27th December 2011, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering being a candidate of EEE?

I am a student of EEE. I want to know how I can study Msc in software engineering.

Related Questions:
  1. Which course should I do after doing 2 months course in Software Testing so that I could pursue my career in Testing field? Do I need to do MCA, MSc IT?
  2. Will I be able to pursue MBA course after completing MSc software engineering
  3. What are the recruitment criterias for Software Engineer post?
  4. Am I eligibiel to do B.Ed after compleing MSc software engineering
  5. Best career opportunities available after completing B.Tech in EEE?
  6. How to pursue High Studies in IITs after doing engineering in B.E EEE first year in Tamilnadu
  7. Any software course which I can do after diploma EEE?
  8. Which software course is best to learn for EEE students to get a better software job?
  9. What is the possibility in software field after doing B.Tech EEE? What can I do for a software job?
  10. Carrer options after B.Sc(Hons.) in chemistry
  11. When will I get the job after passing MSc in Software Engineering?
  12. Which is better M.Sc.IT or M.Sc.CS? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to do programming course after completing BA or Computer Hardware Course?
  14. What should I do to pursue MS with 100% Scholarship being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year in EEE? ?
  15. List of top MSc software engineering colleges?
  16. Which are the subjects in which I can pursue my MSc? List of universities in which I can take admission on the basis of marks through capitation fee? Should I go abroad to pursue my MSc?
  17. Which group is better for B.Tech EEE student? Can I do MSc in USA after that?
  18. Is it beneficial to do M.Tech(Software Engineering) for BS Mechanical graduate of USA? -- [New]
15th February 2012, 09:11 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering being a candidate of EEE?

Hi

EEE stands for the Electrical and Electronics Engineering. This is actually a very new branch in Engineering which has come up in the recent past.

Most of the colleges have adopted this course or rather stream as it provides hand on Electrical as well as Electronics Engineering.

Now once you are a graduate, you are free to do your Master's in any stream that you desire.

This holds true only if you a Science graduate. An arts or commerce graduate can not opt for any master;s course which is in the stream of Science.

So now as you ask, if you can pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering, I would say yeah sure.

One thing to correct is, its not M.SC but M.Tech in Software Engineering. When you say Engineering, its related to the Technology. Hence its M.Tech not M.Sc.

M.Sc can be done in any one subject.

Thus since you have not mentioned where you want to do Master's from, you have to mention it for any more details on that.

GATE is the entrance which is for the M.Tech courses in the IIT's, NIT's etc..

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#

15th February 2012, 09:26 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering being a candidate of EEE?

dear friend,

Yes you can get jobs in the following sectors like :

1. Government Sector
2. Private Sector
3. Others

1. Government Sector

Some Government sector like :-

* D.R.D.O.
* S.A.I.L.
* G.A.I.L.
* H.A.L.
* B.H.E.L.
* O.N.G.C.
* N.T.P.C.
* I.E.S.
* U.P.S.C.

2. Private Sector

* T.C.S.
* C.T.S.
* I.B.M.
* WIPRO
* INFOSYS
* ACCERGEN
* L & T
* ER-TEL
* ERRICTION
* ACCENTURE

3. Others

* CALL CENTERS
* B.P.O.'s
* SALES MAN etc.

good luck.

15th February 2012, 09:43 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering being a candidate of EEE?

HI Dear

Yes, you can do Master degree for Software engineering course.

But after complete your B.Tech then this course
is tell M.Tech.

So after this you give Some entrance exam like

Gate
State Entrance exam
23rd May 2012, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

can m.sc software engineering graduate do mba?what are the majors and how many years for course completion?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?