30th March 2016, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

How many seats are available in all IITs which is in India for getting M.Sc Maths admission?

How many seats are available in all IITs which is in India for getting M.Sc Maths admission? Can you please let me know the right details on this? It will be helpful if you can let me know how many seats are available in each IIT as well. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Good Books to prepare for GATE Exam for Mathematics? Can a M.Sc Maths candidate get good job in MNC? Number of seats in IITs for M.Sc Maths candidates? How many marks should be scored to get admission in IITs for M.Tech Maths?
  2. Am I eligible to do M.Tech Biotechnology after MSc in Botany? How much score should I score in GATE and MSc to take admission in IITs? How many seats are there in IITs for students of other universities?
  3. How to do MSc maths from IITs?
  4. Number of seats available for General student in Physics? Will the new IITs open for MSc this year?
  5. Syllabus of entrance exam of MSc Maths? How many seats are available?
  6. What are the total number of seats in IITS, NITS?
  7. How many seats are there in IITs in total? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I join any other course for M.Tech after doing IT? Number of seats available for M.Tech course in IITs? Which exams to be answered?
  9. What is the admission procedure in MSc Maths?
  10. What should I do after passing BSc Maths? Which is the best university in India?
  11. How to do MSc Maths after completing BSc computer science?
  12. How many seats are available for MSc(Maths) in Rajabazar Science College?
  13. M.Phil is also necessary after clearing NET to become a Lecturer?
  14. Number of seats for the candidates of OBC category for M.Tech course in IITs and NITs?
  15. Can I get admission in other states for lateral entry in government colleges? Do IITs and NITs provide admission through LET?
  16. What should I should between IIT and ITI?
  17. Is American High School Diploma recognized for studying in IIT?
  18. What is the total number of seats in IITs for M.Tech Biotech? GATE score required to take admission in IITs?
30th September 2016, 07:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many seats are available in all IITs which is in India for getting M.Sc Maths admission?

For pursuing M.Sc in Mathematics from IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ) you need to qualify IIT JAM examination and for appearing in the same you need to completed your bachelor's degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate ( in case of SC/ST and PWD category candidates ) with Mathematics as your core subject in at least two semesters of your bachelor's degree course from a recognized university.

As far as you are concerned about the total number of seats available for admission in M.Sc Mathematics degree then across all the IITs a total of 216 seats are available for General category candidates out of 448 seats.

For the exact seat details for various categories for admission in M.Sc degree course across different IITs I have attached the official seat matrix.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SeatMatrix.pdf(87.8 KB, 19 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?