30th January 2012, 11:21 PM
vipin kumar sam qwerty

What is a better career option after B.Tech Mechanical?

hello sir......
I am vipin kumar b.tech 2nd yr mech. branch....sir I am so confussed for about my carrier.after b.tech should I join industry or should do study for GATE exam...plz give me ans soon...thnx

Related Questions:
  1. What is the best option for B.Tech mechanical student after B.Tech
  2. What are the various branches in B.tech courses?
  3. Which are the career options for me other than M.Tech course having completed Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Career options after Btech computer science if a student is not good in programming? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Is it possible to do MS in Acturial Sciences after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. How can I resume my career if I did B.Tech(CSIT) 5 years back? What is the right career option for me? Should I change my field from software to another?
  7. Masters in Marine Engineering after Btech in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Can I get admission in B.Tech after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering? Which is the best option?
  9. Career and placements in mechanical engineering?
  10. Career in Computer engineering after low percentage and Backlog in 1st semester? Branch change a good option?
  11. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  12. How to do B.Tech under BPUT? What are the trainings?
  13. What are the career options available for me after doing diploma in mechanical and CAD CAM course?
  14. As Mechanical engineering which one would be a better option between L&T-ECC and JP Power Venture for a better career growth?
  15. Which is better BBA or Diploma engineering for better career prospect?
  16. Which are the courses available for an MPC inter pass student?
  17. Is it a good option to take up Ph.D right after Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  18. How to do ICWA after passing B.Tech Mechanical? What are the career opportunities?
31st January 2012, 04:42 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: What is a better career option after B.Tech Mechanical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipin kumar sam qwerty View Post
hello sir......
I am vipin kumar b.tech 2nd yr mech. branch....sir I am so confussed for about my carrier.after b.tech should I join industry or should do study for GATE exam...plz give me ans soon...thnx

Dear Aspirant

Mechanical Engineering is said to be the evergreen branch of engineering and is also one of those core branches on which an industry is assumed to stand and operate.

So Degree in Mechanical Engineering is itself enough if want to get good job. Many company Private, Government & lots of MNC's offer jobs to Mechanical Engineer as an Engineer, supervisor, trainee, executive and many more. So there is no doubt that after B.Tech/B.E in ME there is lots of career opportunities with full scope.

So, you have opportunities in almost all major Govt. Industries.

• ISRO[Indian Space Research Organization]
  • BHEL[Bharat Heavy Electronics Limited]
  • DRDO[Defence Research and Development Organisation]
  • BSNL JTO[Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited Junior Telecom Officers]
  • Indian Railways
  • CDS[Combined Defence Service]
  • SAIL[Steel Authority of India Limited]
  • GAIL[Gas Authority of India Limited]
  • HAL[Hinustan Aeronautics Limited]
  • NTPC[National Thermal Power Corporation]
  • ONGC[Oil and Natural Nas Commission Limited]
  • IES[Indian Engineering Service]
  • IAS/IPS, PCS
& many more.

To get more daily update for any kind of jobs visit:http://freshersworld.com

For details visit: http://www.sarkari-naukri.blogspot.com/

You can go also for Private Sector Jobs are as follows:-

1.TATA STEEL

2.TATA MOTORS

3.L&T

4.Mahindra & Mahindra

Higher Studies or Course
--------------------------

MBA(Master of Business Administration)

M.Tech(Master of Technology)

-If you go for M.Tech course then you will be having chance to go for Teaching as well as in the technical field. It means you can get opportunities in to various companies or you can go for as a Professor in the top ranked Universities in India . If you get good percentile in GATE entrance test then you will be having chance to do M.tech course in top Institutes like NITs and IITs.

-If you goo for MBA course then you will have to get more opportunities in your career and If you do MBA from top ranked business schools then you have chance to be placed directly in to management positions in the top companies with huge packages.If you want to get admission then you have to qualify in CAT,MAT,XAT,GMAT etc entrance test then only it is possible to do MBA course.

Good Luck...

WITH REGARDS
4G Solutions
31st January 2012, 11:05 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is a better career option after B.Tech Mechanical?

dear friend,
After completion of B.tech course in mechanical stream you can go for courses like-
1.M.tech- If you want to get specialize in your field, then M.tech is the best option..
After completion of which you can go for core technical jobs with better salary and better designation.

2.MBA- If you have interest in management field then You can opt for MBA course..
MBA course is very much job prospective.. You can get a huge job opportunity after completion of MBA course..

You can also go for jobs in technical sector after completion of B.tech course..

Core technical jobs like-

1.BHEL
2.BEL
3.GAIL
4.NTPC
5.ONGC
6.RRB
7.Tata Steel
8.L&T
9.IOCL
10.Alstom
etc..

You can go for any of these jobs..
Now you decide what you want..
All the best..
31st January 2012, 11:54 AM
selva786

Thumbs up Re: What is a better career option after B.Tech Mechanical?

Quote:
hello sir......

after the completion of B.Tech you may better to do the higher studies through the gate score the following disciplines.Now you can start the preparation in 2nd year for all core subject syllabus.
12th February 2012, 11:58 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello sir......
HI,

After passing B.Tech you can apply for many govt. job like:-
> I.A.S
> I.P.S
> I.E.S
> ARMY
> NAVY
> AIR FORCE
> D.R.D.O
> I.S.R.O
> B.S.N.L
> O.N.G.C
etc

GOOD LUCK!
6th May 2012, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

I have compteted b.tech in mechanical egg and working for TELCON (Heavy Equipment Division of TATA Motors) from last 3 and half yrs.
Now what will be the best career option for me?
M.tech or MBA?
or continue my job.
8th May 2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

What is the different options after completion of b.tech
13th May 2012, 03:40 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you will be having chance to go for Teaching as well as in the technical field. It means you can get opportunities in to various companies or you can go for as a Professor in the top ranked Universities in India . If you get good percentile in GATE entrance test then you will be having chance to do M.tech course in top Institutes like NITs and IITs.
If you goo for MBA course then you will have to get more opportunities in your career and If you do MBA from top ranked business schools then you have chance to be placed directly in to management positions in the top companies with huge packages ISRO[Indian Space Research Organization]
BHEL[Bharat Heavy Electronics Limited]
DRDO[Defence Research and Development Organisation]
BSNL JTO[Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited Junior Telecom Officers]
Indian Railways
CDS[Combined Defence Service]
2nd August 2012, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

what is the ratio of govt and private sector jobs offered for mechanical engineers
2nd August 2012, 11:54 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What is a better career option after B.Tech Mechanical?

Hai friend ,
Mechanical Engineering is said to be the evergreen branch of engineering and is also one of those core branches on which an industry is assumed to stand and operate.

So Degree in Mechanical Engineering is itself enough if want to get good job. Many company Private, Government & lots of MNC's offer jobs to Mechanical Engineer as an Engineer, supervisor, trainee, executive and many more. So there is no doubt that after B.Tech/B.E in ME there is lots of career opportunities with full scope.

So, you have opportunities in almost all major Govt. Industries.

ISRO[Indian Space Research Organization]
BHEL[Bharat Heavy Electronics Limited]
DRDO[Defence Research and Development Organisation]
BSNL JTO[Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited Junior Telecom Officers]
Indian Railways
CDS[Combined Defence Service]
SAIL[Steel Authority of India Limited]
GAIL[Gas Authority of India Limited]
HAL[Hinustan Aeronautics Limited]
NTPC[National Thermal Power Corporation]
ONGC[Oil and Natural Nas Commission Limited]
IES[Indian Engineering Service]
IAS/IPS, PCS
& many more.

Don't worry there are a large number of jobs available for mechanical engineers not only in private field but also in government field. some of government jobs are :
(1)IES(Indian Engineering Services)
(2)Bank PO
(3)NTPC
(4)ONGC
(5)Defence field
e.t.c

So, as you wish .............
All the best
20th March 2013, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am in b.tech 3rd year atleast how much minimum percentage should be in the b.tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?