20th January 2010, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

How many years a candidate should reside in Karnataka to be considered as Karnataka resident?

How many yrears should a candidate study/reside in karnataka to be considered as karnataka resident.

Related Questions:
  1. Andhra Pradesh students can write KCET 2015?
  2. Can I be eligible for KCET for government seat in MBBS?
  3. Will I be considered under Karnataka quota for taking admission in medical colleges of Karnataka? I am pursuing my schooling from AP, but my father had studied in Karnataka for 6 years
  4. Fee structure of B.E lateral entry course for non resident Karnataka student? How much rank required to join Government Karnataka Colleges?
  5. Being Andhra Pradesh candidate can I appear in KCET 2015 if my mother belongs to Karnataka?
  6. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET? I'm a resident of mangalore in Karnataka and done schooling(CBSE) from Karnataka. How may I get application form and fee structure?
  7. Am I eligible to write the CET of Karnataka after completing diploma in Karnataka while not being a resident of Karnataka?
  8. Can I apply for COMEDK-PGET if born and studying in Mumbai but my parents are resident of Karnataka?
  9. Requirements for Lateral Entry in B.E. course. for outsiders? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Admission in Engineering colleges of Karnataka through Lateral Entry Scheme? Procedure to be followed as a non resident of Karnataka?
  11. Am I eligible to write the CET of Karnataka after completing 12th in Tamilnadu but residing in Karnataka?
  12. Am I eligible for KCATE against vaccancies vacancies of Karnataka for MBBS? I'm a student of science preparting for Medical outside Karnataka
  13. What is the eligibility for Karnataka CET
  14. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET entrance exam? I have not studied in Karnataka but my mother has residential of Karnataka
  15. What's the Eligibility criteria for CET entrance exam in Karnataka? Is a candidate completed SSLC in Karnataka and her IST and II puc studying in Maharashtra but residing in Karnataka, eligible for the same?
  16. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET(Medical) exam? I've done my 10th from karnataka and want to do my 12th from outside karnataka
  17. Can I apply for CET Exam under Karnataka state being not a resident of Karnataka?
  18. CTET is considered less valuable than Karnataka Teachers recruitment? -- [New]
17th May 2013, 10:35 AM
siddjain93

Default Re: How many years a candidate should reside in Karnataka to be considered as Karnataka resident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many yrears should a candidate study/reside in karnataka to be considered as karnataka resident.
Dear friend,

In order to become resident of Karnataka you should have completed your 12th class from Karnataka state. In most of the engineering entrance exams there is some quota for home state candidates. This home state quota is given to the candidates who have completed 12th class from that state. So, if you have completed 12th class from Karnataka state college then you will be given a home state quota in the engineering college of Karnataka state.

So, you should reside atleast 2 years in Karnataka and you should complete your 11th and 12th class from karnataka state to become a Karnataka state resident.
1st October 2018, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How many years a candidate should reside in Karnataka to be considered as Karnataka resident?

Sir I have studied 1 to 10th in Andhra Pradesh. Later I have studied PUC in Karnataka State. I have qualified NEET exam and attended for certificate verification in Andhra. At that time they told me that I belong to Non- Local. How far is this right? Then what is local status? Please give me reply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?