22nd August 2012, 05:03 PM
Ramya sudha

How to do Ph.D in Mathematics? Is there any latest Ph.D notification in various universities?

I want to do Ph.D in Mathematics. Is ther any latest Ph.D notifications in various universities? please send me clear information

Related Questions:
  1. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  2. When will the notification be released by JNTU for Ph.D course? What syllabus should I prepare for the Entrance Exam? List of top Universities to join Ph.D course?
  3. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  4. Details of M.Phil/Ph.D in mathematics in AP universities? Any universities in AP where I can get without answering any entrance test?
  5. Integrated PhD has more value than PhD done after M.Sc? Duration of course and good universities for it?
  6. Is M.Phil mandatory before PhD?
  7. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  8. How may I do Ph.D course in Mathematics? I'm studing in 12th standard
  9. How to do Ph.D in Mathematics?
  10. Universities that offer PhD without entrance test?
  11. Procedure of PhD programs Abroad? Universities and countries offering PhD by research?
  12. Possibility to do PhD in Children Psychology for MCA and B.Ed Degree holder? List of universities which offer PhD in Children Psychology? -- [New]
  13. Good Universities to do PhD in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Any provision for Physiotherapist to undergo UGC NET exam?
  15. How can I study Ph.D in Mathematics directly being a M.Sc post graduate?
  16. Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?
  17. PhD notification regarding PhD in Biotechnology?
  18. How may I do Ph.D from top universities? How may I get details for the same?
8th May 2013, 08:46 AM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to do Ph.D in Mathematics? Is there any latest Ph.D notification in various universities?

Ph.d. in Mathematics :-

The two options through which you can do Ph.D. in Mathematics :-

1] Mathematics

2] Mathematics with an emphasis in statistics

Eligibility criteria of Ph.D. :-

1] The candidate must be completed his/ her Master's degree in Mathematics from any recognized university.

2] The candidate must be completed atleast 90 hours in Master's degree of Mathematics.

3] The candidate must be maintained atleast 3.6 grade point average in Preliminary and qualifying examination..

The UCSD Mathematics Department provides Ph.D. programs :-

1] Ph.D. in Mathematics Pure or Applied Mathematics

2] Ph.D. in Mathematics with a Specialization in Computational Science

3] Ph.D. in Mathematics with a Specialization in Statistics

I hope this information will help you a lot.

All the best..........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?