10th September 2011, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare to get jobs after the completion of B.Tech?

after fourth year completed how to prepare jobs?
i did btech and trying for jobs.

10th September 2011, 04:23 PM
Tulasinagababu

Default Re: How to prepare to get jobs after the completion of B.Tech?

Engineering is a vast field which includes many specializations. Aspirants interested in this engineering field can choose the specializations according to their interest and career goals. A course in engineering can be done in undergraduate, postgraduate and in doctoral levels. Many career opportunities are available for the engineering professionals and one can get into lucrative jobs after graduation in any discipline.

B.Tech in Computer science course is one such field at undergraduate level. Those who have pursued higher secondary education in any science subjects can join for this course. The admission to the colleges or universities will be based on the entrance examinations carried out at State level or at National level. The course focuses on the development of different areas such as software and its applications, hardware, networking, etc.
Aspirants can choose either higher study options or find a job after the successful completion of B.Tech in Computer science. If one would like to begin with a job they can perform in various roles such as programmer, software developer, systems analyst, etc. Both public and private sector firms intake these professionals. If they choose for continuing studies they can go for Master degree course, i.e. M.Tech in related subject or for the management courses like MBA.
There is an ample scope for the post graduates in this field in many reputed companies with high positions. Ph.D is another option after post graduation in Computer science. There are chances for them in the teaching field also. They can join in universities or colleges as professors, lecturers, assistant professor, etc.
Jobs in Government Sector
The government sector provides numerous job opportunities for these professionals. The qualified candidates can take part in the competitive examinations carried out by UPSC or State PSCs for different jobs. The candidates clearing these examinations will be posted to various departments of government services in related fields. They can also appear for the examinations organized by SSC, Defence sectors, railway departments, public sector banks, etc.
The various job prospects for these professionals are

* Domain Consultants
* Industries Officer (Technical)
* IT Manager
* Jr. Software Developer
* Software Engineer
* System Engineers
* Team Leads/ Architect
* Technology Analyst

Central Government Jobs after B.Tech in Computer Science
The central government sectors also offer many opportunities for the computer science professionals nowadays. For the recruitment of skillful candidates in diverse jobs in various departments, the central government holds a range of examinations. Computer science graduates can get into these jobs by appearing in the entrance examinations. They can apply for the civil service posts like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. apart from other central government jobs.
Some of the central government sectors where these professionals can find jobs are

* Indian Railway under Signal Section
* BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited)
* ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization)
* DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization)
* ECIL (Electronic Cooperation of India Limited)
* AAI (Airport Authority of India)
* SAIL (Steel Authority of India)
* RRB (Railway Recruitment Board)
* UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)
* CDS (Combined Defense Service)

Jobs in Indian Railways after B.Tech in Computer Science
The Railway departments also organize many entrance examinations for the intake of qualified candidates in the railway sectors. The aspirants can work under the signal section in Indian railways, in RRB, etc. The computer science graduates can perform in these fields as

* Technical assistant
* Computer operator

How to prepare for all these exams?
The strong knowledge of fundamentals is the basic thing needed for the candidates to appear in these examinations. Also they should have the clear idea about the syllabus of the examination first. The best method to prepare for these examinations is to divide the syllabus into small sections depending on the level of difficulty in each subject. They can finish the easy sections first and then move to the tough parts. By following this way, they can cover the entire portions before the examination. They can refer some good guides that are available in the market. Another important factor is that they must collect the previous questions as much as they can and solve them out. Time management is also important. Attending the coaching classes for these competitive examinations will help more for them.

A CSE student can get into:

• Civil Services if he/she wants to become IAS,IPS,IFS officers
• Govt Aided companies like
o BHEL(Bharath Heavy Electronics Limited)
o ECIL (Electronics Corporation of India Limited)
o HAL(Hindustan Aeronautics Limited)
• If interested in Research organisations he/she can get into ISRO,NASA and DRDO and many more

Except for IES(Indian Engineering Services), he/she is eligible for most of the exams
10th September 2011, 05:45 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

You have not mentioned about the field in which you belong.
There are several kinds of jobs.
Generally to get a job you have to go through the stages:
1. Written Test.
2. Personal Interview.
To get qualify for the written test you have to practice aptitude, reasoning, puzzles etc.
You must have a good knowledge about your technical background.
Communication Skill is also a factor.
Thank you.
10th September 2011, 06:08 PM
chandan0891

you must need to reguster in a gud site and update your resume if u r from it then i think no trouble for u u can get job through off campus
6th November 2011, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

i completed my b.tech.with c.s.e degree.i got 59.25% i didnot have no idea what to do next.so plz give me suggestion.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?