29th March 2011, 02:37 PM
suganyakumar

How to preapre for software companies in 1st year of Engineering? Expectation from a engineering fresher?

how to prepare myself from my first year of BE graduation to enter into a software company before end of my graduation.what the HR expect in a curriculum vitae of the fresher.

Related Questions:
  1. Physics model test solutions of papers?
  2. IT jobs with 58 % in Engineering
  3. How to apply for jobs in core companies like LG, Videocon, Samung, Sony as a fresher after final year Electronics Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. List of companies which offer Internship to B.Tech(Software Engineering) 1st year student?
  5. Companies offering Summer Internship to B.Tech(Software Engineering) 1st year student in Patna?
  6. Is it possible for me to get a software job with 61% marks in B.Tech Mechanical engineering?
  7. Can i find software companies jobs after completing MBA IT?
  8. PTU M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering 1st Sem- Advanced Software Engineering Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  9. Job in software companies for a candidate secured 75% and 81% in 1st and 2nd year respectively of Polytechnic?
  10. Companies offering job for B.Tech fresher who has lot of backlogs?
  11. Should I opt for job or go for further studies after completion of my engineering in CSE?
  12. Best career course after completing computer science?
  13. How to approach software companies for industrial visit in them?
  14. How should I enter into Aeronautics Companies being a Fresher of BE in Aeronautical Engineering? What courses can I do to make entry into Aeronautics Companies?
  15. Companies offering summer internship to 1st year civil engineering students?
  16. Companies for Internship course for Electrical engineering after 1st year?
  17. Can I become a Software Engineer in good companies if secured 80% in Diploma Software Engineering?
  18. List of companies which provides internship for 1st year civil engineering students? -- [New]
29th March 2011, 03:32 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to preapre for software companies in 1st year of Engineering? Expectation from a engineering fresher?

Hello Friend,

Eligibility criteria for software companies in following organizations such as TCS, INFOSYS, IBM, SATYAM, WIPRO etc. are as follows: -

1. Pass B.E. or B.Tech. or B.Sc or MCA or M.E. or M.Tech. or M.S. or M.Sc. with minimum 65 % aggregate marks from a recognized institute / university.

2. No standing backlogs are allowed.

3. GAP should not be more than 02 years in the education.

4. M.Tech. and MCA students having minimum 3 years experience.

5. 10 th & 12 th standard - Minimum 60 % aggregate marks from a recognized board.

Good Luck
29th March 2011, 08:26 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to preapre for software companies in 1st year of Engineering? Expectation from a engineering fresher?

hi..
the very basic thing that you have to do to get into the software companies is to maintain an good average through out your graduation,
you should maintain an minimum percentage of around 80% to ensure your selection,
also you should have little practice of the aptitude question because the written test of all the companies are in aptitude questions only,
also you should try to participate in many activities like sports and debates and elocutions because this will surely in building your image in front of the interviewer,
also participate in organization of various technical and cultural programs because this will certainly enhance your management abilities in front of the interviewer,
30th March 2011, 02:31 PM
rajilakshman

http://www.ofb.net/~niniane/interview_howto.html

this link will really help you

check out

its very necessary to maintain a good academic scores.., knowledge in aptitude, problem solving skills
30th March 2011, 10:59 PM
suganyakumar

Smile Re: How to preapre for software companies in 1st year of Engineering? Expectation from a engineering fresher?

Thank you for your reply. i will take this seriously and work more and prepare myself from my first year.
30th March 2011, 11:08 PM
suganyakumar

what books r to be preferred for aptitude test?
31st March 2011, 12:32 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
As per my knowledge-
Eligibility criteria for software companies in following organizations such as TCS, INFOSYS, IBM, SATYAM, WIPRO etc. are as follows: -

1. Pass B.E. or B.Tech. or B.Sc or MCA or M.E. or M.Tech. or M.S. or M.Sc. with minimum 65 % aggregate marks from a recognized institute / university.

2. No standing backlogs are allowed.

3. GAP should not be more than 02 years in the education.

4. M.Tech. and MCA students having minimum 3 years experience.

5. 10 th & 12 th standard - Minimum 60 % aggregate marks from a recognized board.

Thanks.
All the best.
31st March 2011, 09:32 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to preapre for software companies in 1st year of Engineering? Expectation from a engineering fresher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suganyakumar View Post
what books r to be preferred for aptitude test?
RECOMMENDED BOOKS FOR APTITUDE

-> R. S. Agarwal is one of the good books to prepare for aptitude for placements, bank exam and other competitive exam...

-> Some of the other recommended books for aptitude are as follows...

Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations
Price - Rs. 395
To buy Online CLICK HERE!!!

Test Your Numerical Aptitude (How To Assess Your Numeracy Skills And Plan Your Career)
Price - Rs. 175

Ultimate Aptitude Tests (Assess Your Potential With Aptitude, Motivational (Over 1,000 Practice Tests))
Price - Rs. 195

Quantitative Aptitude
Price - Rs. 342

-> To prepare for aptitude online CLICK HERE!!!
31st March 2011, 05:40 PM
kunal4win

Eligibility criteria for software
companies in following
organizations such as TCS,
INFOSYS, IBM, SATYAM, WIPRO etc.
are as follows: - 1. Pass B.E. or B.Tech. or B.Sc or
MCA or M.E. or M.Tech. or M.S. or
M.Sc. with minimum 65 %
aggregate marks from a
recognized institute / university. 2. No standing backlogs are
allowed. 3. GAP should not be more than
02 years in the education. 4. M.Tech. and MCA students
having minimum 3 years
experience. 5. 10 th & 12 th standard -
Minimum 60 % aggregate marks
from a recognized board.
4th November 2011, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

hii sir i dng engineering from gtu:but sir i have 3 blocks till: im presently in 3rd sem: but i m excellence in other activities &gud personality: is am eliglible for job at repued institute
7th August 2012, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 58% in 12th std,am i eligible for software company?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?