11th July 2012, 08:14 PM
shailender panwar

How to give IAS exam after completing medical sciences as main subject?

i want to give ias exam after completing medical sciences as main subject so will am i eligible for it

19th July 2012, 05:09 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to give IAS exam after completing medical sciences as main subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailender panwar View Post
i want to give ias exam after completing medical sciences as main subject so will am i eligible for it
Yes, you will be eligible for IAS exam.

Medical students can take Medical science as one of their optional for mains exam, other one can be some humanities subject or Public Administration, geography. Being a medical student, you will have advantage in Preliminary exam too, as you know good deal about basic science content.

To be eligible for this exam, you must be atleast 21 year old. If you belong to general category then, you will get 4 chances, for OBC, it is 6 and for SC/ST, no limit.

For prelims, you have to focus on economy, politics, environment, nobel prize winners, persons in news in last year etc. UPSC, has now included some aptitude and general ability questions as well.

Take a clue from last year papers and start your preparations from onwards. Next exam notification will come in Feb, 2013. Exam procedure starts from May.

For this year examination was already completed and result will be declared soon and those who cracked the Preliminary examination are eligible for Main examination. Your age should between 21 to 30 years. Notification Published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC Website. You have to fill the application form online only, because no offline application form facility is provided by UPSC.

So, please wait for next year examination notification and then apply for the examination online. Please prepared well for this examination as per the pattern and for more details check official website of UPSC.

Optional Subject List:

19th July 2012, 10:55 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to give IAS exam after completing medical sciences as main subject?

Hi dear.....
As you are interested for IAS exam for this you have to appear Civil Service Exam....
The detail information for this exam,................

The optional subjects for IAS exam & exam pattern.....

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...............
21st July 2012, 04:25 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for IAS exam if you have completed graduation. As part of this, you should appear for UPSC Civil Services exam. You can log in to the official site of UPSC and apply for this exam. Choose the subjects provided in the UPSC site as per your interest. Minimum age limit is 21 years. Higher age limit in order to appear for this exam is 30 years. You have to attend preliminary and main exam and qualify in it to attend personal interview.
26th January 2013, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

I am medical aspirants..i want to be a ia.s...what can i do??? I dont know anyelse about i.a.s exam.
5th May 2014, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

iam a student of non medical science in 11th standard how to prepare for ias exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?