2nd June 2016, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

What is the IAS exam pattern and how many stages I need to clear?

Hi, I am Manasa and I completed my B.tech in 2013 year. Now I want to prepare for IAS exam, so please tell me the details of IAS exam pattern, how many tests are conducted for becoming an IAS officer? Please tell me in detail about the pattern and tips to crack IAS exam.

2nd June 2016, 04:27 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the IAS exam pattern and how many stages I need to clear?

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam is officially conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

The exam pattern for the IAS exam includes following stages :

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personal Interview.

The candidate who qualify in the preliminary exam is selected for mains exam and the same procedure follows for the interview.

PREPARATION TIPS :

* Reading newspapers will be helpful for the candidates to cover the current affairs topics.

* English fluency will also gets improved by reading newspapers.

* Plan the schedule and stick to it.

* Practice previous years question papers to get the idea on the pattern of exam.

* In order to master the time management, write as many mock tests as possible.

* Prepare separate notes for revision at the last day of exam.

* Refer one or two standard books, too many will confuse the student.

* Last but not least, don't loose confidence.
2nd June 2016, 05:31 PM
userdefined

UPSC conducts Civil service Exam every year for the post of IAS, IPS, IFS etc. Notification will be issued in the month of May every year.
Qualification: You should be a Graduate, Citizen of India, Age less than 32 years ( Relaxation is there for Reserved candidates).
Exam Pattern:
-Preliminary Exam : General Studies + CSAT paper.
-Mains : General Studies 4 paper + Optional Paper + English + Official Language (any).
-Personal Interview

Preparation:
-Syllabus is nothing but Universe that you have to know about Everything.
-Politics is not necessary but you need some important schemes and international visits.
-Daily Newspaper with thorough understanding of the concepts and background of the news.
9th August 2017, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Give the detail about how do the selection of IAS and also tell me what types of questions are in IAS interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?