14th April 2013, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for CAT exam of English Honors?

respected sir/mam
i am a student who has just given board xam of 12th cls please suggest me how to prepare for cat exam of english honors

15th April 2013, 05:28 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for CAT exam of English Honors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir/mam
i am a student who has just given board xam of 12th cls please suggest me how to prepare for cat exam of english honors
Hi

I think you are confused between CAT and CATE. As you might know that CAT - Common Admission Test and its basically an Entrance exam for the MBA Courses. However on the other hand, CATE is Common Admission Test for English and its conducted by Delhi University to give admission to students for the English Honors.

CATE is conducted every year and its got a special pattern of the exam. You would be tested on the questions such as how much you know about famous books and their writers, comprehension, grammar and etc..other such topics. So I would give you some tips for the same.

-> Read newspapers

-> Polish your grammar and see if you are making any mistakes anywhere. If you are, then rectify it.

-> Talk in English so that you can learn this language even better

-> Be aware about the famous and epic books and their writers. Also know about the usage of articles.

Whatever marks you score in your Class 12th board exams would be considered 30% and 70% score would be of your performance in the CATE Entrance EXAM. Thus you can very well understand that if you have to get admission in a good college in Delhi University then you must have got good marks in your Class 12th as well as score good in the CATE Exam..

Eligibility Criteria just says that you should be a minimum 12th pass/appeared from a recognized school. You must have also scored atleast 60% aggregate in your CLASS 12th boards and also have 60% or more marks in the best of 4 which would be counted.

As such the University has not rolled out any specific syllabus for this exam except for the fact that it would be testing candidates on General English knowledge and paragraph writing. So your vocabulary should also be very good and upto the mark..

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
15th April 2013, 10:04 PM
k chanchal
Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for CAT exam of English Honors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir/mam
Hello Aspirant,

CAT means common Admission Test for MBA in IIMS.It is on the basis of graduation.

Where as CATE is combined Aptitude Test for English conducted by Delhi University every year for giving admission in English Honours in graduation.I think you are interested for this exam because you are not graduate now.

Eligibility:- Those who has at least 60% marks in English in 12th of cbse & best of four papers studied can apply.

Since this test on the basis of 12th standard,you must be good in English Grammar,Letter & easy writing .

You should take care of communication skill in English,
Be aware about the famous and epic books and their writers.,Go through standard English news papers & learn the phrases & new words.

Have patience & prepare well.

Good luck.
2nd April 2014, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for CAT exam of English Honors?

i just gave my 12th board exam ... i wnt to do english honors and any foreign language.. so i m really confused.. what should i do? for english do i need to have some kind of coaching right now or what?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?