18th September 2011, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Air Force being a Biomedical Engineer?

i am biomedical engineer.i want going in indian air force ,please tell me process .how i can reach there

18th September 2011, 10:19 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force being a Biomedical Engineer?

The three branches of the Air force are
  • Flying,
  • Ground duty
  • and Technical branch.

The officer cadre provides opportunities for men with 10+2 / Intermediate (only in the Flying branch), graduates (all three branches), engineers (all three branches) and postgraduates (all branches except the Flying branch) in the various positions. Women with graduate (all three branches), engineering (all three branches) and post graduate degrees (all branches except the Flying branch) have openings as an Officer in the Air force.

So, you can apply air-force by applying through CDS else you can AFCAT entry exam for technical entry.....
18th September 2011, 11:21 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am biomedical engineer.i want going in indian air force
You can join the Indian Air Force by appearing for the CDS (Combined Defense Service) exam..

In order to be eligible for this exam you should be a graduate from science stream which you already are..

and you should be within the age-limit of 19-23 years..

you should have a perfect eyesight and should not be colorblind and should have a good health..

then you can join the Air Force Academy..

all the best
18th September 2011, 01:07 PM
kalu21

Dear,
About ISAM, Our President, IAM, Command Hospital Air Force, AFCME, No. ... Scientists from DRDO, civil doctors, Bio-medical engineers and members from abroad. Aerospace Medicine being multi-disciplinary, requires integration of not only ...
OK,
18th September 2011, 01:24 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

As you have already completed your graduation level,then you can apply for then you can get chance to take admission in Indian Army.

There are some selection procedure such as:

Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA)

According to the Eligibility Criteria:

Flying branch as pilot will be selected through Short Service Commission for men & women

i)19 to 23 years
ii)19 to 25 years for CPL Holders which is issued by DGCA ,India.
Upper age limit is relaxed up to 25 years.

Marital Status:
You have to be Single.

Nationality:
You have to be Indian

Men and women can apply for the examination.

Educational Qualifications

1:You have to be Graduate of 3 years course in any discipline from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

or
You should have a degree of BE / B Tech of 4 years course from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

2. Final year students can also apply,having no backlog and minimum 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year's semesters.

Generally,the notice is published in the month of March and September every year.

keep visiting the official site:http://careerairforce.nic.in
18th September 2011, 04:05 PM
praveendia

sorrt frd as airforce is only requires the engg branch candidates not medical engg candidate.bcoz engg are engage in different aircraft and other machinary which not possible by this degree.if ur age permit go for cds for pilot or groind duty
7th January 2012, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

can student having backlogs in B.tech can apply having aggregate more than 60%
23rd June 2012, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have completed b.e biomedical engineering this year itself. But ihad completed plus two from a vocational higher secondary there were only vocational subjects and physics, chemistry,no mathematics so idin't study mathematics in plus two level.so can join indian air force?
23rd June 2012, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have completed b.e biomedical engineering this year itself. But ihad completed plus two from a vocational higher secondary there were only vocational subjects and physics, chemistry,no mathematics so idin't study mathematics in plus two level.so can join indian air force?
24th June 2012, 01:44 AM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You can apply Air Force in three ways :-

N.D.A

C.D.S

Air force(N.D.A) :-

Qualification :-You should have completed 12th from a recognized university or equivalent qualification with physics and mathematics.There is no minimum marks required for this examination and those in the 12th examination can also apply for this examination.Your age should between 16.5 years to 19 years.

This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission two times in a year.

Indian Air force(C.D.S):-

Qualification :-You should have a graduate degree in engineering or bachelor degree from a recognized university(With Physics and Mathematics in the 12th level).There is no minimum marks for this examination and graduation is enough to appear for this examination.Your age should between 19 year to 23 years of age.

This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission two times in a year.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
29th September 2020, 07:24 AM
Unregistered

After diploma biomedical engineering I will join to Indian air force
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?