9th June 2018, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

How to proceed for Chartered Accountants course after passing 10th board exam?

I have completed my 10th board exam with 74 percent. Now, I want to take admission in Chartered Accountants course i.e., in CA. So, my question is Am I eligible for it? If yes, then how should I proceed for C.A i.e., how should I take admission in it?

11th June 2018, 08:54 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to proceed for Chartered Accountants course after passing 10th board exam?

To be eligible to pursue CA course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board and you have to appear in CPT examination. CPT is an entrance examination for getting admission in CA course. CA examination is conducted twice a year in the months of June and December. Since, you have passed 10th standard, you have to pursue 12th standard from a Government recognised board to be eligible to appear in CPT examination for getting admission in CA course.
11th June 2018, 05:42 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to proceed for Chartered Accountants course after passing 10th board exam?

No, you cannot go for CA after completing your 10th class.

To join in CA you need to complete 12th class

After 12th you need to apply for CPT entrance exam to get into CA course.

The CPT exam will be conducted 2 times in a year .

After qualifying in the CPT exam, you will get admission into the CA course .

There are three stages in CA courses:-

CPT, IPCC, CA

To complete CA course, you need to qualify in these three level.
11th June 2018, 06:30 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You cannot do CA course after 10th exam .

To do CA course you have to complete your 12th standard or any equivalent courses in maths of Economics stream .

After this you have to qualify in the CPT.

CPT is first stage of CA course.

The degree holders can directly go to the second stage of CA without CPT .
11th June 2018, 10:44 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Chartered Accountancy is a professional course with following stages:

1. Common Proficiency Test.

2. Integrated Professional and Competence course.

3. Final course.

The minimum academic qualification for CPT course is 12th passed from a recognized board. CPT is entrance exam for entry into CPT course.

You must pursue 12th in commerce stream from a recognized board to become eligible for CPT exam conducted by ICAI.
14th June 2018, 11:38 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy and the CA course is divided into three stages which includes the foundation course in CA, Integrated Professional Competence Course ( IPCC ), and the final stage course.

Further, the minimum education required to appear in CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) for admission to the foundation course in CA is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education. But, a student having passed his/her Class 10th are eligible to register for CPT.

So, being a Class 10th passed candidate you are eligible to register for CPT but you can apply for the same once you enter your Class 12th as students appearing in their final year of higher secondary school degree are eligible.

For more details regarding CA course eligibility, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?