25th February 2011, 06:34 PM
miller gomes

How to join Indian Army as an Officer? What are the physical tests to be passed in Army?

What are the ways in which we can join army?
what are the physical tests in army?

25th February 2011, 09:47 PM
xavi

Default Re: How to join Indian Army as an Officer? What are the physical tests to be passed in Army?

freind hi,
]--the minimum eligibility for army selection is ..
--you should be 12th pass....ie. should be at-least 17yrs old.....
--so try for it when you cross 17th or your 12th standard board exams....

]--) you can......
1)join it as an sipahi after completing your 10th.
2) write the NDA exam after 12th and can become an officer .
3) write the CDS exam after completing your diploma or degree.

--Physical Standards : The applicant should fulfill the following physical standards -

Height should be 167 cms.

Weight should be 50 kgs.
Chest should be 77/82 cm.
The general health should be free from all the communicable, infectious disease, medical or surgical deformities.

all the best
20th March 2011, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Indian Army as an Officer? What are the physical tests to be passed in Army?

army officer trainings in detail ex-runing
29th March 2011, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

hi sir,

i m Rohit thapa and i m 24year old. and presently i m persuing B.B.A in hotel management. finnal year student. i want join indian army. so can u suggest me some thing..
9th April 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

my eyesight is not 6/6 i wear specks so can i join indian army ??
10th April 2011, 03:05 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to join Indian Army as an Officer? What are the physical tests to be passed in Army?

Hi friend,

You can join Indian army through two exams named as NATIONAL

DEFENCE ACADEMY or COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE.

For going through NDA exam you need 12th std and you can join as a

soldier. But to become a officer you must go through CDS exam for which you

must be degree holder(engineer for some fields).

The physical standards for joining army are as follows.

Height - 167 cms.

Weight - 50 kgs.

Chest - 77/82 cm

visual ability - Distant vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18
13th April 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

What does the cds exam compromise of?
13th April 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

CAN GIRLS ALSO JOIN NDA? PLEASE TELL THE STEPS FOR BECOMING AN INDIAN ARMY OFFICER?
14th May 2011, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

how to apply G.D.(general duty)? and what is physical qualification?
2nd June 2011, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

sir my birth date in 10/6/1985 army can not recoured this age but i like army what ican do plese tell me as time i work in mumbai post of accountent
14th June 2011, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is surbhi,myd.o.b is 11.03.93.i have done 3year diploma from e.c.e can i also join the army?
15th July 2011, 01:48 AM
Hegin

Will territorial army officer has the chance to become full time job/commissioned permanent, if so please tell us the complete process and when?
24th July 2011, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

I AM A.DILEEPKUMAR I AM STUDYING IN 2YEAR I HAVE INTEREST IN ARMY OFFICER WHAT ARE QUALIFICATIONS FOR EXAM PLEASE SEND REPLY
6th August 2011, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

sir.. my name is uman raj i am studying 11 th standard i want join in army..after finishing 12 th std ..what i should do next?
16th August 2011, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

sir,
I am shreya, b.com passed with 45% (2011) can i apply for CDS exam.
16th October 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I IMPROVE MY PHYSICAL STANDART TO JOIN INDIAN ARMY?
8th November 2011, 03:34 PM
sujit bhagat

hey sir i am the student of 12th pass how can i became army officer
1st December 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO JOIN INDIAN ARMY AS AN OFFICER?WHEN ARE THE PHYSICAL TEST TO BE PASSED IN ARYM?
2nd December 2011, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

I am a celiac disease patient.Do i have any constraint in joing Forces?
15th December 2011, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

what is citeria for eye sight for nda
7th January 2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Hai iam studing in 10th standard .now it self i got the fear about military selection
23rd January 2012, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

I'm rahul bairagi.
I'm graduate in B.A. stream.
I want to join army.
So plz sir/madem suggest me.
14th February 2012, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Res. Sir,

My self Manish Kaushik, i want to join Indian Army as a SOLDIER.
My height is 5'7 and weight is 55 kg. and i am 12th pass to commerce stream.

Sir/Madam plz suggest me, can i join Indian Army as a SOLDIER...

my emailid is: [email protected]
15th February 2012, 12:00 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

if you have good grip over mathematics than sure there is chance that you may get into
INDIAN ARMY.

You can apply in ARMY through the NDA Examination.

As in written examination you will have to solve around 200 MATHEMATICS questions
with in the 2 hours plus other general questions will also be there in entrance examination.

if YOU think that you have the mathematics solving skill than surely apply for this exam.

DETAIL ABOUT THE EXAM

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NDA EXAM

1,Students who have passed 10+2 OR Equivalent qualification are eligible for applying in NDA.
BUT
If you have done your 12th with compulsory subjects maths and physics than you are
Eligible to apply in all the branches – NAVY,ARMY,AIR FORCE.
OR
If you have done your class 12th with commerce or art stream than you are eligible for
ARMY only.

2, Students age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

3, unmarried male candidate are eligibile to apply .

Selection Procedure

The process of selecting cadets for the National Defence Academy is divided into three stages :

A written examination held by the Union Public Service Commission.

Subject Code Duration Max Marks
Mathematics 01 2 1/2 hours 300
General Ability 02 2 1/2 hours 600

Syllabus for Entrance Examination
• Paper I - Mathematics : (Maximum Marks 300)
Arithmetic, Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics.

• Paper II - General Ability
Part A - English (Maximum Marks 200)
Part B - General Knowledge (Maximum Marks 400)

Section A (Physics)

• Section B (Chemistry)

• Section C (General Science)

• Section D (History, Freedom Movement etc)

• Section E (Geography)

Section F (Current Event).
An interview by the Service Selection Board to assess a candidate's officer potentialities ( Intelligence and personality test ).

A medical examination by a Service Medical Board.
(you should be physically fit and you be able to fulfill the minimum physical fitness requirement set by service medical board for students applied for NDA)
17th February 2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

HI, MY SELF PRADIP I LEAVE IN BARANG I AM JUST FAT. MY AGE IS 19 MY DREAM TO JOIN ARMY I DO MY 3 CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME SUGEESTION.
20th June 2012, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

From with class i should join an acabemoi of the prpration of nda exam i am in sixth
9th August 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

is there possible to join Indian Army after completing B h m
8th October 2012, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

hallo sir
i am kapil. how can i join in in indian army as a captain after passing deggre.
29th April 2013, 05:41 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I am 20yrs old.. Completed my 12th in science with 84.33%.. I had to drop out of school cuz of my family problem.. I'm intrested in joining the Indian Army.
Is it possible?
29th May 2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my name is vijay..im 20 yrs old..doing my degree in B.E (ece- third year)..is there any written exam for cds..?? If so, please provide me the procedure to prepare for it..also kindly avail me the syllabus..
29th May 2013, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my name is vijay..im 20 yrs old..doing my degree in B.E (ece- third year)..is there any written exam for cds..?? If so, please provide me the procedure to prepare for it..also kindly avail me the syllabus..
27th December 2013, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

hi sir, i am pramod now my age is17 , height is 179 , weight is 52, , no eye sight ... i am eligible to nda or not.????????????
21st March 2014, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller gomes View Post
What are the ways in which we can join army?
what are the physical tests in army?
im joinig indiyan army job mo 8469776049 adrese at vangadra ta. umrala .dist bhavnagar std 10. paas s.s.c bord
28th December 2014, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

sir i am Gurdeep sharma. I am 17.5 years old. I have passed 12th in commerce side. so I want to join Indian army so plz help me you can tell me your msg on my mob. no. 9068180168 & my Email id is [email protected] plz give your responce soon.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?