29th July 2013, 12:40 PM
jobi jose

How to get a job after MSc Applied Geophysics?

how to get a job after MSC applied geophysics

Related Questions:
  1. In which field can I get a job after completing MSc in Applied Geophysics from IIT Bombay? How to apply for the jobs?
  2. Can I apply for M.Sc Applied Geophysics if completed B.Sc with Physics and Chemistry as main subjects?
  3. How to get a job after MSc Applied Geophysics?
  4. Can I do MSc in Geophysics after B.Tech? Any good institutes providing M.Tech in geophysics?
  5. Which course is better between Marine Geophysics and MSc Physics?
  6. How to become a Geologist after 12th?
  7. Can I do M.Tech in any field after doing MSc Tech in applied geophysics form ISM Dhanbad?
  8. Question papers of BHU MSc Geophysics?
  9. Can I apply for IIT-JAM(Geology/Geophysics) if having Physics in 3rd & 4th semesters of B.Sc(Geology)? Books for preparation of this exam? Which one has better scope between Geology and Geophysics?
  10. Eligibility to get admission in IIT for M.Sc Geophysics course for F.Y.B.Sc pursuing candidate?
  11. Salary package of MSc Tech with Geophysics in BHU? In which university is the salary package the highest in MSc Tech with Geophysics?
  12. What are the jobs in ISRO for MSc applied electronics students
  13. What should I choose among Electronics, Applied Physics, Astro-Physics, Geophysics and core Physics for M.Sc after completing B.Sc(Physics)? -- [New]
  14. Which PG is better? M.Tech in applied geology, Msc petrotech. or Msc geology? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is there a correspondence course for IIT JAM in Applied Geophysics? Which books to refer for it?
  16. Is there any 1 year course in Petroleum Exploration in India after completing B.E Mechanical?
  17. Is it possible to join scientist in ISRO after M.Tech?
  18. What jobs will I get after MSc Applied chemistry
13th February 2015, 04:33 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to get a job after MSc Applied Geophysics?

On completion of masters degree with minimum 60 per cent percent marks, you will get hired.There are various departments like Exploration Geophysics, Seismology, Geodesy, Atmospheric physics, Geomagnetism, Marine Geophysics, Environmental Geophysics and Paleomagnetism. A Geophysicist needs a degree in earth science, geophysics or geology. Interested candidates need strong background in physics, mathematics or computer science. In both private as well government jobs, they offer great salary package in the mining and oil exploration sector. Those who have completed Ph.D. from IIT's come with the dual degree M.Sc.-Ph.D get higher packages. In both the sectors, there is entrance test followed by interview for job seekers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?