15th April 2010, 03:49 PM
gaaya3

How to enter in indian air force in technical side? what exams we need to prepare for?

Hi respected sir/mam,
I am doing by third year BE in electrical and electronics engineering and i am intrested to join in indian air force in the technical side. how to enter and what are the exams i need to prepare for that.

16th April 2010, 11:03 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to enter in indian air force in technical side? what exams we need to prepare for?

There are various modes of entries into IAF as an engineer.

You can enter there through following schemes:-

CDS: combined defence service examination,is conducted by UPSC (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice in a year.Notification for which has been scheduled to released in employment news dated (17.04.10).

Eligibility criteria:Only Male candidates who have passed there bachelor degree with at least 60% aggregate,candidates who are in there final year can also apply for it.

UES
:University entry scheme,is ment for both male & female does who have acquire there first university degree (bachelor).Notification for it has been released in employment news as and when required.

SSC: short service commission,specially for engineers for the service of 10 years which is extendable upto 14 years and later on permanent commission if required.Notification for it has been released in employment news as and when required.

Fast Track Entry Scheme: is meant only for engineers,IAF conducts Campusing in different selected Engineering Institutes of India.

Besides these there are also various other entry shemes for engineers for technical and warfare branches.keep reading employment news and visiting IAF website-http://careerairforce.nic.in

Best of Luck
20th April 2010, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to enter in indian air force in technical side? what exams we need to prepare for?

my d.o.b is :18-12-1986 & doing b.tech & in 3rd years(6-semester).Can i apply for iaf technical entry email:[email protected]
21st April 2010, 01:22 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
my d.o.b is :18-12-1986 & doing b.tech & in 3rd years(6-semester).Can i apply for iaf technical entry email:[email protected]
You can join IAF in there Technical branch,through following Entry Schemes:-

Direct Entry Scheme.

University Entry Scheme.

Permanent/Short Service Commission.

For all mentioned above Schemes for getting into Technical Branch,the Maximum age requirement is 25 years.The candidate must not have crossed the age limit of 25 years at the time of Commensement of Training.

Therefore,since your present age is about 23+ years you are eligible to join it after completeing your B.tech.

But you have'nt mentioned from which branch you are persuing your B.tech.

Only The candidates with following engineering degree are eligible for it:-

BE / B.Tech in Electronics / Telecommunication / Electrical / Communication / Electronics & Communication / Instrumentation / Information Technology /Computer Science & Engineering

Regards
~Faiyaz~
30th May 2010, 06:56 AM
drdo99
Banned

Hi,
Indian air force is wonderful job. The job to defines your potential in protecting the country.
The various ways by which you can join force as as a field worker or a technician supporter.
You can also join as draft man ,layman or become a officer.
The exams are taken after 10th, 12th,in graduation level. The advertisement comes in daily papers.
Best of luck.
11th July 2010, 03:52 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to enter in indian air force in technical side? what exams we need to prepare for?

Hi,
You are eligible for the branch on the technical side after completion of the Course.
You need to fill the IAF application form for technical entry fully furnished and send it to the below mentioned address.

Command Education Officer,
HQ Western Air Command IAF,
Subrato Park,
New Delhi - 10

For more information visit http://careerairforce.nic.in. Once done, You will be communicated with processes to the entry.

All the best.
11th July 2010, 03:58 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to enter in indian air force in technical side? what exams we need to prepare for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

Yes. you are eligible for the technical entry into Indian air force. the current 2010 technical entry required candidates falling inbetween 2 January 1983 and 1 January 1993 of age for technical entry. So it shows you are eligible for the neext entry.

All the Best.
13th July 2010, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

i am b.e student,can i join for indian air force?
13th July 2010, 12:24 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaaya3 View Post
Hi respected sir/mam,
I am doing by third year BE in electrical and electronics engineering and i am intrested to join in indian air force in the technical side. how to enter and what are the exams i need to prepare for that.
Dear friend there are three processes to get into Air Force.

First is NDA exam which is written exam and you have to clear the exam first for getting call for SSb.
Second is CDS it is also written exam but easy as compare to NDA and it also has same process as NDA.

Third is the form which come for graduates or for degree holders fill that form and then you will get call for GD and PI.

best of luck!!!!
15th July 2010, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

i completed b.e e.c.e on 2010.. am a schedule caste candidate..what are the jobs available for me to apply..?
29th August 2010, 04:03 AM
Unregistered

hello respected sir/madam,
i am currently in the first year, doing b.tech in mechanical and automation engg. and i am intrested in joining in the technical side of the Indian Air Force... I wanted help in knowing about what all exams do i have to give and what are its eligibility criterions..??
30th August 2010, 12:31 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hello respected sir/madam,
i am currently in the first year, doing b.tech in mechanical and automation engg. and i am intrested in joining in the technical side of the Indian Air Force... I wanted help in knowing about what all exams do i have to give and what are its eligibility criterions..??

Well, for Engineers Our Defence Service have following Entry Schemes.

UES (it has both permanent & SSC scheme): university entry scheme,is meant for all male and female candidates those who have attend there first university degree,that is (Bachelor degree). Notification for it are released In Employment news. Both Short service and permanent service is offered through this scheme.

SSC: short service commission,is ment for all candidates those who have B.sc/M.sc (Physics,radio,electronics,) or B.tech/M.tech (civil,mechanical,electronics,electronics & talecommunication,Aeronautical etc.) with atlest 60% aggregate including all semester.Notification for it are released In Employment news.
Age Limit: 25 years for Bachelor Holders, 27 years for Master holders

CDS: Combined Defence Service Examination (CDSE) is conducted by upsc (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year for entry into all three defence services.
Eligibility criteria is different for all three. For ARMY- graduation in any background,with at least 60% aggregate Age Limit- 25 years.For Navy: B.sc(with Physics and Mathematics) or B.tech/B.E Age Limit- 22 years.For Airforce- B.E./B.Tech,graduate in any decipline with Physics or Mathematics at class 12 Age Limit- 23 years.

You can also enter in there logistic cadre ,the minimum qualification for logistic cadre is B.sc(pcm),BCA,LLB,etc.You have to crack an entrance for it conducted by army,navy and airforce it self.Notifications are released in employment news keep it reading.

For NCC Certificate holder:
All the criteria is same, in an addition canidate must have senior grade NCC "B" grade "C" certificate in ARMY wings.

Fast Track Entry Scheme: are meant for recruiting Engineers through campusing.Like wise MNC's This time IAF has also introduced this scheme for recruiting young Engineers in IAF in technical branches.This scheme held across the selected Engineering Institutes of India.

This scheme also takes place in Various "Career/Educational fares" or by Organising Rally etc.

But Generally Airforce Admit Aeronautical Engineering students through this scheme.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
30th August 2010, 12:47 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

after the graduation there is the different examination is conducted by the upsc as well as

the defence servise board, through which you can go.

you can go through the

CDS

UES

SSC
30th August 2010, 08:40 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
since you are in b.tech third year you can join Indian Air Force through the following rntry schemes.
1.you can give CDS exam conducted by upsc twice in a year and if you clear the exam you will be called for the SSB.
2.U.E.S. university entry scheme.based on this scheme you will be directly called for SSB after a small interview.for this they come to different universities and conduct a small interview.and if you get selected you will be called for SSB
3.SSC short service commission specially for engineers,you can join for a period of 10 years which is extendable upto 14 years.
All the best!!!
30th August 2010, 09:03 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

to enter technical side of IAF you can appear for the following exams

1.EKT(engineering knowledge test)

2.UES (university entry scheme)

3.CDS

4.OTA

All the best.
30th August 2010, 04:10 PM
KHAN20

dear friend
obviously u can enter in indian air force in technical side.air force exam conducted for various technical stream such as
1.electrial
2.mechanical
3.civil
4.ece
5cse
etc.it may be diploma or graduate.degree.u just follow newspaper from where u get total information.the exam for airforce r
1.CDS
2.EKT
3.UES
4.PSC
5.SSC
etc
good luck.
30th August 2010, 04:52 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

To enter any field of Air force candidates have to pass NDA exam after plus two or CDS exam after graduation. You should score at least 60% in plus two/graduation. The age of the candidate should not be more than 20 years. You have to pass the physical test after the entrance exam.
30th August 2010, 05:03 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

if you have done your graduation, then you can appear in CDS,UES exam to join IAF..

the age criteria is your age must be less than 23 years.

but only after competing your graduation you can appear in these type of exams..

all the best..
30th August 2010, 08:58 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

to join Indian air force there are many exams that you can apply for

1.engineering knowledge test

2.CDS

3.OTA

4.UNIVERSITY ENTRY SCHEME

all the best.
31st August 2010, 12:01 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaaya3 View Post
Hi respected sir/mam,
you can go through the

CDS

UES

SSC
best of luck dear
it is best
31st August 2010, 10:57 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Quote:
i completed b.e e.c.e on 2010.. am a schedule caste candidate..what are the jobs available for me to apply..?
dear friend,
As you have completed your B.Tech in ECE in 2010, then there is a great chance for you to enter in Air Force as a post of Aeronautical engineer.
Recently a form is issued by Air force for aeronautical engineering post.
& you are eligible for it.
The last date of submission of this form is 7th of september & exam of EKT(engineering knowledge test) will be organized on 24th of october.

kindly fill up the form, after qualifying this exam you will be called for SSB.
Then after qualify in SSB you will be selected for job ib Air force.

For more detail about this form you can see the website:
www.careerairforce.nic.in

good luck.
7th September 2010, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

sir iam from background of ece . i want to know how get entry in to IAF , what exams i should attenend
8th September 2010, 12:39 AM
chaitu667

Hai bro!

Its a great thing to have intrest in Indian Air Force(IAF). There are few posts that are waiting for B.E graduates. Since you haven't completed third year you have to write the IAF exam in next year. IAF will conduct exam two times a year that is in Feb and Sep.

Since you are trying for technical side, there will be written test which you have to qualify and there after you need to attend some tests including athletics, medical, etc. After that you have to attend interview. First one written test is easy and then afterwards the tests are difficult and interview depends on your skills.

Visit the official website of IAF, there you will find every thing and if you have any queries they will clarify you.
"http://careerairforce.nic.in/"

Good luck!
8th September 2010, 09:03 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friends,

If you are willing to join technical branch, you will need to write Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) conducted by AirForce Selection Board.

To join as an aeronautical engineer in the electronic branch, you should have pursued 4 year degree programme and must have scored a minimum of 60% in aggregate. You should have studied, a minimum of eight subjects from the following list of subjects, in the degree programme.

(1) Physics / Engineering Physics.
(2) Mathematics / Engineering Mathematics.
(3) Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing.
(4) Electrical Engineering / Electrical Technology.
(5) Control Engineering.
(6) Microprocessors.
(7) Digital Electronics / Basic Electronics.
(8) Computer Networks.
(9) Information Technology.
(10) Network Theory Design.
(11) Telecommunication Systems.
(12) Electronic Circuit Design.
(13) Radar Theory.
(14) Switching Theory.
(15) Instrumentation.
(16) Microwave Engineering.
(17) Antenna and Wave Propagation.
(18) Electronic Devices.

To join as an aeronautical engineer in the mechanical branch, You should have studied, a minimum of eight subjects from the following list of subjects, in the degree programme.
(1) Physics / Engineering Physics.
(2) Engineering Maths / Mathematics.
(3) Engineering Drawing / Graphics.
(4) Automotive Engineering / Plant Engineering / Industrial Engineering.
(5) Engineering Mechanics / Strength of Material.
(6) Aerodynamics.
(7) Thermodynamics and Applications / Heat Power Engineering.
(8) Heat and Mass Transfer.
(9) Theory of Machines (Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery).
(10) Fluid Mechanics / Turbo Machines.
(11) Flight Mechanics.
(12) Machine Drawing / Machine Design.
(13) Mechatronics.
(14) Material Science / Metallurgy.
(15) Vibrations.
(16) Workshop Technology / Manufacturing Technology / Production Engineering.
(17) Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
(18) Aircraft Structures.

The application form is published in all leading newspapers.
The EKT examination is followed by various tests and interview. After qualifying for the post, candidates are sent to join Air Force Academy for the training.
For syllabus and model question paper of EKT, Click here
8th September 2010, 06:04 PM
meeria

dear friend

yeah you can join in INDIAN AIR FORCE in technical side this has two field
1.Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics)
2.Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical)
as you are ECE student so you get chance in Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics) field

To join the Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics) stream you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:

18 to 28 years*
* Marital Status

Single
* Nationality

Indian
This is applicable to both men and women.
* Educational Qualifications (Aeronautical Engineer - Electronics)

First division (60% & above)

o BE / B.Tech in Electronics / Telecommunication / Electrical / Electrical Communication / Electronics & Communication / Instrumentation / Computer Science & Engineering or a combination of these subjects.

OR

o Diploma in Electronics of Madras Institute of Technology

OR

o B Tech in Radio Physics and Electronics / Optics and Opto Electronics

OR

o MSc Degree in Physics (With Electronics) / Electronics / Computer Science / Computer Application / MCA with Maths, Physics and Electronics at graduation level or MSc. Tech in Electronics and Radio Engineering

OR

o Section A&B Examination of the Associate Membership Examination of the Institute of Engineers (India) in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunication subjects

OR

o Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers with subjects of Section A & full subjects of Section B by actual studies (Maths, Applied Electronics and Circuits, Principals of Communication Engineering, Transmission lines and Networks)

have a good day
8th September 2010, 10:17 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to enter in indian air force in technical side they give advertisement. recently a advertisement is published. but unfortunately the last date of form submission is 9th september. the advertisement is given in every leading newspaper including employment news. you should properly read the newspaper to get the next notification. there is exam which will be conducted by airforce on 30th october, 2010 for this year.
5th October 2010, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Default what is the age limit for x group

sir,

i wana ask about the age limit for x group in indian air force
28th October 2010, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

I have -5.5 d power in my both eyes .Am I be alloed in IAF ?
29th October 2010, 12:21 AM
professor.singh

hello,

you can join Air Force through following examinations or schemes..

1. Direct Entry Scheme.

2. University Entry Scheme.

3. Permanent/Short Service Commission.

all the best
29th October 2010, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

sir, im doing b.e 1 year .my branch is electronics and communication..my age is 17yrs....i have a very keen interest in air force ....so tell me when i m eligible to give the test of air force..for some good post.and how many exams i have to clear and then what sort of interview i have to face....regarding my branch...and how i can start my preparation.....u can give meinfo on my id....shivabhatt92@ gmail.com ....i m waiting for your comments
18th November 2010, 04:19 AM
Unregistered

sir , i'm form mechanical branch (4th sem) , i'm eligible for technical branch in IAF ...what qualification needed.............
1st December 2010, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

sir i want the important cahpters from electronics stream wich is useful in cracking the exam
22nd January 2011, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

i am studying engineering 1st sem can i join indian air force?????
23rd January 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

For Officer Like Quality tests, What Books I can prepare?
23rd January 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

For Officer Like Quality tests, What Books I can prepare?
20th February 2011, 01:42 PM
ankurloonia

just give CDS entrance exam... also if you have an NCC "C" certificate than you can directly apply for the SSB interview... the details of which are available at

you can know more about it at

http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_opp/caropp_officer.html
11th March 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

All subjects list indian airforce exam
11th June 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

tell me last date for submission of form of air force technical side for group x
1st August 2011, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Hai sir i'm a diplamo in mechnical engineering in final year student.
So i can have join the indian air forces?
19th August 2011, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Ramashish yadav s/o Radheshyam yadav date/o birth 12.12.1994
4th September 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

hi....i hve completed my MBA in 2010 and nw i am pursuing Phd. could you plz tell me the scope of mba in entering IAF and the age limit also as i hve just entered in 25th year.and also tell me the advt schedule for the recruitments in IAF.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?