2nd July 2015, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Can B.com students with 58% marks apply for Custom Excise Department?

Sir, i have completed my B.Com with 58%. Am i eligible for Custom Excise Department?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Custom Excise Department being a candidate having completed Graduation with Commerce with 50% of marks?
  2. How to get job in Custom and excise department after B.Com and CMA?
  3. What should I do for career in Custom Excise at Airport?
  4. What is the eligibility to apply for the post of custom/excise officer?
  5. How to apply for jobs in excise department after passing 12th medical with 96%?
  6. What kind of job can I get after passing CS final? I am 22 years old
  7. How may I find a job in custom department after completing B.Com? What is the age criteria for entrance test?
  8. What is the date of the entrance exam for Custom and Excise Department? What is the eligibility criteria to appear for the exam?
  9. Can I get Job in Custom or Excise Department having completed B.Com and CA Inter?
  10. How to apply for Excise Department?
  11. Are there any jobs in government excise department for Arts graduates?
  12. Jobs available in government excise department at the age of 31 years(Commerce Graduate)?
  13. Syllabus and study material to prepare for Custom/Excise inspector exam -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can a B.Com final year student be eligible to apply for SSC Income Tax/Excise/Custom Inspector Exam? Minimum percentage required in graduation to apply for the same?
  15. Is there any good job in custom department after completing BSc? How to apply for that post?
  16. Detailed information about Custom Officer, Income Tax Officer and Excise Officer exams?
  17. Procedure to get into Excise Department?
  18. How to work in Custom department if I am a ICWAI qualified person?
3rd July 2015, 09:10 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can B.com students with 58% marks apply for Custom Excise Department?

Yes you can apply for Custom and Excise department with B.Com. But actually there is No requirement of percentage for this type of Exams. So don't need to be tensed.

Once you cleared the Written Examination ( Prelims and Mains)then you go for another round called as " Interview " . There you will be asked about the Percentage in B.Com by Interview Panel.

Then you can give a answer with honesty. Thus you will get a job in Central government jobs.

For further details you can see the below eligibility criteria.

>> You should complete graduation at least from the recognized University.

>> Age should be in between 20 to 28 years for Central and Excise departments.

>> Final year candidates of graduation can also eligible to apply for these exams.
3rd July 2015, 12:55 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can B.com students with 58% marks apply for Custom Excise Department?

Yes, you are eligible to get the job after pursuing the B.Com.

To get the job you need to qualify in the SSC CGL examination. The examination is conducted by the SSC every year. The last date for the 2015 application is closed ans the examination is conducted in the month of August.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidate age must be between 18-27 years and relaxation in age for the different category candidate.

So you have to wait for the next year to appear in the examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and it is mandatory to qualify in each of them for the final selection. These are Tier- I , Tier-II and the Interview.

The application form or notification are released in the month of May and June. So for infomation regarding the examination schedule visit at the official website www.ssconline.nic.in
3rd July 2015, 06:07 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a B.Com. student can apply for Custom Excise Department . One who wishes to join Custom Excise Department has to appear for the Civil Services Exam .

UPSC conducts civil services exam for recruitment in Indian Revenue Services(Customs and Central Excise).

The eligibility required to become a Custom Officer are following:-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India .

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.The candidate who are pursuing final year of their degree course can also apply for the exam. There is no restriction on percentage of marks secured in Graduation degree .

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The civil services exam comprises of

* Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)

*Civil Services Main Exam

*Personality Test.
3rd July 2015, 08:58 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam for the various posts of government of India like Tax inspector, Central excise inspector etc.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidate age limit should be 18-27 years of age.

* Candidates should have minimum qualification of bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university or institution.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should secure minimum of 55% of marks in their qualifying examination.

Selection of candidates is based on three stages of examination.

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Interview.
3rd July 2015, 09:05 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, B.Com candidates who have secured 58% marks are eligible to apply for Custom Excise Department. To become Custom Excise officer in "CBEC" (Central Board of Excise and Customs) Department you are required to write "Combined Graduate Level" Examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission. There is NO CERTAIN MINIMUM PERCENTAGE is required to be eligible for Staff Selection Commission CGL Examination. So you are of course eligible to apply for Custom Excise Department with the Educational Qualification and Percentage you have secured. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. "Candidates who have PASSED the qualifying Examination" are eligible to appear in this recruitment examination and there is no certain percentage is required. Since you have successfully passed B.Com from a recognized university, you are certainly eligible to apply for SSC CGL (Custom Excise Department).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?