15th August 2016, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

What should my daughter study if she is interested in space science?

My daughter is studying in 5th standard. She is interested in space science.What is the procedure to follow for her now.If any guidance from your side. Kindly help, we are from Pune.

15th August 2016, 08:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should my daughter study if she is interested in space science?

If she is interested in space science then she should focus on science specially physics and maths. These two subjects are very important if one has to become a space scientist.
After passing class 12th with PCM stream one can look for admission in B.Sc physics or an engineering degree form top institution like IITs.
16th August 2016, 12:57 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should my daughter study if she is interested in space science?

You should concentrate on science subject for making career in space science. In your 11th standard you should choose "science" stream. After completion of your 12th standard from science stream you have to apply for bachelor's degree in engineering, physical science, or mathematics. After that you have to pursue master's degree.
16th August 2016, 11:44 AM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Hi Sir,
Your daughter is in 5th Standard,Now she has to do Higher Secondary first.Then she can apply for Space and Research Study.There are Entrance Exams,where you can apply for Exam for Graduation Study.

List of Entrance Exams:-
1.Indian Institute of Science Entrance Test (Thiruvananthapuram)

2. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Admission Test (ISAT)

3.Birla Institute of Technology (BITS Pilani)

4.Indian Institute of Science and Technology (IIT)

5.Space research institute in kerala

6.Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) Nainital, Uttarakhand‎, India

7.The Australian Space Research Institute (ASRI)

8.Indian Space and Research Organization (ISRO)

9.Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram

10.Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore

Exam Pattern: Entrance Exam contains 150 MCQ’s. The pattern of questions paper and marks distribution of paper is as follows.

Physics – 40 questions
Chemistry – 40 questions
English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning – 15 questions and 10 questions shall be asked in the letter part.
Mathematics - 45 questions

There is negative marking -1 for wrong answers.So candidates should avoid to give wrong answers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?