1st May 2013, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Railways if I am 18 years old?

Sir,I am deepjyoti age 18 year 10 2 complete i want to join indian Railways plz gave maore information to my email id is..
[email protected]

12th June 2013, 02:10 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Railways if I am 18 years old?

Minimum age limit to join railways is 18 years. 12th passed candidates can try for the position of clerk or TTR. Ticket collector is another job position suitable for HSC holders. Selection is made through written test comprising questions on reasoning, mental ability, verbal ability, and GK. Job notification is made available through the web portal of RRB.
4th August 2020, 08:28 PM
deepikapandey9999

Default Re: How to join Indian Railways if I am 18 years old?

SeeIndian Railway is a vast organization having 12 different department.

Each Department has specific work. Some of the departments are

1.Engineering(biggest and powerful) related to civil work

2. Operating related to operation of train

3. Signal and Telecommunications

4. Finance

5. Mechanical

6. Commercial etc…

Now Different people has different qualification so one can apply for different post. There are 4 class of jobs for everyone in Railway. Namely Group A, B, C, D

Indian Railway will not recruit group A candidate directly. They come from UPSC. For group C and D indian railway has specific bpdy for recruitment RRC a nd RRB.

For group B, only way is promotion from Group C. Either by Seniority or by Departmental exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?