BDS- duration 4 years

BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery)- duration 5.5 years

MD- duration 3 years

MS- duration 3 years

BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)- duration 5.5 years
1st June 2017, 12:20 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Students who have done 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for following medical courses:

BHMS.

BUMS.

MBBS.

BDS.

Bachelor of Science in Zoology, Botany etc.
4th October 2017, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

I completed b.pharma in 2016, can I get admission in bhms and can I start from second or third year or I must attend 5.5 year course I passed with distinction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?