21st September 2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

How to join IMA and what is the procedure for that?

sir, i am a b-tec(mech) student i want to join IMA what are the prosedeours for that

1st October 2012, 02:38 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join IMA and what is the procedure for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i am a b-tec(mech) student i want to join IMA what are the prosedeours for that
IMA stands for Indian Military Academy and to join IMA, You have to complete your graduate degree course and apply for the UPSC Combined Defence Services examination, this examination is conducted by UPSC, two times in a year and for IMA, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised university.

Your age should between 19 to 24 years to apply for IMA through CDS Examination.

If you are pursuing your final year degree course then you are eligible to apply for this examination. The notification is going to be published soon in the month of November this year, eligible and interested candidates are eligible to apply for this examination online from the official website.

When the notification published online registration will started and the application form is available in 2 parts and you have to fill both the parts completely.

To Join IMA, you have to cracked the UPSC CDS Examination.

The selection is based on written test followed by SSB interview and Medical test. Firstly you have to cracked the Written test, the test is objective with negative marking.

If you able to cracked the written test then you are eligible for SSB interview for final selection.

So, please prepared first for this examination and then apply for CDS to Join IMA, you can get more details from the official website of UPSC.
1st October 2012, 11:54 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

You are b.tech student now so first of all you have to complete your b.tech graduation then you are eligible for CDS(Combined Defence Service), which is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) two times in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

The candidate must have to complete graduation or any bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

Final year persuing candidate can also eligible for this exam.

The candidate must be physically fit.

Male and female both the candidates are eligible.

Age criteria:-

The age limits for Indian Military Academy is 19 years to 24 years,

There is no upper age relaxation for a reservation candidates.

Selection process:-

***Written test,

***Personal interview,

***Medical test.

For more details CLICK HERE

All the best.
18th March 2013, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

how tojoin IMA after finishing diploma in mechanical
24th July 2013, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

My eye sight is weak about 2.5moypia can i apply for cDS and i am a science student.
23rd October 2013, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

my aim in army, studying in BE(mechanical)3rd year, ncc cadet in annamali university,how to join IMA?, what procedure?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?