17th November 2010, 05:09 PM
Shipra17

How to prepare for IIT JEE with 1 month in hand?

What shud be strategy 2 prepare for IIT/AIEEE just in one month after i have appeard in board exams,how shud i plan my studies and which books shud i focus on?

17th November 2010, 06:09 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to prepare for IIT JEE with 1 month in hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipra17 View Post
What shud be strategy 2 prepare for IIT/AIEEE just in one month after i have appeard in board exams,how shud i plan my studies and which books shud i focus on?
if you are serious about IIT sure u will crack this IIT and..
i must tell you join your any local crash courses and get study material from them,
these are some books that you must refer them
1.NCERT AND STATE SYLLABUS BOOKS
2.PHYSICS H C VERMA
3.SOVLE ALL LAST YEAR question papers

some tips and trick
1.use always shortcuts to solve maths trignometry
2.study atleast 10 hrs of study in a day
3.concentrate more on chemistry

which papers is more easy
i think every year question papers are getting bit tougher
but still i feel is
1.chemistry paper always comes easy

best of luck
17th November 2010, 06:22 PM
deepakdk11

Default Re: How to prepare for IIT JEE with 1 month in hand?

just focus on your board exam and give some time for competition
on last month concentrate on board exam
and after that solve the 30 years solution of jee and between jee and aieee sole 30 years solution of aieee
17th November 2010, 06:23 PM
deepakdk11

books are
arihant 30 years solution for phy. che. math
17th November 2010, 06:24 PM
deepakdk11

you can get this book from your near bookseller
or by give order to arihant publication online
17th November 2010, 06:26 PM
deepakdk11

best of luck
don`t take tension
try your best
my best wishes is always with you
happy id
my
17th November 2010, 06:28 PM
harshendar

it depends on your previous preparation.if you had completed previously and looking for revision take s.n.sanyal for organic chem and bhal and bhal problems for physical chem and inorganic chech out your text and physics h.c.verma and maths das guptha.dont think that this is impossible you can start as early as possible.all the best
17th November 2010, 06:29 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to prepare for IIT JEE with 1 month in hand?

Quote:
books you should refer
1.arihant magazines of physics and chemistry
2.H C VERMA for physics(mechanics)
3.study materials for tips and tricks
4.join any crash program near by your area
5.study with full concentration and dedication
17th November 2010, 06:48 PM
mishra245

As you know IIT/AIEEE is hard coarse as you prepared in one month you have to study as parallel to your study in board.
After your board exams you join Crash coarse in different coachings.
18th November 2010, 10:02 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

it is very much difficult to be prepared for IIT JEE and AIEEE within one month.

but if you have less time you can try your best. at that time try to study your text book again carefully according to the IIT JEE syllabus. then try to solve some previous year question paper and try to understand the weightage of questions.

before appearing the examination again revise your book. that much you can do. but it is very hard to crack these examination only with this much study.

best wishes.
18th November 2010, 02:40 PM
Jinu Alex

dear friend, if you are thorough with your class twelfth subjects and are concentrating in your board exams, then continue doing that. as things studied in your NCERT books help a lot in IIT- JEE. and then after your exams, concentrate on the previous years' iit jee papers.
also if possible, go for some crash course near by as they would teach you to manage time and certain short quick ways to calculate.
books given by coaching centers like the brilliant tutorials or the excel coaching centre are quite helpful.
else just concentrate in solving the previous years papers
all the best. study well. God bless you
18th November 2010, 05:59 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IIT JEE with 1 month in hand?

Quote:
dear friend there is no any shortcut of success in life . you are going to appear in standard exams like IIT-JEE and AIEEE. if you want to crack these exam through only one month preparation then you will have to read 10 hours a day daily. you can prepare from the following books :
1.NCERT BOOKS
2.BOOK BY ERODOV
3.PREVIOUS YEAR IIT AND AIEEE PAPERS
4.PRADEEP/DINESH AND H.C VERMA PHYSICS

always practice makes a person perfect so practice as much as possible .you will definitely get success. good luck
18th November 2010, 06:04 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend,
In 1 month you will have to study with concentrate and evrything is depend upon your self study.
1- you can join crash course from any private coaching centre.
2- try to solve previous years question papers
3- revision of 12th is very important.
4-give maximum time for study.

all the best
18th November 2010, 06:41 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The best method is to go in for a crash training course by some institutes like Brilliant or Elite if you have any of their centres near by. Advantage is that they will give you lot of papers to solve and also give you necessary tips for writing the exam. Since there is only one month you need some external assistance and best seems to be some of these coaching centres
18th November 2010, 09:27 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:

MECHANICS

Physics by H.C. Verma

Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

Resnick and Halliday

ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM

Resnick and Halliday

Circuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith

Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

OPTICS

Physics by H.C. Verma

MODERN PHYSICS

Physics by H.C. Verma

Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

HEAT AND WAVES

Physics by H.C. Verma

Resnick and Halliday

Chemistry

ORGANIC CHEMISTRY

Morrison & Boyd

Solutions to Morrison Boyd

mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar ∓ Chawla

INORGANIC CHEMISTRY

NCERT Inorganic Chemistry

Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee

IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal

GENERAL CHEMISTRY

J.D. Lee

O.P. Aggarwal

R.C.Mukerjee

Maths

ALGEBRA

High school mathematics by Hall and Knight

IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

CALCULUS amp; ANALYTIC GEOMETRY

G.N.Berman

Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney

Coordinate geometry by Loney

IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

I.A.Maron
19th November 2010, 07:50 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey since you don't have sufficient time to look over a handful of books its better you concentrate in the basic books which even offers you depth in the subject i.e none other than the NCERT books in all the subjects.

You can refer even the old question papers and model papers so that you can understand the type of questions which are being asked.

all the best
19th November 2010, 07:01 PM
vikash.digha.patna

hi,
this is vikash
the question being asked is nothing rather than a joke (i am really really serious)

its because the exams like jee and aieee are not meant to load students with books rather it is a test of the knowledge you have attained till now from class 1 to 12
actually if you look at those questions being asked previously in jee you will find
that these questions can be solved even without reading any book but having just a little knowledge of the topic related

so i would suggest you firstly get your mind boost fully and develop confidence within yourself that you can do everything that is meant to be done by a general man

firstly try to make a strategy that in which you are really being an expert
means you like not just remembering everything usually the maths paper
is the lengthy one and physics most approachble while chemistry being on average
NOW since you had been there with the syllabus for around last 20 months
you must be having idea what are the topics there in the chapter so recaptulate in your mind what you know about those topics have a look over\
the related formula and related topic and then look at the previous year questions on these topics and try to approach these questions on the basis of your knowledge and reffering to a book like H C VERMA
THEN TRY TO FIND OUT THE IDEA BEHIND EVERY QUESTIONS

SO NOW summing up i would say first have ARIHANT 30 YEARS IITJEE QUESTION BANK
THEN START from first chapter try to learn the approach any question by looking through them then make your own idea about it
since you have very less time you can stress MORE on the chapter

1.optics

2.modern physics

3.electricity , magnetism

4.a little of mechanics that is try to have only idea about not a very deep knowledge

the chapter i mentioned are containing the bulk of question and even questions are being repeated idea without any change on the same idea

for chemistry i would say in oraganic part the jee questions are really being repeat of previous year so just try to learn the approach
for inoraganic you need to remember the questions given in question bank

while for maths i would say
you do not give much time unless you excel in it
but even if don't excel if you are able to solve questions
on 1.coordinate geometry
2.A.P,G.P,H.P
3.PROBABILITY
4.THREE DIMENSION GEOMETRY FORMULA
from 30 year question bank
then you are definitely done in maths

so just have a combination of question bank and ncert book
and concentrate on the topic that are covering bulk
of paper

BEST OF LUCK!
in recent year
20th November 2010, 11:53 AM
Prakhars

Its not possible for maximum of us, to crack IIT JEE in one month.
Because it requires that you have all of your concept clear.

Since it is the toughest exam after 12th, you must be very much familiar with the its pattern and it's previous papers.

You may prepare for it, but in my opinion study of your own, buy Arihant Series, solve it and you will able to boost your confidence.

But do not wait for that one month..........
26th November 2010, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

CAN SOME ONE TELL ME THE BULK PART OF TOPIC IN PHY,CHEM & MATHS?
30th November 2010, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

phy - mechanics,optics and electricity magnetism

chem-- anything cn come

maths-calculus and geometry and trigo
13th December 2010, 10:00 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

just join any of the crash course from any of the good coaching institute....
10th January 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

10th January 2011, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

13th January 2011, 09:54 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Dear friend,
Firstly read your text books very clearly and clear your basic and fundamental concepts,after that solve some previous year questions and some model papers with clock...
23rd February 2011, 08:40 PM
ankurloonia

I have just made the plan a bit bigger when you have only 4 months in your hand!

First of all, the day one started when you thought of preparing for the I.I.T. , and been a even a little serious about cracking the IIT JEE

Then he/she always knew that this time was going to come. So, nothing much unexpected!

O.K. So, let's try to analyze our situation. We have 4 months in hand that is some 120 odd days to ourselves.

Let the aspirants be assured that this is more than the time required.

It is the beginning of December; therefore the student would have covered at least 75 percentage of the prescribed course for the J.E.E. at least once by now, be it through self study or through some coaching. So, by now, the aspirant has covered most part of the syllabus. It's the brush-up time.

Now, we have two tasks.

Task One: To brush up and keep brushing up whatever has been learnt so far.

Task Two: To add the extra 25 percent of the course that is left.

Let us decide that we need to cover up the entire syllabus' revision in 75 days. The aspirant would have been taking tests and revising different topics at different times now and then. But, this time, let us assume this is your LAST time.

Therefore this time, the student should go through all the reading material/notes that he/she has been following all year long, THOROUGHLY not missing absolutely anything.

First of all, divide your vast syllabus into everyday task. Cover at least one heavy topic each day. When we talk about covering, we mean EVERYTHIING you need to know about that topic in order to be able to solve the problems, including notes, examples, some problems that you came across while studying it for the first time.

If possible, add a small topic to some days when one topic is not very big. The idea is not to let yourself excessively loose, nor should your time-table be very squeezed. This division of each day syllabus is the crucial-most step of the bigger plan. Keep it such, so that the pressure is JUST RIGHT.

It would be better if you would mix the subjects that is do Physics for two-three days, then, may be shift to some topic of Chemistry or Math. This would help keeping things not-exhausting.

Now, once you have brushed up a topic, solve some random problems from a book specifically on that topic.

Now the most important task during all this is to mark the examples or formulae you find difficult to remember.

REMEMBER, these should not be too large in number. Most of them should be covered considering this as THE LAST revision.

All this time, when we have been brushing up the older topics, remember that the newer topics that are now being taught need to be kept track of.

During all this, try to regularly take tests on weekly or biweekly basis, and only one thing needs to be made sure that you do the topics you have revised till the test date, well. So, by the end of this phase one, your syllabus is complete for once and for all!

NOW, EVEN IF ONE ASKS YOU TO WRITE THE EXAMINATION THE 76th DAY ITSELF, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO AT LEAST SAY "YES".

Remember that even if this period goes to 80 days, it is perfectly fine.

Alright now, we have around a month (+ 10 days) left. This needs to be utilized in practicing problems, on all topics and within time limit. Solve, two test papers each day within time and analyze your errors that may have stayed after Phase one.

Every day, the idea is to exactly point them out and GET RID OF THEM. It can be a forgettable formula, a sign convention mistake, an individually weak topic particularly for you or anything for that matter. JUST GET RID OF IT.

During Phase Two, try to stay in continuous touch with the topics like inorganic and organic chemistry and other such topics.

After Phase Two, if you have followed the routine sincerely enough, you are ready for any Engineering Examination.

This Phase two has to be summed up 2-3 days before the Examination. For these last days, just take enough sleep, and take healthy food.

Lastly, this be mentioned that whatever strategy has been suggested above is just one way to prepare. There are a lot of them and one can follow any of them.
25th February 2011, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

THNX , A lot my frnss.....
m impressd wid ur replies,,u ol will b soon receiving a gift hamper frm exbii
28th February 2011, 10:49 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

hi,

you firstly get your mind boost fully and develop confidence within yourself that you can do everything that is meant to be done by a general man

firstly try to make a strategy that in which you are really being an expert
means you like not just remembering everything usually the maths paper
is the lengthy one and physics most approachble while chemistry being on average
NOW since you had been there with the syllabus for around last 20 months
you must be having idea what are the topics there in the chapter so recaptulate in your mind what you know about those topics have a look over\
the related formula and related topic and then look at the previous year questions on these topics
8th March 2011, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

how to plan for study just before 1 month in hand
9th March 2011, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

just be cool and revise the concepts and problems that you have learnt earlier
9th March 2011, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

i have read only ncert books. i want to qualify in jee 2011.plz help me
12th March 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Just do anything for knowledge then surely u will get success......
26th March 2011, 12:16 AM
rocking_indian

Quote:
since your board exams are near so better you must focus more on NCERT
solve problems from arihant
take mock test for iit
14th April 2011, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

How Much I Should Do Self Study Atleast Eveyday To Crack Iit entrance exam 0f 2012????
15th April 2011, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Does it possible to prepare for bitsat in 1 months by studying only ncert book
31st July 2011, 10:00 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have read only ncert books. i want to qualify in jee 2011.plz help me
Dear friend,
IIT is not the very easy exam which you clear by study only ncert.But don't have to woory if you have short time to study then do followinmg things to get effective study:

*Just go through the previous year and model papers of IIT jee.
*By solving papers see that which portion of your's is strong and do more work on that topic because 40-45% marks give you selection in IIT jee.
1st August 2011, 12:13 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
just be do not afraid you can do it
just dont try to learn any new things just revised the old things and formulas that you had learned and try to solve the sample papers....

solve sample papers as many as you can.....
2nd September 2011, 12:29 AM
kameshsriram

HI FRIEND,

if you are highly talented you can get iit -jee bystugying for time available to you

refer the books as follows:

FOR MATHS:

R.D.SHARMA,

TMH,

FOR PHYSICS:

ARIHANT SERIES,

H.C.VERMA,

FOR CHEMISTRY:

O.P.TANDON
23rd October 2011, 01:41 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hiii friend.....here i can help you................

with only one month in hand i think you might have completed the portion atleast for one time........now practice the previous year papers.....
refer NCERT books of 11 and 12th standard and be perfect with the concepts.........this will help you a lot......
2nd December 2011, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

1month in hand board exams are near tension for both wasted 2years in coaching did not studied . what to do?
3rd April 2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

is it enough to revise previous year question papers?
22nd April 2012, 02:23 AM
Unregistered

i did not prepare anything for cet in 1st puc.wheather it is possible to from now onwards to get a medical seat?? Plz help me..
12th June 2012, 03:44 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear IIT-JEE aspirant,

It is not easy to crack IIT-JEE exam just by preparing in 1 month.
It is hard labour of a long period that makes a student to crack this exam.
Many students take 2 years, some 1 year and some students take 5 months to crack this exam. It is really one of the toughest engineering entrance exams of India.

However, as you had told that you are having only 1 month in your hand.
  • I would suggest you to work hard on your basics.
  • Make your basics more strong and study only what you had already read.
  • Learn Tricks and shortcuts of Mathematics to solve numerical questions. This will increase your speed during examination.
  • Study NCERT more in comparison to other books. NCERT will clear your doubts if you study it properly.

Best of Luck for your upcoming exams....
20th March 2013, 06:46 PM
sharmila chakraborty

Can i crack IIT-JEE by preparing for it for only 3 weeks?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?