12th May 2013, 04:30 PM
akhilpaulose

How to get admission in M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 76%?

Sir i have completed btech (information technology) with an aggregate of 76%.My gate score is very poor,15.33.Is ther any barrier for me to get an mtech admission in any recognised universities or colleges in kerala through non gate.I have an aggregate of 88 percent in 10th and 82 percent in 12.

8th April 2015, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get admission in M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 76%?

Now I am in second year b.tech branch eee I want to study m.tech in USA what I must do it is related to gate exam pls help me to study In USA what is the processpls tell me sir
8th April 2015, 05:53 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

M.tech is a post graduate course and the minimum educational qualification needed to join this course is to have a graduate degree certificate from any recognised university of India.
If you havegot 76% marks in your B.Tech course then its very good for you.Your marks shows your tallent.

But marks do not play much role as the GATE rank does in the admission for the M.tech course.Admission is provided to only those students who have a good rank in the GATE entrance exam which is conducted at end of the february to the beginning of March.

Some of the required details for the GATE exams has been explained as below---

GATE stands for GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST FOR ENGINEERING.Final year students are also eligible for the GATE exams 2015.
Those who have completed their three years in the graduate level can appear in the GATE 2015 exams.

This is a very important exams for the graduates students.The gate rank holder students can go either for the higher studies like M.Tech Or can go for the Job IN PSU sector.

Some of the Reputed college which provide admission on the basis of GATE rank are listed as below:-->>

1.IIT,Kanpur
2.IIT,Kharagpur
3.IIT,Delhi
4.IIT,Mumbai
5.IIT,Guwahati
6.Indian School of Mines -Dhanbad (ISM Dhanbad)
7.Indian Institute of Technology - Roorkee
8.Institute of Technology - Banaras Hindu University ( IT-BHU)
9.International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) - Hyderabad
10.National Institute of Technology (NIT) - Trichy

These all above colleges comer under top ten college in India for the course M.tech
8th April 2015, 10:11 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilpaulose View Post
Sir i have completed btech (information technology) with an aggregate of 76%.My gate score is very poor,15.33.Is ther any barrier for me to get an mtech admission in any recognised universities or colleges in kerala through non gate.I have an aggregate of 88 percent in 10th and 82 percent in 12.
Yes, you are applicable for M.Tech with good academic records in B.Tech.,

Since, your Gate score is very poor, you can apply for M.Tech via Non Gate entry scheme

Choose the engineering college where you wanted to take up M.Tech and approach them for admission via non gate entry scheme.

You can not avail gate scholarship in non gate entry scheme.

You have pay more to get seat in management quota.

Almost all private engineering colleges admit students via non gate entry scheme.

One more option left is that , you can try for state level M.Tech entrance exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?