27th December 2011, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering being a candidate of EEE?

I am a student of EEE. I want to know how I can study Msc in software engineering.

Related Questions:
  1. Which course should I do after doing 2 months course in Software Testing so that I could pursue my career in Testing field? Do I need to do MCA, MSc IT?
  2. Will I be able to pursue MBA course after completing MSc software engineering
  3. What are the recruitment criterias for Software Engineer post?
  4. Am I eligibiel to do B.Ed after compleing MSc software engineering
  5. Best career opportunities available after completing B.Tech in EEE?
  6. How to pursue High Studies in IITs after doing engineering in B.E EEE first year in Tamilnadu
  7. Any software course which I can do after diploma EEE?
  8. Which software course is best to learn for EEE students to get a better software job?
  9. What is the possibility in software field after doing B.Tech EEE? What can I do for a software job?
  10. Carrer options after B.Sc(Hons.) in chemistry
  11. When will I get the job after passing MSc in Software Engineering?
  12. Which is better M.Sc.IT or M.Sc.CS? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to do programming course after completing BA or Computer Hardware Course?
  14. What should I do to pursue MS with 100% Scholarship being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year in EEE? ?
  15. List of top MSc software engineering colleges?
  16. Which are the subjects in which I can pursue my MSc? List of universities in which I can take admission on the basis of marks through capitation fee? Should I go abroad to pursue my MSc?
  17. Which group is better for B.Tech EEE student? Can I do MSc in USA after that?
  18. Is it beneficial to do M.Tech(Software Engineering) for BS Mechanical graduate of USA? -- [New]
15th February 2012, 09:11 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering being a candidate of EEE?

Hi

EEE stands for the Electrical and Electronics Engineering. This is actually a very new branch in Engineering which has come up in the recent past.

Most of the colleges have adopted this course or rather stream as it provides hand on Electrical as well as Electronics Engineering.

Now once you are a graduate, you are free to do your Master's in any stream that you desire.

This holds true only if you a Science graduate. An arts or commerce graduate can not opt for any master;s course which is in the stream of Science.

So now as you ask, if you can pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering, I would say yeah sure.

One thing to correct is, its not M.SC but M.Tech in Software Engineering. When you say Engineering, its related to the Technology. Hence its M.Tech not M.Sc.

M.Sc can be done in any one subject.

Thus since you have not mentioned where you want to do Master's from, you have to mention it for any more details on that.

GATE is the entrance which is for the M.Tech courses in the IIT's, NIT's etc..

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
15th February 2012, 09:26 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering being a candidate of EEE?

dear friend,

Yes you can get jobs in the following sectors like :

1. Government Sector
2. Private Sector
3. Others

1. Government Sector

Some Government sector like :-

* D.R.D.O.
* S.A.I.L.
* G.A.I.L.
* H.A.L.
* B.H.E.L.
* O.N.G.C.
* N.T.P.C.
* I.E.S.
* U.P.S.C.

2. Private Sector

* T.C.S.
* C.T.S.
* I.B.M.
* WIPRO
* INFOSYS
* ACCERGEN
* L & T
* ER-TEL
* ERRICTION
* ACCENTURE

3. Others

* CALL CENTERS
* B.P.O.'s
* SALES MAN etc.

good luck.
15th February 2012, 09:43 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to pursue M.Sc in Software Engineering being a candidate of EEE?

HI Dear

Yes, you can do Master degree for Software engineering course.

But after complete your B.Tech then this course
is tell M.Tech.

So after this you give Some entrance exam like

Gate
State Entrance exam
22nd May 2012, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

can m.sc software engineering graduate do mba?what are the majors and how many years for course completion?
4th February 2022, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir
I am metallurgy student,I had completed my diploma in 2019,I am working now as teller caller in an agency from 1 year,
Am I eligible to do the btect in IIM now sir.
Please confirm me.
[email protected]
14th June 2023, 07:09 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

To pursue an M.Sc in Software Engineering after completing a Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), here's a general outline of the process:

Research M.Sc in Software Engineering programs: Explore universities and institutions that offer M.Sc programs in Software Engineering. Look for programs that accept candidates from diverse backgrounds, including EEE graduates. Review their admission requirements, curriculum, and faculty expertise to find the best fit for your academic and career goals.

Check prerequisite knowledge: Determine if the M.Sc program you are interested in has any prerequisite knowledge or coursework in computer science or programming. Since you come from an EEE background, you may need to bridge any knowledge gaps by taking relevant courses or self-studying key software engineering concepts.

Fulfill admission requirements: Review the admission requirements for the M.Sc program, including academic qualifications, entrance exams, and English language proficiency. Typically, you'll need a bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA, recommendation letters, statement of purpose, and a resume or curriculum vitae. Some programs may require you to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or a similar entrance exam.

Gain programming skills: As an EEE graduate, you may already have some exposure to programming. However, to pursue an M.Sc in Software Engineering, it's beneficial to enhance your programming skills. Focus on languages commonly used in software development, such as Python, Java, C++, or JavaScript. Familiarize yourself with software development practices, algorithms, data structures, and software testing.

Complete prerequisite coursework: If the M.Sc program requires prerequisite coursework in computer science or programming, consider taking relevant courses. This can be done through online platforms, community colleges, or university extension programs. Alternatively, you can self-study and gain proficiency in the required topics.

Prepare for the application process: Craft a strong statement of purpose that highlights your passion for software engineering, your relevant skills, and how the M.Sc program aligns with your career aspirations. Secure recommendation letters from professors or professionals who can attest to your academic abilities and potential in the field of software engineering.

Submit your application: Follow the application guidelines provided by the university or institution offering the M.Sc program. Prepare all required documents, including your academic transcripts, test scores (if applicable), and application fees. Submit your application within the specified deadline.

Attend interviews (if applicable): Some M.Sc programs may require an interview as part of the selection process. Prepare for interviews by reviewing software engineering concepts, discussing your academic and professional background, and demonstrating your enthusiasm for the field.

Await admission decisions: After submitting your application, patiently wait for admission decisions. The university or institution will inform you of the outcome via email or regular mail.

Enroll in the M.Sc program: If accepted, complete the necessary enrollment procedures, such as submitting any additional documents, paying fees, and registering for courses. Prepare yourself for the start of the program and any orientations or induction sessions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?