9th April 2011, 06:52 PM
Nvavjot Kaur

How to prepare for IAS exam after 12th?

can you tell me How to prepare for IAS exam after 12th?

thanks

10th April 2011, 08:27 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after 12th?

IAS exams are conducted by UPSC.You must have Graduation degree from a regocnized university to appear for this exam.
So,complete your Graduation degree after 12th.There is not any restriction of choosing stream or subjects for your degree.

Tips for IAS preparation:
  1. Choose subjects which have availability of books, reading material and guidance.
  2. Reading newspapers, watching TV news and of course quiz shows like KBC is a must.
  3. Enhance your communication skills,Practice & see previous years questions papers
ALL THE BEST!!

Regards
~Kapila~
4th May 2011, 05:11 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IAS exam after 12th?

As you're just a student of 12th don't need concentrate that seriously on the preparation for IAS you just need to have this attitude that is

you should do these things so that they will help you when you start your orginal preparation

->follow all the news paper daily's get updated with all the issues do the deep research and make some points and maintain some note book

->Current affairs is also a very important section you should get updated in all areas like

politics

sports

entertainment and

what not everything

this about the strategy that a year student must follow

When you perfectly start your preparation for IAS then

then the preparation plan must be like this

Preparation for IAS can be done in different way according to the tastes and preference of the individual

each and every individual will have different methods and techniques to achieve their respective goals..

but very important fact is all the plans will have the following main qualities..

-> You should strongly determine towards your goal..

-> You should be well aware of what the syllabus and pattern..

-> You should also be hard working and also a smart planner of the preparation..

-> you should make smart plans according to the time available for the exam

This is all about the preparation tips

Regards

~AdityA~
4th May 2011, 05:31 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
The Civil Service Examination, conducted for recruitment of IAS/IPS officials, is not a very easy one to crack. To qualify the exam, you will have to work hard in organised manner. Since, you have just qualified your +2 level of examination, you have sufficient time in your hand, because as per UPSC, you must be a graduate to be eligible for the exam and hence, you have got three years for that.
So,the very first thing one should know is the format of the exam. The civil service exam comprises of two written examination and an interview.
The first stage of the written exam is known as preliminary exam which will be based on Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT). The CSAT will have two compulsory papers.
After qualifying the CSAT, you will be eligible to write the Main exam, which comprises of both compulsory and optional papers.

The preparation for both written examination should be done according to there syllabus. You must keep yourself updated with the current affairs. It is advisable to read the IGNOU study materials, for any particular subjects, due to its updated syllabus. Apart from this, there are many books available in the market for the preparation of civil service examination. For better results, you may also join good coaching institute which provides classes for the preparation of civil service exam.

To know more about the exam, you may also refer to the official website of UPSC.
5th May 2011, 05:22 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

For IAS, one need to go through a civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The minimum qualification with which a candidate can appear for IAS is bachelors degree from a recognized university.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for the exam.

The IAS pattern will be by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Main examination
-Interview.

So, still plenty of time is there in your hand to prepare for IAS.

By the time you appear for IAS, try to be good enough in current affairs in the sense in the following aspects
-National affairs
-International affairs
-Bilateral affairs
-Sports
-Awards
-Persons in news
-Book Releases
5th May 2011, 05:54 PM
Prerna20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvavjot Kaur View Post

thanks
Hi

You can give IAS examination only after you complete your graduation

There are 2 stages for IAS exam

Preliminary
Mains - 2 optional subjects to be chosen

Start focussing on Mathematics and General Awareness ... these 2 subjects have high weightage in IAS exam.

All the very best

Regards
Prerna
5th May 2011, 05:58 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Educational Qualifications :- Bachelor’s degree (Graduaction)of a recognised
university with at least one of the subjects
namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring
or an equivalent qualification.

Tips for IAS Exam:-

you should 1. Read newspaper daily
2. read news magazines if possible
3. Make notes of your ncert books from class 6th to class 10th
for all subjects geo for class 11th and class 12th as well
history of class 11th atleast.
4. read GK books.
5. watching channels like discovery helps a lot in the long run.
try to understand things, and work hard is the only mantra
for success in IAS.
5th May 2011, 06:21 PM
tannu90

u can prepare for ias side by side while pursuing graduation because one should be a graduate in any field or should be pursuin graduation to give an exam for ias and should have attained the age of 21..!! RITE NOW CONCENTRATE JUST ON YOUR STUDIES AND GIVE YOUR BOARD EXAMS..U CAN START YOUR COACHING FROM 1ST YEAR SIDE BY SIDE while pursuin your graduation....u can also read the following:-

Academic Eligibility for IAS Exams

A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.

Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.

The UPSC may in exceptional cases treat a candidate without the foregoing requisite qualification as an eligible candidate if he / she has passed an examination conducted by other institutions, the standard of which justifies his / her admission in the opinion of the Commission.
Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.
Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However they must submit along with their Main Examination application, a certificate from the concerned authority of the University / Institution that they have passed the final professional medical examination. At the Interview stage they must then produce a certificate from a competent authority that they have completed (including internship) all the requirements for the award of the Medical Degree.

Other Eligibility Conditions for IAS Exams

(1) Nationality

i. Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.
ii. For other services a candidate can be either of the following:

a. a citizen of India,

b. a subject of Nepal,

c. a subject of Bhutan,

d. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

e. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire or Zambia with the intention of permanently settling in India. Candidates belonging to either categories of b., c., d. or e., must produce an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India. Those who belong to either of b., c., or d., categories are not eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.

(2) Age Limit

i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.

b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.

d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.

e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
on invalidment.

f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.

g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.
6th May 2011, 12:58 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Go for civil service only if you have aptitude for Social service , otherwise you will repent afterwards.......

1.You can choose any field whatever you like and there is no compulsion
2.Develop reading and writting habits
2.Read newspaper and some good magazines like CSR

At present these are enough, for better result you can take coaching in final year of your graduation.
24th May 2011, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

is delhi is the best place where i can prepare for ias exams?
27th May 2011, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

maths is important for ias
31st May 2011, 08:18 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvavjot Kaur View Post

thanks
Hii,
after 12th first you jion anyu bechlor course wuth them do preparayion for the exam .
the menetory subject which score in this exam is maths and gk english and geographical knowledge .

I say you to join any bechlor because their is a criteria to taking part of this exam you have a bechlor degree.

ankur
2nd June 2011, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

how many subjekts are there in ias ?
15th June 2011, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

I am still pursuing B.Com, awaiting for 4th sem results. Plz guide me how to prepare to take IAS exam and i am very slow learner. I have aggregate of 58% in B.com till 3rd semester. Is it possible to me to achieve my goal if i plan now.
16th June 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

CAN WE TAKE ARTS SUB FOR PREPRATION ND WHAT R CHOICES OF SUB IN THIS
18th June 2011, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

i am in 2nd year bcom & have appeared 4 2nd level of chartered accountants(CA)course & m 18 years so pleasee cn u guide me as to how should i prepare...
19th June 2011, 12:24 PM
amit gaur2065

Dear if you are a graduate then you can apply for IAS exam, it require only GRADUATION,
there are some following tips;
Read carefully;-
Choose subjects which have availability of books, reading material and guidance.
Reading newspapers, watching TV news and of course quiz shows like KBC is a must.
Enhance your communication skills,Practice & see previous years questions papers
ALL THE BEST!!
5th July 2011, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

Hi'I m Ruksana choudhary of jammu city n I've cleared my 12th.I get admission in Bsc forestry.Can u plz guide me how 2 study 4 IAS &where should iget d best coaching in jammu bcoz i've 2 clear it in 1st attempt.
23rd July 2011, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

Sir, currently iam doing my graduation (final year),i want to know that according to the new CSAT pattern, is maths compulsory to qualify,im really weak in the basics of maths,and taking tutions for it.........plzzz reply to this one
Thanks a lot
7th November 2011, 09:33 AM
rudramishra

ips for IAS Exam:-

you should 1. Read newspaper daily
2. read news magazines if possible
3. Make notes of your ncert books from class 6th to class 10th
for all subjects geo for class 11th and class 12th as well
history of class 11th atleast.
4. read GK books.
5. watching channels like discovery helps a lot in the long run.
try to understand things, and work hard is the only mantra
for success in IAS.
15th March 2012, 04:42 PM
kaveribiswas

you're just a student of 12th don't need concentrate that seriously on the preparation for IAS you just need to have this attitude that is

you should do these things so that they will help you when you start your orginal preparation

->follow all the news paper daily's get updated with all the issues do the deep research and make some points and maintain some note book

->Current affairs is also a very important section you should get updated in all areas like

politics

sports

entertainment and

what not everything

this about the strategy that a year student must follow

When you perfectly start your preparation for IAS then

then the preparation plan must be like this

Preparation for IAS can be done in different way according to the tastes and preference of the individual

each and every individual will have different methods and techniques to achieve their respective goals..

but very important fact is all the plans will have the following main qualities..

-> You should strongly determine towards your goal..

-> You should be well aware of what the syllabus and pattern..

-> You should also be hard working and also a smart planner of the preparation..

Good luck.........
15th March 2012, 08:04 PM
TrinityKiller

you will have total 7 subjects....
1.Business Organization and Management
2.Fundamentals of Information and Technology
3.Business Economics
4.Financial Accounting
5.C language
6.English
and
7.second language(Hindi,Telugu,Arabic or french)
15th March 2012, 08:15 PM
TrinityKiller

you will have total 7 subjects....
1.Business Organization and Management
2.Fundamentals of Information and Technology
3.Business Economics
4.Financial Accounting
5.C language
6.English
and
7.second language(Hindi,Telugu,Arabic or french)
29th June 2012, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing bca nd i wants to become ias so what should i do ?
19th November 2012, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

i m in 12.
i m studing in a.m.u
i decided to admit myself in a govt. college for graduation and prepare 4 ias side by side.
leaving so nice university will effect my future......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?