2nd October 2012, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

How good is christ university for MBA?

I am a final year bms student and I wish to do MBA in Bangalore only. I have heard a lot about Christ and wish to know about its placements and whether it is a good institute for MBA. further I would also like to know which are the top 5 b schools in Bangalore after IIM. Thankyou

15th January 2016, 11:40 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How good is christ university for MBA?

It is a good thing that you are already thinking about your MBA when you are only in your final year of college. However, it is always suggested that people should gain some years of experience before actually going for MBA Education it being Management studies.

Freshers really do not have much idea about how a business typically runs and therefore this lack of knowledge does not help them much. But still there are many times when students think of completing their education and then taking up jobs finally. If you are one of those then here is what you need to know.

MBA stands for Masters in Business Administration and is a 2 years post graduation program that can be done by anyone who is a graduate from a recognized college or university. It deals with the studies that do with managing businesses, finances, hr operations and marketing. Typically these are the study areas that revolve around an MBA. Its serious studies and are put to use in real time scenarios.

Talking of the actions to be taken before one gets into MBA, you have to appear for the entrances like MAT, CAT, CMAT, NMAT, XAT, SNAP, IIFT, etc. These are pretty much the top entrance exams for MBA studies in India and all the good colleges intake students on the basis of performances in these exams.

Once you are done and if you score good means more than 95 percentile in CAT, or near about same in other exams then you can expect calls from the secondary IIMs since you are a fresher. Please note that any good college would ALWAYS prefer and experienced candidate with similar marks like you over you.

Apart from that please do not be rigid that you want to stay in Bangalore and not move out. MBA is a study for which people leave countries and so you need not be very firm about this if you wish to have a good career. Remember for a ship to sail, has to move out in the ocean.

Coming back to the question about Christ College, I would say its a C grade college. It is not recognized much in the job market however you may get starting jobs there which would not be much high paying. Pay packages offered at the college ranged from 4-6 lacs average which is pretty ok. I would still urge you to be open for admission in other colleges than just Bangalore.

Top 5 colleges in Bangalore would be IIM B, NMIMS Bangalore, SIBM Bangalore, XIME and Christ. But just because Christ is in the top 5 does not mean its good. It is just there and people may consider it because there are not many options in Bangalore to choose from. Otherwise, its a decent institute for average students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?