18th January 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

How many times can I appear civil services exam if I have applied once but did not appear the exam?

i applied for ias exam last year but not appear . i am general but eligible 3times or not.

18th January 2011, 08:36 PM
prateek tyagi

Default Re: How many times can I appear civil services exam if I have applied once but did not appear the exam?

You can applied any no. of times if you are under age.
18th January 2011, 09:21 PM
IYER SUNDARESH

Default Re: How many times can I appear civil services exam if I have applied once but did not appear the exam?

Yes, you can apply civil services exam as long as you are not failed in the exam. If you apply 5 times also it doesn't bother, but if you fail 1 time also it bothers a lot.
so you can apply for second time
18th January 2011, 09:40 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: How many times can I appear civil services exam if I have applied once but did not appear the exam?

Dear friend,

I think the general candidate can appear only three times and SC/ST candidate can appear any number of times in civil services exam.

As you have mentioned that you have applied but not appeared in the exam, so do not worry your this chance will not be counted.

All the best.
18th January 2011, 09:50 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Number of limits of IAS exam:-
1) There are some limits on number of attempts to appear for IAS exams.
2) These are different for different categories - OBC-7, General-4, SC/ST-No restriction.
3) Physically handicapped have no different number of attempts available.They can make attempts depending on the category they belong to.
4) In case a candidate fails to attend preliminary exam, it will not be counted as an attempt.

So can attempt now total 4 number of times.Since you applied but didnt appeared for the preliminary exam.

Best Wishes..........
18th January 2011, 10:07 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

As you have applied last year for Civil Services exam so your one attempt is lapsed.
You can now apply three more times for the exam provided that you fulfill the other
eligibility criteria.

For any further information you should visit www.upsc.gov.in
18th January 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

you have 4 chances to appeared but you dint appeared so i guess you have 3 more chances:)
18th January 2011, 10:39 PM
J.SHEELA
Junior Member+

Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3
Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3
iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
18th January 2011, 10:48 PM
daxter

Hi Dear,

* If you belong to the “Open Category” you can give the exam 4 times maximum!
* If you belong to the “OBC” you can give the exam 7 times.
* If you belong to the “SC/ST” you can give the exam as many times as you want. There is no restriction on the number of times!

BEST OF LUCK
18th January 2011, 11:05 PM
apongtaku

How many times can I appear civil services exam if I have applied once but did not appear the exam? where i can get ssc je civil previous year solved paper?
18th January 2011, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Definition of lens?
18th January 2011, 11:12 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The basic rule is that you can apply only 4 times. So since you have applied once you have only 3 more chances. It does not matter whether you have appeared for the exam or not. The count is based on the number of application. You should not bother about the how many more attempts left. Work hard to clear in the first attempt.
19th January 2011, 05:24 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You yourself have wasted an opportunity by applying and not writing the exam.

I don't the category you are from. But these are the maximum number of attempts one can attempt for civil services.

Maximum of 4 times for candidates of General category
Maximum of 7 times for candidates of OBC
No limit for candidates of SC/ST.

In order to eligible for the exam, your age should be in between 21-30.

I suggest you to prepare well for the next attempt and if you feel that you have not completed or covered the entire syllabus and still so much to complete, then better don't apply. Why because once you have applied whether you appear for the exam or not, it will be counted and the remaining number of attempts will be low.
19th January 2011, 07:30 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

If you don't fail in the exam then you can apply for 3 more times provided you have to satisfy all other eligibility criteria.
For further information you may visit:www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck......
19th January 2011, 04:18 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

If you have applied once for civil services exam but you have not appeared for it then i think it will not be counted as one attempt.

As per UPSC notification a maximum of 4 attempts is permitted to every general category candidate provided you are still under the age limit.

You should be mentally ready for several attempts as cracking the Civil Services Exams is a tough nut to crack the first time around; and if you do qualify you may want to attempt again to improve your ranking and therefore your service allotment.
19th January 2011, 04:42 PM
abhimanyu2688

you have 4 attempts to clear civil services exam if you belongs to general category and the maximum age limit is 30 years.
if you belong to sc/st category there is no limit of maximum attempts and maximum age limit is 35 years.
and if you belong to obc category number of attempts are 7 and maximum age limit is 33 years.
so in your case you have still 4 attempts left because you didnt attended the exam, as you have not wasted your number of attempt.
19th January 2011, 06:04 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i applied for ias exam last year but not appear . i am general but eligible 3times or not.
there is no limit on number of attempts for ias exam but there is age limit of 21 to 30 years. so as long as you are in that age limit, you will be eligible for giving the exam
best of luck
28th February 2011, 11:19 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Number of attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible, will be as follows
General category (04); P.H. candidates belonging to general category (07); OBC (07); SC/ST/ (no limit)

For complete details
http://www.upsc.gov.in
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
15th March 2011, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

How many times can I appear civil services exam if I have applied once but did not appear the exam AND I AM LAST YEAR APPLIY FOR EXAM BUT NOT NOT ATTENT MY CIVIL SERVICES EXAM AND I AM HOW MANY TIME APPEAR THIS EXAM?
19th June 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
The basic rule is that you can apply only 4 times. So since you have applied once you have only 3 more chances. It does not matter whether you have appeared for the exam or not. The count is based on the number of application. You should not bother about the how many more attempts left. Work hard to clear in the first attempt.
@imira you dont have the knowledge.pls dont' misguide anyone. it would not be counted as an attempt.
have you yourself has applied for it ever??? i doubt
28th January 2012, 03:02 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI,
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.A.S exam

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)
6th February 2012, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

how much times a candidate appears civil service examinatilon
6th February 2012, 10:46 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Yes you can apply for Civil Services examination for next year provided that your age is above 21years and below 30years. The number of attempts allowed to appear in Civil Service examination is 4 for open category and 7 for SC/ST category candidates.

Thus, you are eligible 3 more times for appearing in the examination. Missing one exam is not a problem.
6th February 2012, 11:19 PM
prince222

Don’t worry if you have not appeared for the test u still have 4 attempts left (if u belong to UR category) otherwise u have 7 attempts left.
7th February 2012, 11:18 AM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Indian Administration Service exam is held once in year is conducted by UPSC.

Minimum Eligibility for IAS exam

Minimum Qualification
1.Graduated from recognized university in any discipline.
2.final year student can also apply.

Age should be between
21 to 30 years for General category candidates
21to 33 year for OBC category candidates
21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:
4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.

first one is preliminary exam (it is objective type exam)
second is main exam (Question to be answer in length)
third is personal interview

Clearing one will get you to another level exam.

For more info,
www.upsc.gov.in
16th May 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am an IAS aspirant,planning to write prelims in the year 2013.
if i have qualified in prelims exams and not qualified in the mains exam,whether i need to re write the prelims exam in the next year or continue with the mains?????
please reply me sir,i am waiting 4 ur reply
29th July 2012, 09:25 PM
samatha89
Member+

Number of limits of IAS exam:-
1) There are some limits on number of attempts to appear for IAS exams.
2) These are different for different categories - OBC-7, General-4, SC/ST-No restriction.
3) Physically handicapped have no different number of attempts available.They can make attempts depending on the category they belong to.
4) In case a candidate fails to attend preliminary exam, it will not be counted as an attempt.

So can attempt now total 4 number of times.Since you applied but didnt appeared for the preliminary exam.

all the best.....
12th March 2013, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

if i will pass preliminary exam,but fail in main,can i attend preliminary again
12th March 2013, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

i pass preliminary exam,but fail in main, can i attend preliminary again
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?