8th March 2012, 11:43 PM
aishwarya kangutkar

How should I become a Psychologist? What should I do? Are there any colleges in Mumbai to complete my Psychology degree?

I m in my 10.I want to become a psychologists ,what should i do? And which stream will be best for me,science or arts to do psychology?
And can u suggests any collage for me in mumbai to complete my psychology degree.

9th March 2012, 11:24 AM
prashanthi.thota
Member+

Default Re: How should I become a Psychologist? What should I do? Are there any colleges in Mumbai to complete my Psychology degree?

Hi...
your goal is very good.
If you want to do psychology you will definitely go in science field.Because it will be very use full to study for this field.
While there are no sure-fire shortcuts when studying for a psychology test, there are things that you can do to get the most out of your study time. By following these relatively simple strategies, you can be sure that you'll be ready when test day arrives.
1. Start Studying Early
2. Become an Active Listener During Psychology Class Lectures.
3. Review Your Class Notes Frequently.
4. Form a Psychology Study Group.
5. Take Practice Quizzes.
6. Think of Real-World Examples.
7. Review Material in Multiple Ways.
8. Use Resources Provided with Your Textbook.
9. Study the Most Difficult Concepts First.
10. Study for Several Hours Each Week.
if you follow the above tips you will be definitely success in your field.

B.A. Psychology Colleges in Mumbai
Mulund EastKelkar Education Trust's Vinayak Ganesh Vaze College of Arts, Science & Commerce
Cumbala HillSophia College
Bandra WestRizvi College Of Arts, Science & Commerce
Grant RoadWilson College
Ghatkopar WestSmt. P.N. Doshi Ladies College of Arts
ChemburV.E.S. College of Arts Science & Commerce
ThaneSeth N.K.T. Thanawala College of Commerce.
9th March 2012, 12:48 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: How should I become a Psychologist? What should I do? Are there any colleges in Mumbai to complete my Psychology degree?

Psychology is a study of mind in which we learn about human mind thinking patterns or various behavior patterns .

For becoming psychologist you can take any stream whether it is ART/COMMERCE/SCIENCE just make ensure that you take psychology subject in your class 11th and 12th.

Study well in class 11th and in class 12th and maintain very good marks over all and in psychology subject also.

After 12th you can apply in BA/B.sc in psychology in any Reputed college.

All reputed colleges take candidate on the basis of marks scored in class 12th or through Entrance Test.

In Entrance Exam, they test the Communication Skill,Psychology Aptitude or Reasoning ability of the candidate.

After doing BA in psychology you can apply for MA in psychology for better career/job prospectus.

MA in psychology also conduct entrance examination to take the candidate into their college programme.

B.A/M.A in psychology opens up Various Job Opportunities for candidate like he/she can work in Hospital ,Schools , NGO's and in Colleges

5 Best Colleges For Psychology In India

Lady Sri Ram College for Women, New Delhi

Christ University, Bangalore

Dayanand Anglo Vedic College, Chandigarh

Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi

Presidency College, Chennai

5th May 2012, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

I had selected commerce as my subject in 11th & 12th and now it's my keen interest to study psychology. So please can i know the procedure to get admission in a college having Psychology as a subject?
And i've also heard that pschology is selected as an subject in 10 2 only in science & arts, so being a commerce student what am I suppose to do?
please entertain me & my questions as it is very important for me.
thank u.
5th May 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

I had selected commerce as my subject in 11th & 12th and now it's my keen interest to study psychology. So please can i know the procedure to get admission in a college having Psychology as a subject?
And i've also heard that pschology is selected as an subject in 10 2 only in science & arts, so being a commerce student what am I suppose to do?
please entertain me & my questions as it is very important for me.
thank u.
8th August 2012, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

i am in 10th .........is it compulsary to have pysco has a sub. in 11th..................to become a psychologist ?
19th September 2012, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

HI, i did my b.tech in biotechnology and post graduation certification in forensic science. Am i eligible to do msc in clinical psychology? Please advice.
13th October 2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

is it necesaary to have pyscho as a subject to study pyscho
28th October 2012, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

what are the different fields in psychology?
16th February 2013, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

now i am in 12th science after 12th i want to become psychologist.. but in 12 i not taken psychology subject .. and i applied for my NEET examination .. so please tell what would i do for become a psychologist.how should i take admission in degree college?are there any colleges in Mumbai to complete my psychology degree?? please answer.. i am waiting for your rply
17th February 2013, 12:59 AM
mayankt

Hi,
Becoming a psychologist is a long process. You need to get your BA, then your Master and then you needa Ph.D. Without a Ph.D. you can only work as a counselor in a school and stuff liek that and your slary will be crappy. After the Ph.D. however, you can work in hospitals

LIST OF COLLAGE:-
#.Presidency College, Chennai
#.Dayanand Anglo Vedic College, Chandigarh
#.Lady Sri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
Good Luck...
21st March 2013, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How should I become a Psychologist? What should I do? Are there any colleges in Mumbai to complete my Psychology degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in 10th .........is it compulsary to have pysco has a sub. in 11th..................to become a psychologist ?
yes its vry imp
1st April 2013, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

i am in 10th and what to take pshchology as my subject in 11 &12 but unable to find colleges in mumbai
i am very confuse !!
please advice me ........ i am waiting for your reply
20th April 2013, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

sir i am student of 12th science but i dont selected psycology as a subject so can
i do doctret in psycology after 12th?
How should I become a Psychologist? What should I do? Are there any colleges in baroda to complete my Psychology degree?
24th December 2013, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th . I want tonselect criminal psychology. Do I need to select P.C.M with that? Suggest me some schools in delhi for this stream .
26th February 2014, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Sir, l am in 10th . I want to become a psychologist but in my school their is no subject related to psychology ,in any stream.and l can't change my school also. Now, what should l do?..And it is compulsary to have psychology has sub in 11th and 12th......................
I am waiting for reply.
26th February 2014, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

In India in the 9th is it necessary to take higher maths in oder to enter the field of psychology
9th March 2014, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

if i complete my phD in psychology..what job opportunities can i get with a best package?
9th March 2014, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

I am doing psychology hons.nd m given my final exams..suggest me some colleges for masters in psychology. .in 12th I was a biology student..how to become a psychologist.. guide me other carriers in this field
28th May 2014, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

can a student of arts stream become a psychiatrist without a subject psycology
28th December 2014, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

i am in 10th and want to become psycologist.
i'm rally very confused what to take science or
humanities. i want a perfect answer..
15th April 2015, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have just passed my 10th and i want to be a psychologist. Please suggest me the best stream for psychology.Also is it necessary to take psychology subject in 11th and 12th? Because my school doesn't offer psychology and i am finding it difficult to change my school. Can i not do courses in psychology after 12th if i don't select psycho. in 11th? Please answer as soon as possible. it's urgent..!!
14th June 2015, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a clinical phychologist and i have arts as my stream which includes the following subjects :
Economics
English
Political Science
Phychologist
So can i become a clinical phychologist with these subjects in my 12th std. ?
3rd August 2015, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

I completed my 12 with psychology n I want to become a criminal psychologist can u recommend me any colleges offering dat course n d requirements to become a criminal psychologist
24th January 2017, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th as i want to become a psychologist. But i am not at all good in communication. So, may i be a psychologist
12th May 2017, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

I'm in 12th now and i am a arts stream student and i want to study psychology
What should I do? Are there any college in kolkata?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?