10th July 2012, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

How to join IMA after completion of 10+2?

join I.M.A after 10+ 2
i am very much interested in this

10th July 2012, 12:21 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join IMA after completion of 10+2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
join I.M.A after 10+ 2
i am very much interested in this
After completing Intermediate , you can join Indian Army through TES and NDA Examination .
  • TES Stands for Technical Entry Scheme
  • NDA Stands for National Defence Academy

TES Eligibility Criteria ::

You should have a holding the Intermediate with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and have attained the minimum 70% aggregate marks in your examination . Your age should be between 16.5 years and 19.5 years and Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply .

NDA Eligibility Criteria ::

You should have a holding the Intermediate with any stream of a recognized Institute OR equivalent qualification and there is no minimum marks required . Your age should be between 16.5 years and 19 years and Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply .

IMA Stands for Indian Military Academy Examination and IMA comes under the CDS Examination . CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service Examination conducts for IMA , NA , AFA , OTA .

Eligibility Criteria for IMA ::

You should have a holding the graduate degree with any desire subject OR stream from a recognized University . Your age should be between 19 years nd 24 years and Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply .So if you are completed graduate degree then you are eligible to apply for IMA Examination But according to your qualification , you can apply for TES Exam OR NDA Examination .
10th July 2012, 01:05 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed 10+2 then there are two possible ways of entry
in Indian Millitary Academy.

1. N.D.A. Examination.
This examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year for entry in all the three wings of
defence services.
http://upsc.gov.in/
For Army Wing of NDA, 10+2 in any stream is required. There is no percentage restriction
for appearing the NDA examination.
The age limit for this exam is 16.5-19 years.

2. TES (10+2)
The examination for "Technical Entry Scheme" is conducted by Indian Army twice a year.
The notification for the exam are published in May-June and Oct-Nov months generally
but the schedule may (may not) change.
The age limit for the exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
For TES (10+2), you should have at least 70% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry
and Maths. subjects in 10+2.
http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/

Refer Employment News and the above mentioned websites for advertisement of the exams.

If you have completed 10+2 then there are two possible ways of entry
in Indian Millitary Academy.

1. N.D.A. Examination.
This examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year for entry in all the three wings of
defence services.
http://upsc.gov.in/
For Army Wing of NDA, 10+2 in any stream is required. There is no percentage restriction
for appearing the NDA examination.
The age limit for this exam is 16.5-19 years.

2. TES (10+2)
The examination for "Technical Entry Scheme" is conducted by Indian Army twice a year.
The notification for the exam are published in May-June and Oct-Nov months generally
but the schedule may (may not) change.
The age limit for the exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
For TES (10+2), you should have at least 70% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry
and Maths. subjects in 10+2.
http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/

Refer Employment News and the above mentioned websites for advertisement of the exams.
10th July 2012, 01:12 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...........

The Indian Military Academy IMA was formally inaugurated by Field Marshal Sir Philip Chetwode, then Commander-in-chief of India. (at Dehradun- Now capital of Uttaranchal) It started functioning with effect from 01 October 1932. Indian Military Academy is the Premier training centre for Officers getting their permanent commission in to the Indian Army .

The Indian Military Academy Training period for Direct Entry Non-technical Cadets is 1 and ½ Years while cadets from NDA and ACC are given 1 years training prior to their commissioning.

On completion of Indian Military training at the IMA, the cadets are awarded the Post Graduate Diploma in Military Studies and Defence. The Diploma is recognized by then HNB Garhwal University.

The exam pattern........

To join you have to apply for NDA exam , IMA , CDS.
after 10+2.

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck........
10th July 2012, 02:41 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Military Academy or Indian Army after 12th standard through basically two ways:-

NDA -NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY
TES - TECHNICAL ENTRY SCHEME

To join Indian Army you have to apply, appear and crack NDA entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

TES exam conducted by Indian Army two times a year. The candidate having completed 12th with 70% marks with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of studies and within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical Fitness. The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
19th July 2012, 11:49 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!

--->For joining of IMA (INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY ) you can give the entrance test NDA.

->Yes you can give the NDA II entrance exam after giving your class 12 board exam.

->girls are not eligible for NDA .

->unmarried man are eligible.

->Here is the eligibility criteria,please check the eligibility criteria:-

NDA entrance exam eligibility criteria:-

>You should be minimum 12 pass out
>age limit-16.5-19 yrs
>you should be an unmarried citizen of india

->Exam pattern:-

>paper i is mathematics of 300 marks
>paper ii is the general ability divided into two parts:-
>part A is english of 200 marks
>part B is general knowledge of 400 marks
>so total 900 marks

Then there is the interview session on the basis of which you are chosen,so,always prepare the interview session carefully and give it with full confidence.

ALL THE BEST....
For more information you can visit the official website i.g given as follows:-

www.upsc.gov.in
so,work hard my friend...!!!
18th October 2014, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join IMA after completion of 10 2?

i am still studing in 12th class now and i am holding A certificate in NCC as well as i should complete my B exam can i join NDA as soon as my 12th exam is fineshed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?