23rd November 2011, 03:02 PM

How to get admission in IMA?

Respacted sir,

I want to join IMA. Plaese tell me about admission in IMA.

Anil Joshi

29th November 2011, 01:28 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to get admission in IMA?

Hi

IMA stands for Indian Military Academy. You have to sit for the NDA exam. NDA - National Defense Academy. This exam is conducted by UPSC every year to select candidates for Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

Eligibility ::

You should be a minimum 12th pass from a recognized board, with a minimum 50% aggregate.
Your age should not be less than 16.5 and not more than 19 years in the year of applying.

You have to fill the NDA form. The notification is already released, and 30th January is the last date to apply.

The exam is scheduled to be conducted on 15th April 2012.

If you clear it, you would be called for a round of physical test, and personal interview.

After successful clearance of these steps, finally you would be trained in the IMA.

For more information, Please Click Here

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
4th February 2012, 03:29 PM
Vikas B Pandey

Question Re: How to get admission in IMA?

Respected Sir,

Dear sir,kindly tell the fee for gp rating & DNS both.
Sir,Is there any kind of entrance exam for admission although
I book the seat by sending the DD to IMA?

SIR,PLEASE REVERT ME AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE INTO BELOW
E-MAIL ADDRESS;

[email protected]
4th March 2012, 01:37 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

IMA stands for Indian Military Academy. You have to sit for the NDA exam. NDA - National Defense Academy. This exam is conducted by UPSC every year to select candidates for Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

Eligibility ::

You should be a minimum 12th pass from a recognized board, with a minimum 50% aggregate.
Your age should not be less than 16.5 and not more than 19 years in the year of applying.

You have to fill the NDA form. The notification is already released, and 30th January is the last date to apply.

The exam is scheduled to be conducted on 15th April 2012.
3rd April 2012, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

respectd sir..
if i take uoo arts in class XI then wil i able to give the examination when i pass out class 12 .. taking arts..???
20th April 2012, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

respected sir ,
can i join the indian military academy after the hotel management
10th May 2012, 08:33 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir my name is anan and i am for kerela iam studing in plustwo after that i want to write NDA exam and sir my ambisation is to be a soilder sir can you help me sir if you can please mail the imformation about IMA and qulifation need for that all thingmy mail ID is ([email protected]) thank you sir jai hind
29th May 2012, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

sir i m a student of bsc(pcm) 1st year pleas tell me how can i direct join IMA.
3rd June 2012, 07:45 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

[[email protected];1425934]Respacted sir,

Dear,

you can join CDSE exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

For the CDSE exam you need the following eligibility criteria.

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION

(i) For IMA and OTA
For the IMA and OTA candidate should be graduate
in any discipline.

Age Limit
For IMA: 19 to 24 years.

For OTA:19 to 25years.

So you can join Indian Army after the completion of your
graduation in the above field of Army.

For more information on CDSE exam visit UPSC web site
www.upsc.gov.in

Physical Eligibility

- A candidate should be physically and mentally fit.

Eye Sight = 6/6,
Height = 167 cms,

thanks

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
3rd June 2012, 07:49 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir ,
can i join the indian military academy after the hotel management

Yes, Definitely You can Join Indian Military Academy (IMA) After completing your Graduate degree course from a recognized University.

If your aim is to Join IMA , then for this you have to apply for the CDS Examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services examination and You can apply for CDS (Combined Defence Academy) Examination After Graduation, This examination is conducted by UPSC Twice in a year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course and your age should between 19 to 25 Years.

And After completing your Graduate degree course, You may apply for this Year CDS (II) Examination.

The Notification of this year CDS (I) Examination was already declared and the last date of apply for this examination was already Over.

So, If you are Interested in CDS Examination then please wait for CDS (II) Examination Notification.

Eligible candidates May fill the CDS Application form Online only because there is no Offline application form Facility from this year.

So, please fill the CDS Application form online after declaring the Notification.

For IMA, your age should between 19 to 24 Years and you must be medically and Physically fit in all the respects and if you need more Information then check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in

3rd June 2012, 08:03 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i m a student of bsc(pcm) 1st year pleas tell me how can i direct join IMA.

hi friend

Indian Military Academy

There are Different ways to join IMA Dehradun. its a Sub stage to get into Armed Forces. IMA is a Training academy where Graduates, NDA candidates treated One year heavily to boost their physical stamina.

To Get into IMA you have ample to Entries.

After 10+2

Through NDA :-
if you clear the NDA Exam and your Preference is Army then you will be treated 3 years in NDA Khadakwasla , Pune then One year in IMA Dehradun.

good luck
3rd June 2012, 08:30 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2138364]Respected sir my name is anan and i am for kerela iam studing in plustwo after that i want to write NDA exam and sir my ambisation is to be a soilder sir can you help me sir if you can please mail the imformation about IMA and qulifation need for that all thingmy mail ID is ([email protected]) thank you sir jai hind[/Q
UOTE]

For entry just see the below link.

http://imadehradun.batchmates.com/

Eligibility:

You need to pass any graduate from the recognized university.

Final year students are also applicable for These exam.

Here physics and maths,These both subjects are complsary.

For full details visit
www.upsc.gov.in

16th June 2012, 09:32 PM

Dear sir,
plz tell him indian military acadmy admission form date in 2012.
sir i am 12th class pass. and iam join indian military acadmy. thank you...
23rd September 2012, 04:23 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi!!!!!!!
Friend,,,!!
Its sounds good that, you want to serve the nation,which is really appreciable,. As you want to join IMA(INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY) DEHRADUN , you must have to clear the NDA(NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY) EXAMINATION, conducted by the UPSC (union public service commission) every year for twice

Through this NDA examination, one can apply for the INDIAN AIR FORCE (IAF),
NAVAL ACADEMY (NA),
& INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY (IMA).

For being eligible for the IAF & NA , you must have 60 % in 12th board examination, with the subjects PHYSICS & MATHS.

Otherwise, you can only apply for the IMA.

So,There is no minimum percentage is required to apply for this examination.

Exam pattern-

Physical eligibility-

Age limit-

16.5-19 years all candidates.remind that, there in not any kind of age relaxation is applicable for any reserved category.

Notification-

You must have Indian nationality with marital status unmarried.

Thank you!!!!!!
~gamble~
6th May 2014, 09:24 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You need to finish your graduation for getting into IMA Dehradun. You can join the Technical Entry scheme and university entry scheme. You can also join Indian Military Academy or Officers Training Academy after completion of graduation. There are medical and physical standards to be met for joining the Indian Army. Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the higher secondary examination and atleast, have 40% in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English. During the time of admission, he should be 17 1/2 years and must not be over 23 years of age. There will be a compulsory paper of Mathematics in the NDA Exam, conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
9th May 2014, 08:32 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You need to finish your graduation for getting into IMA Dehradun. You can join the Technical Entry scheme and university entry scheme. You can also join Indian Military Academy or Officers Training Academy after completion of graduation. There are medical and physical standards to be met for joining the Indian Army. Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the higher secondary examination and atleast, have 40% in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English. During the time of admission, he should be 17 1/2 years and must not be over 23 years of age. There will be a compulsory paper of Mathematics in the NDA Exam, conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?