16th June 2015, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study PhD in English for a candidate who has secured 51% in M.A.?

Hello,
Actually I have done my M.A. in English and I want to pursue PhD in English from any recognised university of India with the percentage of 51 only. Please guide me and tell me is it possible for me or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study PhD in Chemistry if secured 4093 rank in GATE being a SC candidate?
  2. Eligibility to study PhD in Management in Pune University for a candidate who has secured 52.7% in M.Sc?
  3. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  4. Possibility to study PhD in Management in Abroad for MBA candidate?
  5. How can I get admission to study Distance PhD in English course being a Lecturer after completing M.Phil?
  6. How can I do Ph.D? How to select subjects? I've secured 54.9% marks in M.A(English)
  7. Possibility to do PhD for a candidate who has secured 170 rank in CSIR-NET-JRF(Chemical Science)?
  8. List of colleges which offer Part Time PhD in English course in Bangalore? Admission procedure and fee expenses?
  9. Possibility to study ICSI course for a candidate who has secured 46% in B.Com?
  10. Eligibility to study Ph.D program for a general candidate who has secured 48% in M.Com?
  11. Detailed information and eligibility to study PhD in English in IGNOU, Kanpur for a candidate who has completed M.A.(English) from University of Jammu?
  12. Can I get admission to study PhD in English in Auxilium College, Vellore being a 48 years old candidate?
  13. Possibility to study MS in USA for a candidate who has secured 58% in M.Pharmacy?
  14. Where should I do PhD in English as a private candidate?
  15. Eligibility to get admission to study PhD in English in SV University for M.Phil candidate who has 6 years of Teaching experience in Government High School?
  16. Possibility to study B.Ed for a candidate who has secured 41% in B.A.? List of universities for admission?
  17. Possibility to study Diploma in Banking program for a candidate who has secured 42% in 12th?
  18. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English? -- [Most Discussed]
17th June 2015, 05:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study PhD in English for a candidate who has secured 51% in M.A.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Actually I have done my M.A. in English and I want to pursue PhD in English from any recognised university of India with the percentage of 51 only. Please guide me and tell me is it possible for me or not?
You have completed M.A in English with above 51% so you are not eligible for Ph.D in English.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria. Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?