14th July 2018, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

How much stipend amount is offered to PhD(History) students?

Hello friends, I am planning to study PhD in History course. I want to do PhD with stipend. So, I would like to know that how much amount I will get i stipend? Kindly tell me about the amount as soon as possible. Thank you!

16th July 2018, 07:24 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much stipend amount is offered to PhD(History) students?

Stipend to do PhD in History:

It's really a good idea to pursue Ph.D course in History. There are many students who have done Bachelors and Masters in History but, there is lack of students who are pursuing or interested to pursue Ph.D in History. And, we all know that more higher studies, more chances of getting good jobs. So, you can become a lecturer in college or can continue your research further after completing Ph.D .

The stipend amounts is given by many funding agencies like UGC, ICMR etc.. The amount is 25000/month for duration of two years (JRF) then 28000/month for next three years (SRF).

Best Universities to do Ph.D in History:

>> Delhi University
Benito Juarez Rd, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110021

>> University of Madras
Navalar Nagar, Chepauk, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005

>> Calcutta University
87/1, College St, Calcutta University, College Square, Kolkata, West Bengal 700073
16th July 2018, 10:11 PM
somany3116

Amount of stipend differs from course to course and For Ph.D in History, as of Know there is no stipend paid to the candidate.
For various other Ph.D programs stipend starting from 12k, 14k and so on.
16th July 2018, 10:13 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> Ph.D. History or Doctor of Philosophy in History is a Doctorate level History course.

=> The duration of this course is three years.

=> For this course candidate must have passed post graduation with at least 55% from a recognized board.

As per my knowledge, the stipend amount is offered to PhD(History) students is 25000/month for duration of two years (JRF) then 28000/month for next three years (SRF).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?