29th January 2011, 02:04 PM
umesh lal verma

How to enter Merchant Navy after Electrical Engineering? Is there a good scope in it?

how to entry in merchant navy after complete my electrical engineering???is it better future opportunity to make a bright career????

12th February 2011, 06:59 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to enter Merchant Navy after Electrical Engineering? Is there a good scope in it?

Eligibility for Merchant Navy
The eligibility conditions and options to join the Merchant Navy are as follows:

(1) To join the navigation or marine engineering branch of Merchant Navy, one must have a bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering or a degree of B.Sc. in Nautical Science from any recognized university of institute.

(2) One can also join as a deck cadet on board a ship after completing 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and train on the job for three years. After the on-job training one has to appear for the competency examination, as required by the Union Ministry of Surface Transport, to be eligible to become a Navigation Officer.

Courses in Merchant Navy
The courses related to Merchant Navy should be approved by Director-General of Shipping, Government of India. The various pre-sea courses for joining Merchant Navy either as a Deck/Engineer Officer are:

A four-year degree course leading to BE (Marine) after 10+2.
The 2½ years courses leading to Alternate Training Scheme for Marine Engineers (ATS) after 10+2.
Degree courses leading to B.Sc. (Nautical Science) after 10+2.
The Graduate Mechanical Engineer course after BE/B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering.
27th February 2011, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to enter Merchant Navy after Electrical Engineering? Is there a good scope in it?

Sir i join the merchant navy but i am a electrical engg. passed in 2010 in first division so sir how i can the merchant navy so sir i want ur help i want to make a good carrier and merchant navy is a good choice
6th March 2011, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

I want to career and corses for b.tech(electrical and electronic engg.)
1st April 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

sir iam an electrical engineer and i want to join navy merchant as an engineer .ii aiso cant afford to do the course of long duration .iis there anyway to join after fulfilling all those criteria
if then contact me on9543049400 or emailme on rahul [email protected] i m eagerly awaiting ur response plz
3rd April 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

i am 12th class student i want to join passenger ship
please tell me what is the procedure
[email protected]
rajesh 09419100331
4th April 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

how much score is required for cds exam
4th April 2011, 10:27 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

There is a very good scope of Merchant navy for electrical engineers...
any student holding a bachelor's degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology Engineering can join the Merchant navy as a Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer.

Direct entry system is also there....

The direct entry Engineering cadets are preferred to do a Pre-sea course of 9 months duration in Marine Engineering conducted by the MERI.

A career in the merchant navy requires people with strong inner self and tough physical form, along with a sporting, adaptive and adjustable attitude.

You also have to pass a medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no color blindness.
15th April 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i am passed electrical engg. dipolma with first division 62 percent i want to join a marine engineering plzz give me a information
1st May 2011, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE ANY LINE FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS IN MERCHANT NAVY...????
9th June 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

sir, i cmpltd my b.e in electrical, so how to create my future in merchant navy. Plz inform to me, my i.d [email protected], nd ph no:9052123115
22nd June 2011, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

i hv passed electrical engineering in 2011,how do i get entry in merchant navy??
plz mail me at [email protected]
26th June 2011, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i am passed electrical engg. dipolma with first division 64 percent with having 8year experience in filed of engineering i want to join a Marchant Navy plzz give me a information about join marchant navy on [email protected].
9th July 2011, 02:35 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have done my B.tech in EEE and also applied for CDC after completing the STCW basic courses.Now do I have to go for a Pre sea or should I start applying directly to Companies?If I can apply, which are the ones preferable for Electrical trainee Engineers.Please reply in this forum or mail your views to [email protected].
9th July 2011, 02:45 AM
Unregistered

I have done my B.tech in Electrical and Electronics Engg. After completing the STCW basic courses i have also applied for INDIAN CDC. Now my question is that can i directly start applying to companies or will i have to go for a Pre sea course.If i can directly apply which are the preferable companies for Electrical Trainee officers.Please reply with your views in this forum or mail me at [email protected]
24th September 2011, 04:40 AM
Unregistered

sir my name is abhishek pratap singh i completed b.tech in electrical & electronics branch you can give me idea for joining mechent navy at my cel no. 09990724410
27th November 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am an electrical engg student and will be done with it in coming may 2012.
i was planning for merchant navy carreer and have heard about 1 year marine engg course.
i want to know the complete procedure to move forward in this line...about good colleges, enterance exams, various field in mwrchant navy..etc.

I will be glad if you mail the details at [email protected].

thanks & regards.
30th November 2011, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

how can chang liberian cdc to indian cdc. pls tell me.904593800 SANJU. [email protected]
19th January 2012, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

i have done BE from electronics and communication branch , and want to join merchent navy....
i want to know the complete procedure to move forward in this line...about good colleges, enterance exams, various field in mwrchant navy..etc.
22nd January 2012, 05:58 PM
kavya_guddi

Eligibility for Merchant Navy
The eligibility conditions and options to join the Merchant Navy are as follows:

(1) To join the navigation or marine engineering branch of Merchant Navy, one must have a bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering or a degree of B.Sc. in Nautical Science from any recognized university of institute.

(2) One can also join as a deck cadet on board a ship after completing 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and train on the job for three years. After the on-job training one has to appear for the competency examination, as required by the Union Ministry of Surface Transport, to be eligible to become a Navigation Officer.

Courses in Merchant Navy
The courses related to Merchant Navy should be approved by Director-General of Shipping, Government of India. The various pre-sea courses for joining Merchant Navy either as a Deck/Engineer Officer are:

A four-year degree course leading to BE (Marine) after 10+2.
The 2½ years courses leading to Alternate Training Scheme for Marine Engineers (ATS) after 10+2.
Degree courses leading to B.Sc. (Nautical Science) after 10+2.
The Graduate Mechanical Engineer course after BE/B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering.
16th May 2012, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR I HAVE COMPLETED DIPLOMA AS AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER.NOW I WANT TO JOIN A MERCHANT NAVY AS AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER BUT I HAVE NO EXPERIANCE IN RELATED FIELD SO I REQUESTED YOU FOR YOUR REPLY ON MY EMAIL ID OR MOB.NO.. MY EMAIL ID IS [email protected] AND MY MOB.NO.IS 09328656849
21st June 2012, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

How to enter Merchant Navy after Electronics Engineering? Is there a good scope in it?
26th June 2012, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

will u please tell me d merchant navy exams after electrical engg btech so that i could get admission in govt college of merchant navy college
14th September 2012, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

can Electronics and telecommunication engg. enter in MERCHANT NAVY?
8th March 2014, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I m complited ITI in electrician And Diploma in EEE ,65%
with 1year experience in power generation.
So I join in merchant navy plz contact me
my email:[email protected]
nd cell no:9164439699.
23rd October 2014, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

how to join merchant navy after doing B.E in electrical and electronics engineering
19th April 2015, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

sir i have done my b.tech in Electrical engg in 2013 ,now i am in mumbai so i want to join in merchant navy ,should you plz give imformation about merchant navy and also amount details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?