27th September 2012, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

How to join B.Tech 2nd year in NIT after passing 3rd year diploma?

Sir,
I am a 3-year diploma holder in computer science engineering branch.I want to join in B-Tech 2nd year in NIT.Can I join?If yes,then tell me the procedure.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join in NIT after passing diploma? How much rank should I get to get admission in NIT? I am pursuing diploma 3rd year
  2. How to join B.Tech 2nd year in Kerala after passing diploma in Civil with 83%?
  3. How to join B.Tech 2nd year after completing diploma in ECE stream
  4. How to join IIT after passing 2nd year diploma?
  5. Can I join B.E in 2nd year after passing diploma?
  6. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to join in NPTI B.Tech 2nd year after completing diploma in EEE?
  8. Can I continue my Diploma to get good Job having a year gap after completion of 1st year of Diploma with 84%?
  9. Can I get jobs in MNC's like infosys and others?
  10. Will there be any Lateral Entrance into 2nd year B.Tech after completion of Diploma?
  11. How can I join IIT after passing diploma? I am a 3rd year diploma in civil engineering
  12. Will i be able to get Job in software MNC's after my Diploma and B.Tech with 70% in aggregate?
  13. How to join NPTI in B.Tech 2nd year after completing diploma this year? What is the procedure to apply for CET?
  14. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student? -- [New]
  15. Can I get direct entry to 3rd year B.E after doing diploma ECE after passing 12th science
  16. In which colleges of Pune can I get admission in 2nd year mechanical engineering?
  17. Can a diploma holder from outside Karnataka is eligible to join B.Tech 2nd year through CET? When the application form of Karnataka-CET will be released?
  18. Procedure for taking admission in btech in punjabi university 2nd year for diploma holders?
26th December 2012, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join B.Tech 2nd year in NIT after passing 3rd year diploma?

can i join 2nd year NIT after passing 3 year diploma
26th December 2012, 05:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately there is no procedure to apply for admission in second year of B.Tech in National Institute of Technology. The institute has no provision for admission under the lateral entry scheme.

Its not just National Institute of Technology but Indian Institute of Technology also do not offer any admission through lateral entry scheme. Under this scheme candidates are given admission into the second year of B.Tech if they have passed 3 years diploma or Bachelor of Science course.

The admission in NIT is only offered through entrance exam. All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE) is your key to admission in NIT. Since AIEEE will be scrapped from 2013, you will have to appear for ISEET entrance exam for NIT admission.

Unfortunately only candidates who have completed 12th are eligible to appear in the ISEET/AIEEE entrance exams. Similarly in IIT, the exam is known as IIT-JEE which also requires candidates to have completed B.Tech.

The three years diploma course is not considered equal to the 12th, thus diploma holders can not appear for AIEEE exam. Besides there isn't any point in appearing for it since there is no lateral entry available.

What you should do is appear for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) to get admission through lateral entry scheme. While you will not get admission in IITs or NITs, there are several other universities which will offer you admission through LEET.

You should have scored 60 percent marks in diploma to appear for the LEET entrance exam. There are also some universities which believe in conducting their own separate entrance exam for admission under the lateral entry scheme.
30th December 2012, 05:59 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you cannot join in 2nd year B.Tech any of the National Institutes of Technology after passing 3 years of Diploma course.

This is because there is no any provision of Lateral Entry provided by the National Institute of Technology for students to join various under graduate programmes.

The only way through which you can join NITs for pursuing B.Tech is the All India Engineering Entrance Examination(AIEEE).

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the above mentioned will help you to the extent you want.
30th December 2012, 06:17 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

First of all, I would like to say that you cannot join B.Tech 2nd year in NIT after passing 3rd year diploma course.

This is because this institution has no provision for admission under the lateral entry scheme.

AIEEE( All India Engineering Entrance Examination) is the only way through which a contendor can join National Institute of Technology(NITs) for pursuing B.Tech.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
24th January 2013, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir
Iam studying mechanical 3rd year. Please tell me how can i join in NIT
30th May 2013, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance after november to join btech 2nd year for diplomo holders?
30th May 2013, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance after november to join btech 2nd year for diplomo holders?
5th April 2014, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Ive completed 3yr mining diploma ..can I get lateral entry in NITK..
PLS REPLY ME..
7th September 2014, 10:43 PM
raj lakshmi gupta

Sir,
I am a 3-year diploma holder in electronics and communication engineering branch.I want to join in B-Tech 2nd year in NIT.Can I join?If yes,then tell me the procedure.
1st October 2014, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

sir I am passing diploma 3 year mechanical engineering how process to joined nit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?