1st October 2011, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

How may I pursue PhD in English after a gap of sixteen years since my MA?

I did my M.A. in English long back and have been serving as a PGT in Government of Arunachal Pradesh for more than sixteen years..I now want to do my Ph.D.Can I do this now ?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  2. Am I exempted to attend entrance exam for study PhD if completed M.Phil in English Language? Where should I pursue PhD?
  3. How can I get admission to study PhD in English if secured 50% in M.A.(English) being a 52 years old candidate?
  4. Possibility to study PhD in English for a candidate who has secured 51% in M.A.?
  5. From which universities can I do Ph.D in English?
  6. List of universities which offer PhD(English) course to M.A. postgraduate in India? Previous years question papers for Panjab University and JNU PhD entrance exams?
  7. List of universities which offer PhD(English) course to M.A. postgraduate in India? Previous years question papers for Panjab University and JNU PhD entrance exams?
  8. Universities offering PhD in English to Pre-University Teacher in Karnataka?
  9. Pursuing PhD in Microbiology at the age of 36 years after a long gap?
  10. How to apply for Ph.D in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Where can I pursue PhD in mraketing at Ahmedabad?
  12. Worthy universities to do PhD in English?
  13. Whether to go for M.Phill first or rather should apply for PhD directly?
  14. Gap after post graduation is a problem for pursuing PhD from foreign?
  15. Universities offering PhD in English Literature with stipend
  16. List of universities offering PhD in English in India? Procedure to apply? -- [New]
  17. Which college I can get Graduated after 3 years gap from completing 12th grade?
  18. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English?
27th August 2018, 02:18 PM
Kapil81504

Default Re: How may I pursue PhD in English after a gap of sixteen years since my MA?

Yes, you can do your Phd after a career break. It totally depends upon your requirement because Phd takes approximately 4 years. Phd is a training to become researcher and if you want to do research then go for it but if you just want to increase your career opportunities then your experience will work better for you.
For admission you have to that what you are doing in that time period to university. Also their are higher chance to get easily admission if try some not small university like GJU Hissar, Haryana etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?