12th October 2011, 12:54 AM
satish ghsole

Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing EEE?

im 4th year student of electrical and electronics engineering......i have no idea about IAS examination after completing my engineering......so please give me suggestion which paper and which subject to related in engineering subject,.....and other subject........and their process

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to become IAS being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester B.Tech in EEE?
  2. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  3. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?
  4. Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing MBA?
  5. Which Books I have to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in EEE and not interested to take coaching for GATE Exam?
  6. Which Book to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in EEE?
  7. Am I eligible to appear for IAS or IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing B.Sc in IT in KSOU?
  8. Can I try doing IAS when I am 35 years old woman candidate? -- [New]
  9. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MBA in HR specialization?
  10. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I appear for IAS Exam being a candidate of BE from IT?
  12. Am I eligible for IAS if haven't studied 12th?
  13. Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?
  14. Being a History Honours candidate I am eligible to apply for IAS exam?
  15. Which course is a better choice for me between ME and MS pursuing BE in EEE?
  16. Exam pattern and Syllabus for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Sc?
  17. How much rank I have to get and how many marks I have to score to get admission for EEE in NIT Warangal being a candidate of SC category?
  18. Guidance to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing BA with History?
12th October 2011, 06:56 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing EEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish ghsole View Post
im 4th year student of electrical and electronics engineering......i have no idea about IAS examination after completing my engineering......so please give me suggestion which paper and which subject to related in engineering subject,.....and other subject........and their process
No worry friend I'll provide you complete details regarding your query.

IAS : Indian Administrative Services.

you can get job as IAS officer if you clear an entrance examination. The exam is named as Civil Service Exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC. UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) this is a constitutional body,Which is highly committed to recruit top brains in the country to place them in a responsible position. I mean to say as IAS officers,IFS officers or other civil service officers.

Civil Service Exam is conducted for all the Indian Civil Services and Group A & B Services also.

total of 24 services the civil service exam is conducted Commonly as a entrance examination by UPSC once in a year.

Now let us discuss about eligibility criteria required for an Aspirant.

->First of all you need to get 21 years of your age.

->Secondly you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
if not , you should be atleast in your final year degree.

as you are in your final year B.tech you are eligible for the examination.
you can apply in the last year of b.tech or as you wish you can also appear after your graduation.

as you are electrical engineer I'll tell you the procedure how to write.

first of all you need to get registered for the three level examination.

In the first level. no need of selecting any subject.every one of every discipline has a common syllabus to write the exam.

in the second level i.e., mains exam you need to select to optional subjects from the pre defined list in UPSC.
here is the list of that please check it for information.

>>Agriculture
>>Management
>>Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
>>Mathematics
>>Anthropology
>>Mechanical Engineering
>>Botany
>>Medical Science
>>Chemistry
>>Philosophy
>>Civil Engineering
>>Physics
>>Commerce & Accountancy
>>Political Science & International Relations
>>Economics
>>Psychology
>>Electrical Engineering
>>Public Administration
>>Geography
>>Sociology
>>Geology
>>Statistics
>>Indian History
>>Zoology
>>Law

In the above list you should opt any of the two.
As electrical engineering is already present you can directly select that
For other optional,you need to think carefully and select of your choice.
Its your wish to select a particular optional there will no compulsion regarding selecting the optional subjects.

But remember few rules

->No two engineering subjects should be selected

->No two Literature subjects should also be selected.

finally in the last stage you will be undergoing a personal interview finally based on your overall performance you will be given a rank .

for that rank a service will be allotted along with a cadre.

this all the info which you should know .

If any further doubts. Feel free to post the queries in this forum

we will be ready to help you.

Regards
12th October 2011, 07:47 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Smile Re: Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing EEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish ghsole View Post
INFORMATION REGARDING FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAM

[IMG]
http://upselogo
[/IMG]
UPSE conduct every year civil service exam in for various administrative post.
you are engineering student also eligible for ias exam,
IAS exam is a long procedure examination and selection procedure is very tough,
minimum 2 lakh candidate apply and after all procedure only 1000 of candidate select,

Eligible qualification : a candidate must have a degree in any discipline with recognized university and final year student also appear for IAS exam,

Age criteria : a candidate between 21 to 30 year old and age relaxation also provided to SC/ST/OBC candidate.

examination pattern :
>> preliminary exam
>>CSAT
>> interview

in preliminary exam in only qualifying exam after this exam you have to choice 2 optional subject, because you are engineering student so don't have a choose both engineering subject only one engineering subject you will choose,
compulsary subject ;
>>hindi language
>> enlish language
>>essay
>>general studies
after all you have to choose 2 optional subject form the list;
and some of the subject list mention here ;

Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History
Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science and International
Relations
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

after all clear IAS exam you have invite for interview,
for more detail log on to www.upse.gov.in
this year ias exam already over so you can apply next year;
date of notification 2012 ; 4/02/2012

good luck
*Gaint*
12th October 2011, 08:57 PM
harshad135

Default Re: Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing EEE?

respected sir,
I have completed my B.E.Mechanical and i have filled up the form for nayab mamlatdar and nayab sectional officer. so plz give me the information about the books and the various procedures regarding to clear this exams.
waiting for ur reply
makwana harshadkumar J

Email [email protected]
30th December 2011, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing EEE?

wen will exams be conducted?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?