8th August 2010, 01:57 PM
phoenix

How to get into space engineering?

iam sumi doing b.tech (IT) thirdyear. i like to know whether i can get into space fields.if i can then what type of preparations should i do.my aim is to join isro.i will be thankful to u if u show me a way.
thanking you

14th August 2010, 04:43 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to get into space engineering?

hii friend yeah you can join but u need to have a degree....finish of your degree an then apply for it... if you need more information or eligibility checkout this websitefor the information............
http://spacemaster.eu/Apply.....

regards
azhar
14th August 2010, 05:40 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
As you are an IT engineer you can't directly be an aerospace engineer. But you can join ISRO as an IT engineer itself. ISRO generally takes post graduate engineers.
You can get to know about the available jobs in ISRO at the official website of ISRO.
Must visit: http://www.isro.org/scripts/job.aspx.
14th August 2010, 06:17 PM
adityabhushan

to join isro , you should visit official site of isro, that will show you your correct way,

for space engineering , for more chances , you should have m.tech degree from well esatblished institution, if you crack gate , then there will be better chance for you .
there are lot of vacancy in isro . you can easily know about these all at this site
www.isro.org/

this is all. with best wishes
aditya
14th August 2010, 09:13 PM
Rickers

Hello,

Yes you can go for space and research field.
You can do your master degree in astro physics or aeronautical engineering after your B.Tech.
For get into the space and research field you must have to study the astro physics.
14th August 2010, 10:33 PM
love_star

Location: 128/939 Y Block, Kidwai Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh

You have to do masters degree. M.tech in aeronautical engineering or aerospace. M.sc in astrophysics is also a option for you.
15th August 2010, 12:02 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Yes definately you can apply for ISRO after your BTech. ISRO mainly conducts different rounds of interview of which the applications are out on their website. So you' can keep yourself updated by checking their website for latest emloyment notifications.

Just make your base subject strong and prepare for the interview and you are done

Best of luck
15th August 2010, 12:11 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
iam sumi doing b.tech (IT) thirdyear. i like to know whether i can get into space fields.if i can then what type of preparations should i do.my aim is to join isro.i will be thankful to u if u show me a way.
thanking you
for getting into space field, there is only one way i.e. ISRO. They conduct their own exams and interviews for employing students from all over india. For details you must check employment news regularly.
15th August 2010, 12:50 AM
Sathishkannan

To get into aerospace engineering first you should have good mark in 12 then do your degree in some top institution.
15th August 2010, 01:45 AM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

indian space research organisation is a priviledged organisation from india working on space technology.
basically,isro takes 3 departments:
cs,mechanical and ece.
going through their entrance you could join isro.
its a wonderful career to start with in space engg.
you can also join nasa,usa to study space engg.
15th August 2010, 06:34 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

It is good that you have chosen such a different field of study . Space engineering is very rare brach in india and also offers bright opportunities in the field of space research .
One can enroll himself in course through ISRO organisational institutions situated in Thiruvantpuram, Pune and other centre in india.
You can be admitted there for engineering course after 12th std
15th August 2010, 10:32 AM
rohit_k

elligibilty for isro:
70% marks in b.tech over all.
60% marks in 10+2 level if it is clear term and condition so you can join isro.
more detail as:
www.isro.gov.in.............
15th August 2010, 01:24 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
thanking you

You have to acquire anyone of the following degree from a good institute like IIT or IISC or IIST (most suitable, discussed below). Thats because it has been seen that students fron these Institute get plenty of oppurtunities to get there, and also there way becomes easy so far. And all of us know that with the world class Education from these Institute will work as a Medium to get us there. Besides these they construct there criteria such that only few person from Institutes like these or organisations like- ISRO, DRDO etc. can able to get there.

P.hd (Astro physics).
P.hd (Geophysics).
P.hd (Metaphysics) I mean to say any branch of physics which leads to space science,these are few examples.

You can persue these degrees from IIT's or IISc, after acquiring these degrees from there you can appear for entrance conducted by ISRO at national level for recruiting Astronauts,Scientists etc. but only best one can able to appear and crack it, because not only entrance is sufficient Medical Test etc.
various entrance are conducted by ISRO for recruiting Scientists and engineers for carrying Space reasearch or various jobs.

M.tech/P.hd (Aerospace engineering)
M.tech.P.hd (Aeronautical engineering)

Better to pursue these degrees from IIST.IIST conducts Admission to its specialized courses which leads in space tecnhnology. For entering into IIST you have to crack ISAT or IITJEE after that you will be provided Admission into B.tech if you have good performance in B.tech then you would also offered M.tech or P.hd.

All study there is
FREE OF COST,after aquiring degree from there yopu will be absorb as an Scientist of ISRO. You have to work on a Bond of 2 years, they will pay stipend and all facilities an ISRO scientist gets. If you wont like to work with ISRO you have to pay IIST Rs.10 Lacs as a ammount that has been expenditured on you in whole 4 years.

Besides, Scientist Jobs Lab Technician, Apperentice etc. types of few more jobs are there.

B.sc (Physics, Chemistry,Electronics) Candidates can Join ISRO as a "Graduate Apprentice" But very very few posts are available under this and also very few one wants to get Appretice job because basic salary is 5,000/month along with few accomodations.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
15th August 2010, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.MD.AZHARUDDIN View Post
hii friend yeah you can join but u need to have a degree....finish of your degree an then apply for it... if you need more information or eligibility checkout this websitefor the information............
http://spacemaster.eu/Apply.....

regards
azhar
If you are till 20 you can try for iist exam on 12th basis or otherwise you can do your mtech from iist then you can go in isro for further space research
15th August 2010, 09:07 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

You cannot enter the space field in ISRO with an engineering degree in IT.

For joining space field you must hold a post graduate or doctoral degree in aeronautical/aerospace engineering or any branch of physics which leads to space science like asto physics.

However, with your present qualification you can join ISRO as an IT engineer.
15th August 2010, 10:05 PM
Rickers

Hello,

Yeah you can join the space engineering but need to work hard as you are it branch.
First you complete your b.Tech then go for an it officer in ISRO or BARC then you can apply there for space engineer.

Good luck!!!!!
5th May 2011, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

after be in mechanical can ido space engg.
13th May 2011, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

can a normal person go to space ???? i've eard it costs $20000000 .is dat true
??
15th October 2011, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

is there any student membership in isro
19th October 2011, 02:42 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

You can go for science stream for space research. You passed intermidiate with minimum 60% marks with physics, chemistry, maths . Then you fill btech form like iitjee, aieee, isro. Best option for you in space research is isro in this you have bright future and you fulfill your all requirement . isro forms are filled in september, october month and exam held in april .
1st November 2011, 10:37 PM
sathish0038

Quote:
thanking you
indian space research organisation is a priviledged organisation from india working on space technology.
basically,isro takes 3 departments:
cs,mechanical and ece.
going through their entrance you could join isro.
its a wonderful career to start with in space engg.
you can also join nasa,usa to study space engg.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?